Tiote or Hamann?

Baggio

Better NUFC player  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what I'm posting is nothing to do with our ex owners. You mentioned them not me. You're potty.

This is a perfect example of how people make up comments and attribute them to me. I'm explaining how football clubs are successful. If you attribute that to how our football club used to be run, then that is your own comments.

I know, annoying isn't it? :lol:

I hope certain people are looking.

I didn't mention them or even refer to them in any way at all.

sure you did, Nobody on here is stupid enough to believe otherwise

The way to get success in football is the same as it has been for over 100 years. You keep your best players as much as you can, you buy quality footballers, you pay the going rate, you back your managers and you don't pocket the money from sales or divert it elsewhere, unless you are a selling club, and selling clubs are not successful on the pitch.

Man U have made a profit on players in every season as Toonpack states. Are you saying they're not successful, or not a selling club, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who mentioned the Halls and Shepherd ?

Are you mad ?

Stop cherry picking :cuppa:

what I'm posting is nothing to do with our ex owners. You mentioned them not me. You're potty.

This is a perfect example of how people make up comments and attribute them to me. I'm explaining how football clubs are successful. If you attribute that to how our football club used to be run, then that is your own comments.

The way to get success in football is the same as it has been for over 100 years. You keep your best players as much as you can, you buy quality footballers, you pay the going rate, you back your managers and you don't pocket the money from sales or divert it elsewhere, unless you are a selling club, and selling clubs are not successful on the pitch.

The key phrase

It what they all (and us) do, it really is that simple.

Aye football hasnt changed in 100 years :lol:

Not contesting the theory Leazes, just the practical application in the REAL WORLD. Also, I did answer your question in the other thread where i explained I'd spent the same as you following the club this season.

Pacinofan, apols i got the 70 odd m and 30m mixed up, you did explain the figures a few weeks back so my mistake.

I know, annoying isn't it? :lol:

no it isn't. I couldn't give a toss tbh. :icon_lol:

Not contesting the theory Leazes, just the practical application in the REAL WORLD. Also, I did answer your question in the other thread where i explained I'd spent the same as you following the club this season.

Pacinofan, apols i got the 70 odd m and 30m mixed up, you did explain the figures a few weeks back so my mistake.

in the REAL world, what you are advocating ie selling your best players, pocketing the cash and not backing your manager, will NEVER be successful. Fair enough if you support clubs such as Blackburn, Bolton etc though, which is their level in the scheme of things.

As I said in my thread about Ashley and his apologists, it does appear that those apologists are indeed non-match going supporters, who aren't putting their cash into the club so have different priorities.

Edited by LeazesMag

in the REAL world, what you are advocating ie selling your best players, pocketing the cash and not backing your manager, will NEVER be successful. Fair enough if you support clubs such as Blackburn, Bolton etc though, which is their level in the scheme of things.

As I said in my thread about Ashley and his apologists, it does appear that those apologists are indeed non-match going supporters, who aren't putting their cash into the club so have different priorities.

Except for all the succesfull clubs that do it :D

Any of these successful clubs start the season without a recognised left back?....

Hamann as a bloke and a personality was made for Liverpool FC. Completely humourless self righteous robot of a man. However, I mind his debut for us in a friendly against Juventus FC and he scored one of the best goals I've ever seen from 45 yards.

when you have told us how your appraisal of Mike Ashley changed after the summer deadline, and/or how much longer you are now going to give him to "prove" his intentions, then you can tell us which of these successful clubs have not backed their managers, sold their best players and put together a team of cheap replacements ?

Hamann as a bloke and a personality was made for Liverpool FC. Completely humourless self righteous robot of a man. However, I mind his debut for us in a friendly against Juventus FC and he scored one of the best goals I've ever seen from 45 yards.

scousers are all cheeky scallies man Stevie

Any of these successful clubs start the season without a recognised left back?....

Didn't we buy Santon ? Manager seemed to think Taylor was a better option to start with though.

Nlot sure what your point is, we will buy what we can afford, just like the rest, end of.

Didn't we buy Santon ? Manager seemed to think Taylor was a better option to start with though.

Nlot sure what your point is, we will buy what we can afford, just like the rest, end of.

14th biggest revenues in world football.........haven't you said we were "cash rich" in the summer ? Where is the {Carroll] cash ?

Edited by LeazesMag

when you have told us how your appraisal of Mike Ashley changed after the summer deadline, and/or how much longer you are now going to give him to "prove" his intentions, then you can tell us which of these successful clubs have not backed their managers, sold their best players and put together a team of cheap replacements ?

First bit, not again, have done that many times.

All of them have sold their best players at some point (even at the top of the pyramid - Man U and Ronaldo for example) and rarely do they spend more on a replacement (actually I'm struggling to think of anyone who has bought a more expensive replacement) ergo they all find cheaper replacements.

List me some if you like.

14th biggest revenues in world football.........haven't you said we were "cash rich" in the summer ? Where is the {Carroll] cash ?

In the clubs bank account I would guess, that which hasn't been spent or repaid against the debt or covered previous losses anyway.

My point is we dont have a left footed left back bacause we didnt buy a left footed left back...we bought an injury prone right footed left back because he was cheap and rumoured to be half decent 2 seasons ago pre injury. Your comparison with manu in this regard is fuckin bollocks old son. I accept we're in a brave new world of football and I completley accept that things have to be done differently but we're really not doing anything like spurs and manu have done in recent years and to suggest otherwise at this stage is shite. If we do the business in January I'll be very pleased and will accept that Ashley is steering us to acheiveing more this season than we did last season but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

First bit, not again, have done that many times.

