Holocaust Memorial Day

Gene_Clark

I did a university work placement at the Discovery Museum a long time ago (the 90's kids, remember them?) and as part of that I did workshops with kids. The Jewish kids scared the shit out of me. They were super-intelligent and good at everything, both mentally and practically. Not cocky or overconfident about it either.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Jewish bloke and a Black bloke are standing at the Bus Stop.

The Black Bloke says "What times the Bus due?"

The Jewish Bloke looks at the timetable and says "In about 10 minutes".

The only thing about jews right. You can become a christian or a muslim when you were brought up in another faith, but jews are born jews and that's it, you can't say right foreskin off can I become a jew. That's my understanding of it.

Not true. My granddad, Scottish catholic, converted to marry my grandma.

Canny thread this like.

My history A-levels were around Nazi Germany, so this is bringing back lots of memories.

They never mentioned the holocaust like, and skipping through my text book there was about 2 pages right at the back dedicated to it.

Edited by Jonny2J

Canny thread this like.

My history A-levels were around Nazi Germany, so this is bringing back lots of memories.

They never mentioned the holocaust like, and skipping through my text book there was about 2 pages right at the back dedicated to it.

Memories of what, history A-Levels? The world record bandwagon jump just got absolutely shattered.

On a serious note though, how is it commemorated? I think it's something that has an entire movement dedicated to it year round (and rightly so) so I spose a day's commemoration becomes a slightly different kettle of fish to poppy day in a number of ways.

His point is a good one though. The poppy is becoming an excuse for far right dickheads to have a pop at immigrants in the UK. They don't get the irony that the Nazi's also had a hatred for all people not born and bred in Germany.

So the nazi's hated Hitler too? He wasn't born in Germany. Absolute bollocks anyway. Hitler respected Britain massively. He was shagging a lass from Bognor Regis even after the war started ffs, if you knew your history.

The poppy has become a symbol of the far right??!?!?!?! Fucking hell this is your worst post ever, and that's saying something after your Tottenham crack yesterday.

For obvious reasons you aren't really able to view this without an agenda.

I have a good grasp on both world wars, a large part of my degree was in history and I have a personal interest in the area.

I didn't say the poppy was a symbol for the far right either. Read it again.

The Nazi's were racist. They believed Jews, Blacks, Gays, Disableds, Russians etc. were sub species and set about removing them from existence.

Deaths-

Jews 5.9 million

Soviet POWs 2–3 million

Ethnic Poles 1.8–2 million

Romani 220,000–1,500,000

Disabled 200,000–250,000

Freemasons 80,000

Slovenes 20,000–25,000

Homosexuals 5,000–15,000

Jehovah's Witnesses 2,500–5,000

Twitter/Facebook were awash with mongs on memorial day taking a pop at pakis/ragheads/eastern europeans telling them to fuck off out of our country. Ignoring the fact that lots of minorities stood side by side with our troops during the war fighting the Nazi's for having the same narrow minded views that you spout every now and again Stevie

Fuck off.

The only thing you say really here apart from abuse of me unwarranted once again, is "Nazi's were racist." A large part of my degree was in history, and the only conclusion you draw was nazi's were racist. :lol: The stats and the list of various nationalities murdered by the nazi's because of their hatred are all correct, but you said the nazi's hated anyone that wasn't German, I said it was total bollocks which it is. The Germans respected the British their evil ways deduced we were as "pure" as they were, they obviously didn't hate the Italians and formed an axis with the Japanese. Were you aware of none of that.

Whereas you completely missed the point of my post (That bigots have claimed remembrance day as as an excuse to shout off racist bullshit) and focused entirely on the semantics of one sentence. You know what I meant Stevie, as did everyone else. Jews, Gays, Blacks, Russians, Disabled people. All wrong uns apparently. As for respecting Brits, they had a funny way of showing it, what with all the bombings and millions of us killed. As for coalitions with other countries. It was quite obviously a means to an end. How long do you think that would have lasted once the Aryan race was in full swing? Not many blonde haired, blue eyed Japs around.

The abuse of you is perfectly warranted with some of the shite you spout on here. All Mackems, Scousers, Jews, Asians, Russians etc. are indistinguishable from their own people apparently.

His point is a good one though. The poppy is becoming an excuse for far right dickheads to have a pop at immigrants in the UK. They don't get the irony that the Nazi's also had a hatred for all people not born and bred in Germany.

So the nazi's hated Hitler too? He wasn't born in Germany. Absolute bollocks anyway. Hitler respected Britain massively. He was shagging a lass from Bognor Regis even after the war started ffs, if you knew your history.

The poppy has become a symbol of the far right??!?!?!?! Fucking hell this is your worst post ever, and that's saying something after your Tottenham crack yesterday.

For obvious reasons you aren't really able to view this without an agenda.

I have a good grasp on both world wars, a large part of my degree was in history and I have a personal interest in the area.

I didn't say the poppy was a symbol for the far right either. Read it again.

The Nazi's were racist. They believed Jews, Blacks, Gays, Disableds, Russians etc. were sub species and set about removing them from existence.

Deaths-

Jews 5.9 million

Soviet POWs 2–3 million

Ethnic Poles 1.8–2 million

Romani 220,000–1,500,000

Disabled 200,000–250,000

Freemasons 80,000

Slovenes 20,000–25,000

Homosexuals 5,000–15,000

Jehovah's Witnesses 2,500–5,000

Twitter/Facebook were awash with mongs on memorial day taking a pop at pakis/ragheads/eastern europeans telling them to fuck off out of our country. Ignoring the fact that lots of minorities stood side by side with our troops during the war fighting the Nazi's for having the same narrow minded views that you spout every now and again Stevie

Fuck off.

