Newcastle United - Manchester United 3-0

Aeris

Brilliant result and team performance the work rate was fantastic.

Ben Arfa has ability there is no doubt about that but would he of put in a shift like the rest of the team did tonight?

unfair not giving him a chance coming in at 2-0 when he's 100% fit...the kid needs playtime, he will and must be an important piece when ba is away and he should be prepared by being given time on the pitch.

He needs a run out. But not 2-0 up against Man Utd who can quite easily score 2 in 2 mins. Better bringing people on who will run and chase and play the game out.

best, perch, obertan...they will run allright, but...

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old boring 4-4-2, for some reason the players were on fire tonight. Probably due to it being at home vs Man U?

Some people on here make it as if its China 1000 B.C and he just invented gunpowder.

Great game by the lads. Ryan taylor on the wing rather than HBA? Right laugh.

you genuinely haven't got a clue about football - it's actually quite sweet

Brilliant result and team performance the work rate was fantastic.

Ben Arfa has ability there is no doubt about that but would he of put in a shift like the rest of the team did tonight?

unfair not giving him a chance coming in at 2-0 when he's 100% fit...the kid needs playtime, he will and must be an important piece when ba is away and he should be prepared by being given time on the pitch.

But? I'd much rather take 3 points over giving Ben Arfa game time. End of the day, he's now going to get his time to shine, so let's see what he produces. Me also thinks he didn't play to protect him so he's fit and able to play once Ba is gone. Remember, no striker is coming in, so if he gets injured we're stuck with Best, Ameobi and Lovenhands

He needs a run out. But not 2-0 up against Man Utd who can quite easily score 2 in 2 mins. Better bringing people on who will run and chase and play the game out.

best, perch, obertan...they will run allright, but...

Fair enough Ant, there is also the issue of what line to hold, when to press, how to deploy the full backs, using our CMs to stop them getting between the lines etc but you're right, it was the long ball that got us 2 of the goals. I thought Santon was excellent tonight, couple of times i wondered where he was but overall superb stuff.

Fair enough Ant, there is also the issue of what line to hold, when to press, how to deploy the full backs, using our CMs to stop them getting between the lines etc but you're right, it was the long ball that got us 2 of the goals. I thought Santon was excellent tonight, couple of times i wondered where he was but overall superb stuff.

At times it was as if Enrique never left

so slate Pardew when the team fails to win, praise the team when the team does win.

Aye, okay, sounds balanced.

im praising the team for doing something unexpected, even if pardew seems to stick with what he does every game (except letting obertan play which would have lost us the game)

Absolutely fantastic performance tonight - full of the belief we so sorely lacked against Liverpool. Every player was outstanding, even the subs did a job. Pardew got it spot on.

Also very much warming to the idea of keeping Ryan Taylor on the right wing, meaning Santon can stay at LB. Santon is utter class and I saw the Jonas of old tonight as he looked far more comfortable.

Only negative is coming on here and reading the sheer idiocy Ant has come out with. And can the Ben Arfa Brigade please shut the fuck up for once - he'll get his chance with Ba gone for a few weeks.

Absolutely fantastic performance tonight - full of the belief we so sorely lacked against Liverpool. Every player was outstanding, even the subs did a job. Pardew got it spot on.

Also very much warming to the idea of keeping Ryan Taylor on the right wing, meaning Santon can stay at LB. Santon is utter class and I saw the Jonas of old tonight as he looked far more comfortable.

Only negative is coming on here and reading the sheer idiocy Ant has come out with. And can the Ben Arfa Brigade please shut the fuck up for once - he'll get his chance with Ba gone for a few weeks.

+1

Same old boring 4-4-2, for some reason the players were on fire tonight. Probably due to it being at home vs Man U?

Some people on here make it as if its China 1000 B.C and he just invented gunpowder.

Great game by the lads. Ryan taylor on the wing rather than HBA? Right laugh.

What an arsehole's response. What's the point of watching if that's your reaction to a 3-0 win against the Champions? Isn't it what you've been banging on about more than anyone-go out and attack one of the 'big' teams?

Fucking magic stuff. Essentially the same system with the one notable personnel change that everybody has been pressing for, battles won in the key areas (bit of the earlier form returning) and just wanting it more than the opposition. Two great goals to win it but the defence were just as big stars on the night for me. Not that it's popular on here to defend well, but I couldn't give a fuck. :)

so slate Pardew when the team fails to win, praise the team when the team does win.

Aye, okay, sounds balanced.

Dogs can have their day and when they do they get credit for it, (ryan taylor playing well, shola beating defenders in the air etcetc)

playing the same players every day thinking they'll always perform like they did tonight, when you've other more consistent players with more promise/experience/less shite on the bench... then yes he gets slated.

7pts from our last 21 which includes tonights result and a series of games which had swansea westbrom norwich bolton etcetc is why i'm saying it's not really his result tonight, it's the players

anyways offski

On balance after a bad spell, the dog that is Pardew is still doing well this season.

Fucking class match, credit to Pardew he got his tactics right (dubious subs but never mind) tonight and the team give 100%.

Mackems and others saying this is a weak Man utd team are mugs, this same team recently smashed teams by 3 or more goals and they were played off the pitch tonight.

It was the EXCACT same team as the last gash 8 matches. If we are to give him credit for tonight, he must also take the shit for the previous bad run.

People were calling for his head before the ben arfa goal against bolton which opened the game up.

In the post-match interview when asked about ACN, Pardew said he is counting on Best to deliver the goods when Ba goes. Didnt even mention Ben Arfa with a single word.

Interpret it as you wish.

Some weird reactions on here to this win. I'm ecstatic, buzzing. And then you've got people moaning about the manager for not picking Ben arfa or playing the same old system. We just beat the champions you turd burglars! This sort of thing doesn't happen around here too often. Fucking enjoy it!

Edited by Dr Gloom

It was the EXCACT same team as the last gash 8 matches. If we are to give him credit for tonight, he must also take the shit for the previous bad run.

People were calling for his head before the ben arfa goal against bolton which opened the game up.

Errr...he did. And he takes the credit for the earlier games. And overall he gets credit for being on 33 points at the start of Jan.