Terry to be prosecuted

Gemmill

Who made the complaint then?

If it was someone watching on tv, Ferdinand had the option of not pressing charges. "I didnt hear anything" would suffice. He could have stopped it becoming a police matter iyam.

It was an off duty cop watching it on TV. And Ferdinand has stated that he didn't hear the insult but it has still gone to court.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we do at large with what we pay to read/view

the public are interested in stuff like this, it sells papers, it gets ratings.

I heard someone say a while back that they were sick of hearing about the leveson inquiry and hoping that it would "go away" while in the same conversation complaining about the banal celeb focus crap in the news but not realising that the two are connected.

true

Great country this, you can assault someone becasue you "thought" they were going to hit you first and you can call people black cunts. Well if you're a fottballer you can.

Some Buster Bloodvessel tribute who is Chelsea fan rep just been on SSN saying how Terry "suffers the most vile abuse when he plays" and went on to assure viewers that Chelsea fans "will pass fair judgement on both John and Anton following this"

So, in unison, they'll be reminding AF that "he knows what he is" again then ?

It sums up the power footballers have and anyone with authority suddenly gets a jelly back bone.

Difficult to argue with the most senior magistrate in in Great Britain tbh. Not enough eveidence,his full judgement takes 30 mins to read so its quite thorough. Theres more than a fair chance that Terry did racially abuse Ferdinand, but if theres not enough evidence to convict him then he's innocent. Same rules for all in the eyes of the law. The crucial TV footage was inconclusive according to the magistrate. Ive not seen it so I dont know, but was part of the crucial "8 seconds" as the judge put it partially obsucered as they said on the radio? Because if anyone agrees with that then thats why he was found not guilty. The rest of the evidence was one unprovable bunch of staements v another i.e. not really evidence. So he walks.

Not entirely surprising.

Lip reading not an exact science/no direct witnesses/Character witnesses support Terry not being a racist/faintly plausible explanation.

I'm not saying he didn't do it, but there's not exactly the strongest evidence in the world against him.

The magistrates report admits that his explanation was "unlikely" from what I can gather. So he definitely said the words and he's (probably) lying about the reasons why, but I suppose that really isn't enough to find him guilty - you can't just disregard his explanation because you find it flimsy, but I think everyone knows what's gone on here. There can't be many intelligent people who think he's actually innocent as opposed to not guilty.