The only thing you say really here apart from abuse of me unwarranted once again, is "Nazi's were racist." A large part of my degree was in history, and the only conclusion you draw was nazi's were racist. :lol: The stats and the list of various nationalities murdered by the nazi's because of their hatred are all correct, but you said the nazi's hated anyone that wasn't German, I said it was total bollocks which it is. The Germans respected the British their evil ways deduced we were as "pure" as they were, they obviously didn't hate the Italians and formed an axis with the Japanese. Were you aware of none of that.

Whereas you completely missed the point of my post (That bigots have claimed remembrance day as as an excuse to shout off racist bullshit) and focused entirely on the semantics of one sentence. You know what I meant Stevie, as did everyone else. Jews, Gays, Blacks, Russians, Disabled people. All wrong uns apparently. As for respecting Brits, they had a funny way of showing it, what with all the bombings and millions of us killed. As for coalitions with other countries. It was quite obviously a means to an end. How long do you think that would have lasted once the Aryan race was in full swing? Not many blonde haired, blue eyed Japs around.

The abuse of you is perfectly warranted with some of the shite you spout on here. All Mackems, Scousers, Jews, Asians, Russians etc. are indistinguishable from their own people apparently.

What is this cunt on about now? Can someone explain? He'll say you know what I mean, when clearly no one does?

The only thing about jews right. You can become a christian or a muslim when you were brought up in another faith, but jews are born jews and that's it, you can't say right foreskin off can I become a jew. That's my understanding of it.

My understanding is that "Jewishness" goes through the maternal line , so a Gentile man can marry a Jewish woman, and so long as he converts the kids are fully Jewish.

My aunt married my uncle who is Jewish , and it took a good few years of study, and an appeal to the Uk Chief Rabbi , for her to be accepted as a Jewish convert, all so that their kids could be classed as Jewish.

Funny thing is, she's now more Jewish than him, observing the holy days and food laws , while he still necks bacon butties and king prawns like there's no tommorow

World War I and World War II are the most fascinating points in history in my view and the lead up to both. Could talk about it all day. On the other hand, I know fuck all about American history, and I'm absolutely delighted the British education system dictates that nothing about America's history is taught in schools. America is like MK Dons in my view.

I learnt about the American Civil Rights movement in the last year of A Levels tbf. I was glad, one thing I fucking detest about our education system is (even now!) I can't go a single year without having to do Hitler or suffragettes... it gets so boring

Hitler respected the British because of our own holocausts, which are now subject to amnesia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Famine_%28Ireland%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bengal_famine_of_1943

http://www.churchill.com/?cmpid=/000/brand/ppc/google/churchill#http://t.mookie1.com/t/v1/event?migClientId=2034&migAction=rbsi_churchill-car-ins_search_brand&migSource=mig&migUnencodedDest=

Also he was fond of the Beatles and tea--and Oswald Mosley and the shapeshifting parasites that rule this country.

Thing is it's very easy just to see those figures as numbers on a page. If you actually try to comprehend how many people were killed, tortured, experimented on in the space of 5-6 years it's unfathomable. 10million+

Or put another way there's probably about 30'000 people in this picture.

330 times this many people were murdered

Nou-Camp-Desktop.jpg

Good post that.

I find your logic on these things strange Gene, you want to commemorate Holocaust Day (quite rightly) yet refuse to do the same thing for the very people who stopped the atrocity in the first place. Many of those commemorated with poppies will have died in Poland etc fighting their way towards the likes of Auschwitz.

I did a university work placement at the Discovery Museum a long time ago (the 90's kids, remember them?) and as part of that I did workshops with kids. The Jewish kids scared the shit out of me. They were super-intelligent and good at everything, both mentally and practically. Not cocky or overconfident about it either.

The Torah is pretty cool like. It's the only religious book that tells you to hold knowledge above religion.

My understanding is that "Jewishness" goes through the maternal line , so a Gentile man can marry a Jewish woman, and so long as he converts the kids are fully Jewish.

My aunt married my uncle who is Jewish , and it took a good few years of study, and an appeal to the Uk Chief Rabbi , for her to be accepted as a Jewish convert, all so that their kids could be classed as Jewish.

Funny thing is, she's now more Jewish than him, observing the holy days and food laws , while he still necks bacon butties and king prawns like there's no tommorow

You can only be a proper Jew if the mothers or grandmothers bloodline is unbroken ie one or the other is Jewish. A man can marry a Jewess and become Jewish but only the children will be seen as proper Jews. TheSS with their own bloodline hijinx saw the Jews as proper competition in the bloodline stakes (as well as all the black magic but that's another story).

Is it fair to say all this "Holocaust Memorial Day" is bullshit. The reason the poppy day is so successful is that it commemorates all wars since 1914, not just WW1/WW2. The Holocaust is the worst genocide ever, but since there seems to be remembrance of it all the time maybe the best option is to have like a "Genocide Remembrance Day". One day to remember all the genocides, from Armenia (unless you're Turkish... i've never met a Turkish person who believes it happens, they seem to blame Western Europe for them killing Armenians :lol:), Herero, Japanese in China, Rwanda, Holocaust to what's happened in Russia and China etc it'd be heaps more poignant. The Holocaust was despicable, but as someone said earlier there's an almost year-long remembrance of it, and having one day to remember all the Genocides ever would be a brilliant idea.