Holocaust Memorial Day

Gene_Clark

World War I and World War II are the most fascinating points in history in my view and the lead up to both. Could talk about it all day. On the other hand, I know fuck all about American history, and I'm absolutely delighted the British education system dictates that nothing about America's history is taught in schools. America is like MK Dons in my view.

What about Gangs of New York, The Godfather and all that shit though?

Canny shows, but hardly the Battle of Waterloo, the D Day Landings or the Crusades. The battle of Newburn in 1640 supercedes any historic event the yanks have had even. They had their row English v English one side won, they dropped the atom bomb, they got chinned in Vietnam, and that basically is their history. As I said if countries history was a football team they'd be MK Dons, Egypt and Greece would be Man Utd and Real Madrid and we'd be AC Milan. That is how pathetic yank history is in comparison.

Well it's short (in terms of 'western' history anyway) but I think it's dead interesting how you had this melting pot of all these different cultures and how they basically had to fight their own corner etc. It's not really comparable to the history we have but it's not like you have to pick and choose about what history is 'better'.

Aye true enough. One thing you can say about global history though is that the world would be a much better place if we'd have put up a proper fight to keep the 13 states proper British.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World War I and World War II are the most fascinating points in history in my view and the lead up to both. Could talk about it all day. On the other hand, I know fuck all about American history, and I'm absolutely delighted the British education system dictates that nothing about America's history is taught in schools. America is like MK Dons in my view.

Canny shows, but hardly the Battle of Waterloo, the D Day Landings or the Crusades. The battle of Newburn in 1640 supercedes any historic event the yanks have had even. They had their row English v English one side won, they dropped the atom bomb, they got chinned in Vietnam, and that basically is their history. As I said if countries history was a football team they'd be MK Dons, Egypt and Greece would be Man Utd and Real Madrid and we'd be AC Milan. That is how pathetic yank history is in comparison.

Well it's short (in terms of 'western' history anyway) but I think it's dead interesting how you had this melting pot of all these different cultures and how they basically had to fight their own corner etc. It's not really comparable to the history we have but it's not like you have to pick and choose about what history is 'better'.

Aye true enough. One thing you can say about global history though is that the world would be a much better place if we'd have put up a proper fight to keep the 13 states proper British.

Go on then, I'll bite. Why?

I'm fairly sure that we were taught a bit about the American Pioneers during History at school. Not that I remember much about it now.

I was taught an entire term full of American history post-WWII to The Berlin Wall falling. I thought it was canny interesting tbh; civil rights especially.

FWIW no film had an effect on me like Schindlers List did, I was like Gazza in Turin for half an hour after the first time I saw it. Hitler's hatred was borne out of jealousy, and that jealousy of jews exists today. Yes they're bullies, there's 13m of them worldwide, and they control an unbelievable amount of the power and wealth in the world, but so what at least they're intelligent enough to do it. Hitler was jealous of their wealth, and money and wealth remain the core reasons evil prospers even to this day. Having said all that they should fuck off out of Palestine and give the muslims more land though the cunts.

this is one of the hardest things to explain to people; being Anti Zionist (for example opposing Israeli occupation of Palestine) is not being Anti Semite (which is prejudice against Jews).

i think your post brings out the difference, in being Anti Zionist but not Anti Semitic.

I've met a fair few Jewish millionaires and one billionaire they were all Zionists to a man. None even considered Palestine as having any claim to statehood. The real difference is the normal Jews in Israel (who aren't propogandised or in the army) have relatively balanced views on Palestine and the role of Israel in international affairs. But the ruling intelligencia of that country are bordering on genocidal maniacs.

They are both a bit fictionalised though well the godfather is out and out fiction the gangs of new york fictionalised.

FWIW no film had an effect on me like Schindlers List did, I was like Gazza in Turin for half an hour after the first time I saw it. Hitler's hatred was borne out of jealousy, and that jealousy of jews exists today. Yes they're bullies, there's 13m of them worldwide, and they control an unbelievable amount of the power and wealth in the world, but so what at least they're intelligent enough to do it. Hitler was jealous of their wealth, and money and wealth remain the core reasons evil prospers even to this day. Having said all that they should fuck off out of Palestine and give the muslims more land though the cunts.

this is one of the hardest things to explain to people; being Anti Zionist (for example opposing Israeli occupation of Palestine) is not being Anti Semite (which is prejudice against Jews).

i think your post brings out the difference, in being Anti Zionist but not Anti Semitic.

I've met a fair few Jewish millionaires and one billionaire they were all Zionists to a man. None even considered Palestine as having any claim to statehood. The real difference is the normal Jews in Israel (who aren't propogandised or in the army) have relatively balanced views on Palestine and the role of Israel in international affairs. But the ruling intelligencia of that country are bordering on genocidal maniacs.

Rabin was a great man. There were real prospects for peace with him leading Israel. As long as the Likud are in power with the likes of Sharon and Netanyahu are in charge, there will never be real reconciliation.

The problem for Israel, is while most people that live there are liberal and pro-peace, there are a small minority of extremeists that weild far too much influence in the Knesset. Plus a generation that grew up living in fear amid suicide bombers is becoming more reactionary in the way it votes.

I think the Holocaust is something we should never forget.

How the fuck could we?

what, no bites?

While the Jews run Hollywood I'm sure there will a steady stream of Holocaust related films. You needn't worry about that. ;)

His point is a good one though. The poppy is becoming an excuse for far right dickheads to have a pop at immigrants in the UK. They don't get the irony that the Nazi's also had a hatred for all people not born and bred in Germany.