All of them have sold their best players at some point (even at the top of the pyramid - Man U and Ronaldo for example) and rarely do they spend more on a replacement (actually I'm struggling to think of anyone who has bought a more expensive replacement) ergo they all find cheaper replacements.

List me some if you like.

first part. You said he is "recouping", so what did you think he was doing BEFORE the end of the summer deadline, when you said you would "revise your appraisal" of his intentions ?

Re Ronaldo, you are cherry picking again. The replacement for Roy Keane was Michaeal Carrick for instance.......

Nevertheless, I'm pleased for you that ManU appears to be the only club you can think of when you claim they have "never backed their managers" :icon_lol: Wonder what you will say when they shortly bolster their midfield with Tiote or another similar calibre player, without selling anyone.

Edited by LeazesMag

My point is we dont have a left footed left back bacause we didnt buy a left footed left back...we bought an injury prone right footed left back because he was cheap and rumoured to be half decent 2 seasons ago pre injury. Your comparison with manu in this regard is fuckin bollocks old son. I accept we're in a brave new world of football and I completley accept that things have to be done differently but we're really not doing anything like spurs and manu have done in recent years and to suggest otherwise at this stage is shite. If we do the business in January I'll be very pleased and will accept that Ashley is steering us to acheiveing more this season than we did last season but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

:icon_lol:

exactly

It's not shite it's an absolute fact. To make me shut up, show me how they've accumulated debt and spent over and above what they've earned for years on end to get where they are. Should be easy.

We are doing now what they have done for years, we are behind in the game and have some catching up to do, we have EXACTLY the same "cut your cloth" approach as they do. They currently have silk purses we're making our way from a sow's ear.

:icon_lol:

exactly

The good old LM "exactly"

Always the pointer to an incorrect/flawed post :icon_lol:

who mentioned the Halls and Shepherd ?

Are you mad ?

Stop cherry picking :cuppa:

If paying the going rate is 35+50 mil for Carroll and Torres then I would rather we didn't, which we couldn't afford anyway.

As for cheap inferior replacements? Cabaye inferior to Nolan? Ba to Carroll??

I would call it well planned scouting, which has been somewhat lacking until recently.

As for you keep banging on about selling players, get over it, players come players go. The rich,elite clubs have and will continue to have dibbs on the best players.FACT

Thing is though we are so close, so very close to being a top 7 side who can challenge the clubs for a UEFA cup spot season in/season out with the right approach. 2-3 players signed in the right positions would push us forward (Not massive players signed for big money, but little signings that could make a big difference) but selling Tiote would totally cancel out any potential progress we could make. It's the most frustrating point of being a fan knowing that we are so close, but realising under Ashley we're never gonna take the right steps to get us back to where we should be and where we could be and seeing some people accept decisions that he makes only to keep sh*tting on us as fans time and time again in regards to changing the stadium name to benefit his own company, splashing boards all over the stadium and shifting fans and not having any plan for them to go anywhere else to show us whos boss

Out of interest, what does him being right footed matter?

Also what makes you think he's injury prone?

Out of interest, what does him being right footed matter?

Also what makes you think he's injury prone?

1.Square pegs in square holes.....Stuart Pearce was right footed to be fair to Santon. If David turns out to be as good as him I'll attend every home game next season with a "Mike Ashley is a god" hat on. Its all to do with the price range we're shopping in. I think we'd have been better off getting somebody who fits the posistion more naturally than someonee who, however good he is, will always be trying to compensate for being on the wrong side. Stuart Pearce did it by being able to pass and cross the ball equally well with both the instep and the outside of his right foot. Or so he says in his autobiography.

2. Fair one, but yet again its to do with the range of player we can attract....he wouldnt be here if he was still being tipped as "the new Maldini", and its yet another gamble on Ashleys part. I'm sure theyve done their homework and worked out that the odds on him being competant and fit for selection must be fair to good. Time will tell, but there is a reason he faded away from the first team picture at Inter and it's either doubts about long term fitness, temperament or both. I saw him at Norwich on Saturday and was pretty impressed. Good luck to him. Would we have been better paying Villa 5 million for the likes of Warnock?...dunno, but he's a bog standard Premier League left back who has experience and wouldve fitted straight in to the back 4 without any need for an acclimatisation period. It wouldve been less of a gamble, and I realise had he joined and performed ok theres still no guarantee we wouldve done as well as we have this season. But as I say, square peg,square hole...

Dennis Irwin and Philip Lahm were right footed too, personally I don't think it makes much difference if they are predominantly right footed as long as they are comfortable when attacking players go on the outside of them, if anything it can be a plus point as they will have a far greater amount of space to run in to cutting in field when we attack if our winger is keeping the fullback occupied out wide.

As for how good he's going to be, well that's something we won't know until he's been here a while and established himself but I don't blame Pardew for showing faith in Taylor when we were keeping it tight at the back, it is a gamble but then so were Tiote and Cabaye when we could have stuck with a more Premiership proven midfielder for under £5 million each yet the gamble paid off and we've got 2 class midfielders on the books.

It's funny you mention Warnock because Keegan wanted the more established fullback at the expense of the inexperienced Enrique yet I don't think there is much doubt who went on to be the better player, fingers crossed the same can happen with Santon.