Newcastle Vs Charlton match off !

Jimbo

Bit of a joke like. The council want their arse kicking for the total lack of gritting that had been done - the coast road was like a fucking ice rink last night. I set off for the match in the car, got halfway down the coast road and turned around and came home cos it was too dangerous. Got the metro in instead and spent the night in the Trent. Actually probably had a better night than if the match had been on tbh. :D

Bit of a joke like.  The council want their arse kicking for the total lack of gritting that had been done - the coast road was like a fucking ice rink last night.  I set off for the match in the car, got halfway down the coast road and turned around and came home cos it was too dangerous.  Got the metro in instead and spent the night in the Trent.  Actually probably had a better night than if the match had been on tbh. :D

71903[/snapback]

Wouldn't the halfway back home be just as dangerous as the halfway up?

Bit of a joke like.  The council want their arse kicking for the total lack of gritting that had been done - the coast road was like a fucking ice rink last night.  I set off for the match in the car, got halfway down the coast road and turned around and came home cos it was too dangerous.  Got the metro in instead and spent the night in the Trent.  Actually probably had a better night than if the match had been on tbh. :blush:

71903[/snapback]

Wouldn't the halfway back home be just as dangerous as the halfway up?

72068[/snapback]

Aye but continuing the full way into town and the full way back later on would have been twice as dangerous. :D

Never mind Bridget, it was a chance for a good piss up instead !

72126[/snapback]

Can't say I was especially relishing the prospect of another bore-fest anyway...

72128[/snapback]

aye you're right there, there's been a few games lately when I thought I may as well have stayed in the pub, in fact if you could still pay on the day I suspect a lot of us may have done just that ....

WHO is the "safety officer" who bottled out?

I listend on 5 Live last night and it wasn't clear if he/she is a copper, a Council employee, a Govt employee or (god Forbid) a club employee

once they had spoken the ref had no choice at all

God Forbid someone takes a decision and so averts serious accidents, rather than allow a free for all among a large crowd.

It was the right decision, whoever made it, the only problem was the timing of it, but the weather is unfortunately out of our control

You have a strange problem with authority figures don't you Rob

Edited by LeazesMag

Aye well he wants to be in charge - then it would all be all right and we (well not ME obviously) could all sleep safe in our beds............................... :D:blush::blush:

I think I'd be in Belmarsh or Guantanomo toot-sweet

Edited by Rob W

You have a strange problem with authority figures don't you Rob

72136[/snapback]

From the man for whom the police/government can't do anything properly. :D

72146[/snapback]

mostly when they are prevented from doing things by do gooders and woolly headed softies

Aye well he wants to be in charge - then it would all be all right and we (well not ME obviously) could all sleep safe in our beds...............................  :D  :blush:  :blush: 

I think I'd be in Belmarsh or Guantanomo toot-sweet

72150[/snapback]

well, unlike some NHS patients, hospital staff etc, you would have got a canny xmas dinner, paid for with your money, courtesy of do gooders banging on about your "rights"

"paid for with your money"

bloody hell - I didn't realise prisoners had to pay for their own food (well at least not in the last 150 years.........)

yer a hard man Leazes...............