So the nazi's hated Hitler too? He wasn't born in Germany. Absolute bollocks anyway. Hitler respected Britain massively. He was shagging a lass from Bognor Regis even after the war started ffs, if you knew your history.

The poppy has become a symbol of the far right??!?!?!?! Fucking hell this is your worst post ever, and that's saying something after your Tottenham crack yesterday.

For obvious reasons you aren't really able to view this without an agenda.

I have a good grasp on both world wars, a large part of my degree was in history and I have a personal interest in the area.

I didn't say the poppy was a symbol for the far right either. Read it again.

The Nazi's were racist. They believed Jews, Blacks, Gays, Disableds, Russians etc. were sub species and set about removing them from existence.

Deaths-

Jews 5.9 million

Soviet POWs 2–3 million

Ethnic Poles 1.8–2 million

Romani 220,000–1,500,000

Disabled 200,000–250,000

Freemasons 80,000

Slovenes 20,000–25,000

Homosexuals 5,000–15,000

Jehovah's Witnesses 2,500–5,000

Twitter/Facebook were awash with mongs on memorial day taking a pop at pakis/ragheads/eastern europeans telling them to fuck off out of our country. Ignoring the fact that lots of minorities stood side by side with our troops during the war fighting the Nazi's for having the same narrow minded views that you spout every now and again Stevie

Edited by J69

His point is a good one though. The poppy is becoming an excuse for far right dickheads to have a pop at immigrants in the UK. They don't get the irony that the Nazi's also had a hatred for all people not born and bred in Germany.

So the nazi's hated Hitler too? He wasn't born in Germany. Absolute bollocks anyway. Hitler respected Britain massively. He was shagging a lass from Bognor Regis even after the war started ffs, if you knew your history.

The poppy has become a symbol of the far right??!?!?!?! Fucking hell this is your worst post ever, and that's saying something after your Tottenham crack yesterday.

I have a good grasp on both world wars, a large part of my degree was in history and I have a personal interest in the area.

The Nazi's were racist. They believed Jews, Blacks, Gays, Disableds, Russians etc. were sub species and set about removing them from existence.

Deaths-

Jews 5.9 million [225] Soviet POWs 2–3 million [226] Ethnic Poles 1.8–2 million [227][228] Romani 220,000–1,500,000 [229][230] Disabled 200,000–250,000 [231] Freemasons 80,000 [232] Slovenes 20,000–25,000 [233] Homosexuals 5,000–15,000 [234] Jehovah's

Witnesses 2,500–5,000 [235]

Twitter/Facebook were awash with mongs on memorial day taking a pop at pakis/ragheads/eastern europeans telling them to fuck off out of our country. Ignoring the fact that lots of minorities stood side by side with our troops during the war fighting the Nazi's for having the same narrow minded views that you spout every now and again Stevie

You'll get done for quoting a fig under 6million. :lol:

Thing is it's very easy just to see those figures as numbers on a page. If you actually try to comprehend how many people were killed, tortured, experimented on in the space of 5-6 years it's unfathomable. 10million+

Or put another way there's probably about 30'000 people in this picture.

330 times this many people were murdered

Nou-Camp-Desktop.jpg

I think that's a good point, I'm not anti semitic, jews are just normal people who never really bother anyone but get blamed for everything. Me mate says tesco's is crawling with jews at 2am for some reason though. There are too many groups around the world who blame jews for everything that is wrong, with little or no evidence to support it, and I'm not even referring to Israel here. It reminds me of scousers against Thatcher/London. People around the world should look in the mirror more when looking for scapegoats for their problems.

You feeling alright Stevie?

Deaths-

Jews 5.9 million

Soviet POWs 2–3 million

Ethnic Poles 1.8–2 million

Romani 220,000–1,500,000

Disabled 200,000–250,000

Freemasons 80,000

Slovenes 20,000–25,000

Homosexuals 5,000–15,000

Jehovah's Witnesses 2,500–5,000

Fuck off.

The only thing you say really here apart from abuse of me unwarranted once again, is "Nazi's were racist." A large part of my degree was in history, and the only conclusion you draw was nazi's were racist. :lol: The stats and the list of various nationalities murdered by the nazi's because of their hatred are all correct, but you said the nazi's hated anyone that wasn't German, I said it was total bollocks which it is. The Germans respected the British their evil ways deduced we were as "pure" as they were, they obviously didn't hate the Italians and formed an axis with the Japanese. Were you aware of none of that.

The Jews asked if they could have Saltwell Park in Gateshead for Jews only apparently. When they were told no, they asked if it could be for Jews only one day a week. Palestine is just the tip of the iceberg.

Those lasses who go to the college in Gateshead from all over the world, who all dress the same, some of them are strangely alluring like.

The only thing about jews right. You can become a christian or a muslim when you were brought up in another faith, but jews are born jews and that's it, you can't say right foreskin off can I become a jew. That's my understanding of it.

The Jews asked if they could have Saltwell Park in Gateshead for Jews only apparently. When they were told no, they asked if it could be for Jews only one day a week. Palestine is just the tip of the iceberg.

Those lasses who go to the college in Gateshead from all over the world, who all dress the same, some of them are strangely alluring like.

The adult women all shave their heads and wear wigs too, don't they? Not even good wigs either.

Think Shipcote baths have a Jew-only session on a morning, I think. But I imagine half of their customers are Jewish anyway.

The adult women all shave their heads and wear wigs too, don't they? Not even good wigs either.

Aye, the wigs are shit. That's Orthodox Jews I think, but so are the lasses I'm on about, I think. There's some funny traditions in religion like. All seems a bit daft to me. I know its about leading an ascetic life etc. but the rules seem ridiculously arbitrary (and relatively recent in lots of cases).