The No. 10.

Park Life

Is this alleged empathy MT's lacking toward these pampered millionaires?

what, come on, if the money bothered you, you would never support a premier league club. you'd stick to watching gateshead or something...

Doesn't answer the question, or make much sense and is approaching rude. I support them because it's where I'm from. It's part of my identity, my love for and, yes, empathy for the city, the region and its people. Stuff you know less than fuck all about, but keep trying desperately to join in with.

Edited by trophyshy

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this alleged empathy MT's lacking toward these pampered millionaires?

what, come on, if the money bothered you, you would never support a premier league club. you'd stick to watching gateshead or something...

Doesn't answer the question, or make much sense and is approaching rude. I support them because it's where I'm from. It's part of my identity, my love for and, yes, empathy for the city, the region and its people. Stuff you know less than fuck all about, but keep trying desperately to join in with.

I couldn't be less arsed reading what you write, you seem like a stinking bag of shit tbh. I guess all you care about is your own city and the people coming up from inside it then... so the people playing for your club not from Newcastle? What are they, slaves? Desperate people trying to steal money from your club?...and when your own team started growing supporter clubs worldwide people like you were hiding under stones I guess.

Edited by Aeris

Another astute assumption from Aeris, swiftly establishing herself as one of the board's great thinkers and a top, top humanitarian.

Edited by trophyshy

To be honest if Aeris doesn't post a picture of herself holding a sign stating she isn't LBT... well Hell I'll just never believe any claims to the contrary.

Aye that's fair enough LBT, but I think the point being made elsewhere is a fair one. You're not gonna watch trophy wins following this club, so you really need to make the most of nights like last night - its pathetic in a way, but in some ways that's as good as it gets, particularly in this day and age. Moaning on cos your boy didn't get a run out after a game like last night is frankly mental.

The "you are not from newcastle so fuck off" card is a bit sad tbh. Fans are found in all corners of the world, even those with no affilitation to the city itself..

That wasn't what I was saying, I was responding to the inference that I have a chosen to support Newcastle and could change it if I have a problem with footballers getting rich, which I don't as the comment that led to that was a piss take anyway. People from Newcastle don't chose to follow them in the way people like yourself might.

Aye that's fair enough LBT, but I think the point being made elsewhere is a fair one. You're not gonna watch trophy wins following this club, so you really need to make the most of nights like last night - its pathetic in a way, but in some ways that's as good as it gets, particularly in this day and age. Moaning on cos your boy didn't get a run out after a game like last night is frankly mental.

Don't think it was a game for HBA anyway.

Alan Pardew fine with Hatem Ben Arfa interview

ALAN Pardew insists he has no problem with Hatem Ben Arfa venting his frustration to the media.

The mercurial playmaker this week complained about his lack of first-team action this season, and Newcastle United’s “direct” style of play.

The interview, thought to have taken place without the club’s knowledge, seemed certain to harm the already frosty relations between Ben Arfa and his manager. In public, at least, Pardew is adamant that is not the case.

“I didn’t see anything wrong with his interview,” he said. “I don’t think any player at any football club is going to say their philosophy is the same as the manager.

“I didn’t when I was working with Steve Coppell (at Crystal Palace) but I still admired him and understood what he is about and learned a great deal off him.

“As you grow as a player you learn you can have a different kind of formula to win games. We have played to Hatem’s formula a couple of times and have done okay.

“When he plays in the side we have to pass the ball more and play it into him more. He will get his opportunity to show what he can do.”

Ben Arfa is a popular figure on the terraces, but has started just three games this season after missing the opening month with a pre-season ankle injury.

Too often, though, the French international has undermined his case with lacklustre performances when he needed to push it.

Demba Ba’s departure for the African Cup of Nations presents Ben Arfa with a potential opportunity. Senegal’s last group game is on January 29, but the final is on February 15, raising the possibility the Magpies could be without their top scorer for around seven matches.

If Ben Arfa was critical of Pardew’s style, the manager is pleased how his players have embraced different tactics for different games.

They approached Wednesday’s 3-0 win over Manchester United very differently to November’s 1-1 draw, exploiting the absence of Nemanja Vidic with a more direct strategy.

“I think we can change tactics, we have different strengths to the squad and we haven’t approached every game with the same game plan,” said Pardew (pictured below). “We have tweaked it and we will tweak it again on Saturday. You need good players to do that and a training ground with an environment where you can do it too. If you have disruptive influences or you don’t have a focus you can’t do it so you try and stick to a gameplan and hope the team carry it out.”

Yohan Cabaye is expected to be fit for tomorrow’s FA Cup third-round tie with Blackburn Rovers, having limped off on Wednesday with an apparent hamstring strain.

With Danny Guthrie not due back in training until Monday, Mehdi Abeid and Haris Vuckic are in contention to partner him in midfield.

Edited by Christmas Tree

I fear there will always be an excuse not to start him. There's been almost every type of scenario, opposition, absentees for him to get a look in yet he hasn't.

Pardew will probably start Shola and Best.