FA Cup 3rd round: Newcastle Utd - Blackburn Rovers 2-1

Aeris

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really hope there's a clip of Bafra's goal with actual commentary - itv typical piss poor selves. Phenomenal goal though but no replay! I want to see it again ffs.

Why the fuck was the Wigan game first on?

I've no issue with that, league 2 versus Prem and all

It's the amount of time given to Paul ince to the detriment of the football shown that's the problem.

One thing today really highlighted was our need for a striker - Ben Afra put some quality crosses into the box and no one was on the end of them. Best get my backing for work rate, but he's never going to be a prolific in front of goal.

Wow, hard to think of a better goal Ive seen.

Also speechless at how nonchalant Jonas's goal was. Can only assume he was crossing. :wink2:

Would be really something if Ben Arfa could keep this up on one wing and Jonas on the other. Few people have said today that it was probably Jonas's best offensive display in 18 months?

Would like to hear any views on how Albeid performed.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Also speechless at how nonchalant Jonas's goal was. Can only assume he was crossing. :wink2:

Would be really something if Ben Arfa could keep this up on one wing and Jonas on the other. Few people have said today that it was probably Jonas's best offensive display in 18 months?

He did well. He Put a ball out of play while not under pressure half an hour in, which got a groan so he seemed unnerved and flew into his next challenge, but apart from that don't remember him putting a foot wrong. Solid.

The Jonas goal gets better with each watch, absolute class finish and great lead up play. As an individual goal Ben Arfa's is in a league of its own - brilliant.

I think hate is a bit harsh.

Pardew has clearly spent a lot of time instilling a teamwork ethic in the squad, they play for each other and it shows.

It's possible that he is concerned introducing HBA into the team kind of pisses on that.

I don't think it would, be if that's the case I can see his concern.

Also speechless at how nonchalant Jonas's goal was. Can only assume he was crossing.

He did well. He Put a ball out of play while not under pressure half an hour in, which got a groan so he seemed unnerved and flew into his next challenge, but apart from that don't remember him putting a foot wrong. Solid.

Cheers

I think hate is a bit harsh.

Pardew has clearly spent a lot of time instilling a teamwork ethic in the squad, they play for each other and it shows.

It's possible that he is concerned introducing HBA into the team kind of pisses on that.

I don't think it would, be if that's the case I can see his concern.

Yup

I didn't see any of the match bar the 20 seconds or so highlights on itv. Anyone who was at the game have anything to report? Did HBA start out wide? How did he look? What was Abeid like? Did we look like we missed Ba?