Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

For me last night provided the worst moment of the season. We're playing Everton at home we go 2-1 down, there's 30 minutes to play and there's a total resignation from all of the players that we've lost the game. Fucking pathetic. To make matters even worse he takes off our fastest player for a defensive midfielder, I'm not saying Obertan was amazing, but he wasn't the worst. The fans are arseholes too booing Ranger on, it wasn't many but enough to be audible. I hate fucking Everton too, complete scruffs who are beyond comparison in this country, and that really is not being harsh.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fans are arseholes too booing Ranger on,

As I said last night, about two minutes after he came on he lost the ball around the half way line then stood there with his hands on his hips like he was Ronaldo rather than try to get it back. He shouldn't even be near the bench but he got his chance due to us being down to the bare bones then did that.

For me last night provided the worst moment of the season. We're playing Everton at home we go 2-1 down, there's 30 minutes to play and there's a total resignation from all of the players that we've lost the game. Fucking pathetic. To make matters even worse he takes off our fastest player for a defensive midfielder, I'm not saying Obertan was amazing, but he wasn't the worst. The fans are arseholes too booing Ranger on, it wasn't many but enough to be audible. I hate fucking Everton too, complete scruffs who are beyond comparison in this country, and that really is not being harsh.

Agree with this. Up until their second I thought it was a game which even though they looked a better team in some ways, I still thought we could win.

It's the way we fell apart that's the most worrying thing. I understand it in terms of rock bottom confidence after recent games but it doesn't bode well.

It makes me think back to how low we were under Allardyce and how long it took KK to instill belief. This time around we are relying on new and returning players rather than a new regime.

As I said last night, about two minutes after he came on he lost the ball around the half way line then stood there with his hands on his hips like he was Ronaldo rather than try to get it back. He shouldn't even be near the bench but he got his chance due to us being down to the bare bones then did that.

That's fine but booing him on does absolutely fuck all positive.

I agree with Stevie like. While booing your own team is never great, I fully accept and understand it at the end of a shambolic display that's lacking in effort. Booing a player onto the pitch sends out the wrong signals not only to that player (who despite what shit attitude he's shown in the past, we actually needed to do something for us on pitch) but the rest of the team as well.

Mind you it was a ridiculous move to bring him on at that point anyway. But after starting with Cisse on the right again last night I shouldn't be surprised at awful decisions from Pardew.

GayFootball2.jpg

I have wondered if its anything to to with homophobia that he can get nowhere near the first team squad. He barely gets a game for the reserves, despite scoring 3 in 3 for them when he has played.

Jonas said in that interview he was closest to coloccini and xisco, so if it is any sort of discrimination it's not coming from all the players.

I have wondered if its anything to to with homophobia that he can get nowhere near the first team squad. He barely gets a game for the reserves, despite scoring 3 in 3 for them when he has played.

Jonas said in that interview he was closest to coloccini and xisco, so if it is any sort of discrimination it's not coming from all the players.

I can only think that there's some sort of contractual payment due if he plays another game? Though that isn't based on anything factual.

I can only think that there's some sort of contractual payment due if he plays another game? Though that isn't based on anything factual.

That wouldn't surprise me at all... If playing another game triggers another payment to Deportivo, it's possibly a bit silly to play him when we don't plan on keeping him.

That wouldn't surprise me at all... If playing another game triggers another payment to Deportivo, it's possibly a bit silly to play him when we don't plan on keeping him.

It's a wonder Dekka hasn't just had his legs broken so they can claim on his insurance

His contract will have been written off years ago, so his wages won't even appear in the accounts this year (that's the done thing nowadays at football clubs).

I imagine we probably took a huge hit to the accounts 2-3 years ago when we realised he was shit.

Championship Strikers

Leon Best

Marlon Harewood

Andy Carroll

Peter Lovenkrands

Shola

Now

Cisse

Shola

Ranger

4fs.

When we let Best and Lov go, we needed at least 1 in then. With Ba & Cisse we really needed one more decent forward. Now we need 2. Shola is near done. Fine for the last 10 here and there but IMO should never start.

Shola's performances last season were often very good but (and it's a massive fucking 'but') they involved him coming on for the last 20-30 mins to hold up the ball and kill off a game we were already winning. He's got the physical ability to do this and has a bit more know-how and experience than he ever used to have but fulfilling that role is a completely different kettle of fish to having to produce the goods when he starts or coming off the bench when we need a goal etc.

Edited by Alex

We all think we're experts, especially when you reach a certain age, but I've always been one of those mugs who was never wrong even from being a kid. My opinion is Shola should retire now, and also we should get Sammy away. He is the absolute epitome of a fancy dan. I grew up with a kid who was a Sunderland fan, he ended up playing for WBA and Oxford (he scored a screamer against the mackems ironically enough). Now honestly he could do as many things with the ball as Messi, he could go keepy ups sitting down, he was amazing. I doubt anyone could do more circus tricks with the ball than him. What stopped him from being top class was, put him on a football pitch, he could beat people, but he had no end product, and that's the exact same with Sammy we need to get him to fuck, I've seen loads like him and we're wasting time. If people had've realised the same with Shola in 2001 when it was obvious to some, we wouldn't be enduring our 14th year of Shola Ameobi as a Newcastle United footballer. See when we were down last night, he was the oldest player on the pitch, he should be one of the leaders, galvanising the young players saying howay we can do this. Him though hands on his waist stood alone, doing and saying fuck all. Sammy will grow up the same. Two lazy cunts.

I heard a bit of the phone in on radio Newcastle last night when I was on the way up to the match. This bloke phoned in and said he rated Shola quite a bit. If I'd been in charge of the thing I'd have hung up on him there and then. Clearly he was either on the wind up or one of the most clueless people in the country!

I think everyone over about 13 yr old had sussed Sammy out now too. The kids a headless chicken who will never make it.

Edited by David Kelly

David Pleat was saying on 5Live last night that he rated Shola as a player who'd improved over the years and one who could thrive with Ba's departure. I don't actually mind Pleat as far as curb-crawlers who can't pronounce foreign words go anyway, but I though "what the fuck on you on?" when I heard him say that.

I've always thought he was clueless personally, and with that quote you've just proved it to me! It's the same shite that was spouted when Shearer retired. The simple fact is that he lacks far too many of the fundamentals to be a top player and he always will.

You know, upon reflection I think if I had been in Pardew's shoes I would have recognized Perch's frailties at right back and given Tavernier a start in that position and put Perch where he plays best.

I would have played Cisse in front, not that lethargic Stroller.

I would have had Obertan off earlier and put Fergusan on. Don't think I would have started Obertan.

Sannton and Fergusan might work together better.

David Pleat was saying on 5Live last night that he rated Shola as a player who'd improved over the years and one who could thrive with Ba's departure. I don't actually mind Pleat as far as curb-crawlers who can't pronounce foreign words go anyway, but I though "what the fuck on you on?" when I heard him say that.

He also reckoned a lot of defenders "respected the pairing" of Cisse and Ba. What a load of rubbish, they hardly looked like they knew each other when they played up front together. Plank of the highest order.