The little things in Life

Christmas Tree

One of the few times where I actually hope that any "Tits or GTFO" demands are ignored.

Not surprised CT is a "Lie in your own filth for half an hour" kind of guy, like. Especially sitting there drinking a bottle of Grolsch.

Posh accent? My butler's arse.

Oh dear chap a bath beats a shower every time. (especially a jacuzzi bath, dont you know).

What pleasure can be gained from standing up. A bath is one of lifes luxuries allowing you space and time to relax and contemplate.

When I was at the other place, the latest craze amongst young men was to shower and then turn the temperature to cold and stand there for a few more minutes!

I mean just why?

Burns about 100 calories in 2 minutes.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the few times where I actually hope that any "Tits or GTFO" demands are ignored.

Not surprised CT is a "Lie in your own filth for half an hour" kind of guy, like. Especially sitting there drinking a bottle of Grolsch.

Oh dear chap a bath beats a shower every time. (especially a jacuzzi bath, dont you know).

What pleasure can be gained from standing up. A bath is one of lifes luxuries allowing you space and time to relax and contemplate.

When I was at the other place, the latest craze amongst young men was to shower and then turn the temperature to cold and stand there for a few more minutes!

I mean just why?

Im afraid I need to see a link to proof of this statement. :lol:

I struggle to believe that standing still for two minutes, however cold burns 100 calories. :lol:

I drink on a Monday, because I'm too cool for waking up for school! :D

You go to school? I thought you'd be about 30. The way you like to think everyone on here wanks about you being a girl I just hope you aren't jailbait tbh

I mean just why?

I struggle to believe that standing still for two minutes, however cold burns 100 calories. :lol:

http://www.menshealt...d-shower-445680

and

Taking a cold shower does actually burn calories. Why? The answer is simple. Your body is constantly trying to keep about a 97 degree temperature. Therefore, it has to work extra hard to do this when you are cold. All this work results in the burning of calories.

Your body generates heat when it is cold by shivering. This muscle fasiculation produces heat, just like jogging or walking does. It is one of the bodies mechanisms for survival in extreme situations, in addition to dilating the blood vessles in the skin.

Another one similar to the first quote -

Losing weight with cold showers is possible, according to the 2008 study, "Human Skeletal Muscle Mitochondrial Uncoupling Is Associated With Cold Induced Adaptive Thermogenesis." This means that human brown fat tissue can increase fat burning in response to cold temperatures. One simple way to do this is to take cold showers.

Edited by Gejon

Obviously pinched from elsewhere, but I always thought it a nice thread to celebrate lifes little moments that make everything worth the effort.

Mine today is sitting here at 3.30 in a bubble bath with a bottle of ice cold Grolsch.

Sheer heaven (as long as the little'un has a good sleep).

Alright Bitch tits, when did you slope back?

Obviously pinched from elsewhere, but I always thought it a nice thread to celebrate lifes little moments that make everything worth the effort.

Mine today is sitting here at 3.30 in a bubble bath with a bottle of ice cold Grolsch.

Sheer heaven (as long as the little'un has a good sleep).

Alright Bitch tits, when did you slope back?

Bitch Tits :lol:

A few weeks ago. Heard you were missing me. :wub:

I mean just why?

http://www.menshealt...d-shower-445680

and

Taking a cold shower does actually burn calories. Why? The answer is simple. Your body is constantly trying to keep about a 97 degree temperature. Therefore, it has to work extra hard to do this when you are cold. All this work results in the burning of calories.

Your body generates heat when it is cold by shivering. This muscle fasiculation produces heat, just like jogging or walking does. It is one of the bodies mechanisms for survival in extreme situations, in addition to dilating the blood vessles in the skin.

Another one similar to the first quote -

Losing weight with cold showers is possible, according to the 2008 study, "Human Skeletal Muscle Mitochondrial Uncoupling Is Associated With Cold Induced Adaptive Thermogenesis." This means that human brown fat tissue can increase fat burning in response to cold temperatures. One simple way to do this is to take cold showers.

As deadman would say...... Blimey :lol:

Proper Grolsch is nice tbf.

Not sure if its proper but its the one with the nice flip lid which I like.

Aye, that's the fella. I think it's only the Dutch-brewed stuff that has the flip tops. UK one is a bit bland. Got them on special at my lercal Nisa atm as it happens.

Coming over the Tyne on the rail bridge when you've been away for ages. It's been the best part of a year for me since I was last home. Still can't beat that feeling when the stadium comes into view then you look down the river at the bridges.

Coming over the Tyne on the rail bridge when you've been away for ages. It's been the best part of a year for me since I was last home. Still can't beat that feeling when the stadium comes into view then you look down the river at the bridges.

Whenever I came home from my travels I always tried to come back over the High Level.

Got to be one of the best city views in Britain