Terry to be prosecuted

Gemmill

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cba reading everything, but that IS dealt with more seriously than the Terry affair. Heard 'There's more important things they should be focusing on' from quite a few people, but what does that even mean?

The papers might have Terry all over the front pages, but that doesn't mean it's getting more police attention than serious crimes, it just means its getting more media coverage. So saying theres more important things they should be throwing the book at is a bit of a nonsense as it isn't the police that have chosen to make the Terry affair a huge case (larger than rapes, killings etc), it's that it happens to be what people are interested in reading. And i don't think you would find many people that would say its more important than those cases.

And while those cases are worse, it doesn't mean cases like this should be ignored. I don't think littering is as bad as car theft, but if some knob's fly tipping fridges I'd still like him to be charged AS WELL AS the local car thief.

fair enough. It is getting more media coverage, maybe it shouldn't be ? We can't control the media though.

Not high profile stuff but he's been on William Hill's podcast and (although I can't find it) I'm sure he's done some colour commentary recently.

careful now!

What was the guilty verdict against Collymore?

He found guilty of having a difference of opinion to Leazes, in the LeazesMag High Court. LeazesMag QM prosecuting and the Honourable Lord Justice LeazesMag presiding.

;)

fair enough. It is getting more media coverage, maybe it shouldn't be ? We can't control the media though.

Course we can; don't buy the papers that run the story on their front pages, don't listen to the radio stations that raised awareness of it beyond it's station, don't watch the tv channels that have pseudo-documentaries about it.

we do at large with what we pay to read/view

the public are interested in stuff like this, it sells papers, it gets ratings.

I heard someone say a while back that they were sick of hearing about the leveson inquiry and hoping that it would "go away" while in the same conversation complaining about the banal celeb focus crap in the news but not realising that the two are connected.

He does a podcast for William Hill called 'The Punt'

Can't believe Gemmill is giving people stick for their lack of googlability elsewhere ;)

That's different. :razz: if someone makes a comment, I can query them on it. Different to just turning up and going "can someone tell me what the weather is gonna be like today for my postcode?"

Fucking William Hill podcast btw. Aye getting caught being racist didn't do anything to harm Ron Atkinson's media career at all. :lol:

Is that the same as what I said like? Tsk Tsk Gemmil, Tsk Tsk.

And like I said, I'm sure he's done some commentary recently, I just can't find it. Mind, they all sound the same to me.

Is that the same as what I said like? Tsk Tsk Gemmil, Tsk Tsk.

And like I said, I'm sure he's done some commentary recently, I just can't find it. Mind, they all sound the same to me.

You think ONLY getting work on a William Hill podcast doesn't signal the end of someone's media career?

Edited by Gemmill

Who the fuck downloads a William Hill "Punt" podcast in the first place, let alone with informed host Ron Atkinson?

"He does what I call a lollipop"

"what does that mean Ron? You're not making sense"

"Shut the fuck up and get your money on the Nigger!"

You think ONLY getting work on a William Hill podcast doesn't signal the end of someone's media career?

Saw him during the Euro's commenting on summink....

Back in your box Robo-Spaz

Neither Ferdinand nor his girlfriend went to the police. In fact Ferdinand was reluctant for the police to investigate it at all.

Who made the complaint then?

If it was someone watching on tv, Ferdinand had the option of not pressing charges. "I didnt hear anything" would suffice. He could have stopped it becoming a police matter iyam.

Does it need a complaint or charges pressed?

I think he got caught in the act and the CPS pressed for it.

Yeah but before it gets to the CPS the police have to investigate a complaint...well thats what I thought anyway. If it is as you're claiming then its reliant on somebody in the police actually seeing it then deciding to act on what he's seen, not sure if it works like that.

Yeah but before it gets to the CPS the police have to investigate a complaint...well thats what I thought anyway. If it is as you're claiming then its reliant on somebody in the police actually seeing it then deciding to act on what he's seen, not sure if it works like that.

Nah, if I piss in the street it's a public order offence and only needs the CPS to have the evidence they need to issue a fine.

Nah, if I piss in the street it's a public order offence and only needs the CPS to have the evidence they need to issue a fine.

Yeah but that doesnt go to CPS usually as most of that sort of offence is dealt with on the spot by the police. As you say this is a public order offence too. I'm really not sure, but I thought it was stated that he complained only after his bird had showed him what was said on youtube.