There are some lovely people in this country

Kevin S. Assilleekunt

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't get that sort of thing in Leatherhead man.

Best places for that kind of thing are the edges of London like Croydon and Streatham and Peckham (which is full of nutters).

Nigafrica could catch on. ;)

Best places for that kind of thing are the edges of London like Croydon and Streatham and Peckham (which is full of nutters).

Those places are crawling with Jade Goody's (gawd rest 'er soww), and for every Blackheath and Richmond there are 10 Lewisham's, Penge's and Bromley's. Awful shitholes.

Are the people who are having a go at this woman [not that I'm saying I think she is right or wrong] the same people who advocate free speech when foreigners who call another country "home" are heckling our armed forces in Wooton Basset etc, knowing they can't fire back at them ?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Was she right or wrong though? In your opinion.

would she get kneecapped in Ireland if she mouthed off like that about the IRA , or does Freedom of Speech only apply when its anti-British or anti - west ?

Is that right or wrong ?

just watch the video LM...its obvious you haven't.

you're telling me now what I've seen and not seen ? I don't give a view on anything without having seen it, unlike many football based views and comments by people.

Those places are crawling with Jade Goody's (gawd rest 'er soww), and for every Blackheath and Richmond there are 10 Lewisham's, Penge's and Bromley's. Awful shitholes.

Yup.

South London is scarier than North London now and that's saying summat.

Is it Penge that's full of Millwall can't remember?

Edited by Park Life

Are the people who are having a go at this woman [not that I'm saying I think she is right or wrong] the same people who advocate free speech when foreigners who call another country "home" are heckling our armed forces in Wooton Basset etc, knowing they can't fire back at them ?

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Was she right or wrong though? In your opinion.

would she get kneecapped in Ireland if she mouthed off like that about the IRA , or does Freedom of Speech only apply when its anti-British or anti - west ?

Is that right or wrong ?

Do you support her comments?

just watch the video LM...its obvious you haven't.

you're telling me now what I've seen and not seen ? I don't give a view on anything without having seen it, unlike many football based views and comments by people.

stay on topic LM.....please explain your "knifed" comment if you've seen the video.

Yup.

parky, you're wrong about peckham. the dodgy estates around queens road aside, peckham is a quality area. bellenden road, peckham rye and nunhead, all really nice. you only have to look at the house prices. you won't get a three bed terrace around peckhan rye for less than 500k.

penge is a hole mind, i'll give you that as is bermondsey, home of millwall fc.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Yup.

Penge is a nothingness of a place, horrible London 50s and 60s built suburbia not too far from Croydon and Bromley wouldn't class it as Millwall, more Palace probably, but I get upset thinking about how amazingly shit life must be living there.

Yup.

parky, you're wrong about peckham. the dodgy estates around queens road aside, peckham is a quality area. bellenden road, peckham rye and nunhead, all really nice. you only have to look at the house prices. you won't get a three bed terrace around peckhan rye for less than 500k.

It's been a while since I've been in Peckham tbf. Probs been colonised by Rupert and Fifi since. :)

Yeah Bermondsey and Mile end have that background vibration of menace where you check the exists before you down the first pint. :)

Yup.

It's been a while since I've been in Peckham tbf. Probs been colonised by Rupert and Fifi since. :)

Yeah Bermondsey and Mile end have that background vibration of menace where you check the exists before you down the first pint. :)

Massively. It's all south Indian tapas, organic butchers and pop up cocktail bars with art installations these days. I bought a house in Dulwich recently but was shown a house by one opportunist agent in a place called bellenden village, new one on me that like.

I think east Dulwich is a phrase coined by agents too. Could well have been known as west Peckham back in the day before all the artisan bread makers, organic health food shops and gastro pubs took over lordship lane.

Tbf to the white working class they have had nearly all their tools of trade taken away from them over the last two decades.

Cheap immigrant labour (latest from Poland).

No smoking in pubs (7 quid a packet).

Their cultural identity and locus (bonded often by location and generational memories) more or less gone.

The decimation of factories and engineering and so on...

Poor education and lack of funding for the bottom rung of education (not like the 70's and 80's when families on low income would get grants all over the place)..

Crap telly.

The Labour party moving to the center.

Just saying like.

Edited by Park Life