Holocaust Memorial Day

Gene_Clark

FWIW no film had an effect on me like Schindlers List did, I was like Gazza in Turin for half an hour after the first time I saw it. Hitler's hatred was borne out of jealousy, and that jealousy of jews exists today. Yes they're bullies, there's 13m of them worldwide, and they control an unbelievable amount of the power and wealth in the world, but so what at least they're intelligent enough to do it. Hitler was jealous of their wealth, and money and wealth remain the core reasons evil prospers even to this day. Having said all that they should fuck off out of Palestine and give the muslims more land though the cunts.

this is one of the hardest things to explain to people; being Anti Zionist (for example opposing Israeli occupation of Palestine) is not being Anti Semite (which is prejudice against Jews).

i think your post brings out the difference, in being Anti Zionist but not Anti Semitic.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW no film had an effect on me like Schindlers List did, I was like Gazza in Turin for half an hour after the first time I saw it. Hitler's hatred was borne out of jealousy, and that jealousy of jews exists today. Yes they're bullies, there's 13m of them worldwide, and they control an unbelievable amount of the power and wealth in the world, but so what at least they're intelligent enough to do it. Hitler was jealous of their wealth, and money and wealth remain the core reasons evil prospers even to this day. Having said all that they should fuck off out of Palestine and give the muslims more land though the cunts.

They were just easy targets at the time really. Generally speaking they were an entrepreneurial lot and Germany was in a terrible state. It was already fucked before the Great Depression due to war reparations from WWI. The Nazis were opportunists and took control at a time when the Communists could have just as easily seized power if things had happened slightly differently. That's not even the slightest justification for what took place, you understand.

They were just easy targets at the time really. Generally speaking they were an entrepreneurial lot and Germany was in a terrible state. It was already fucked before the Great Depression due to war reparations from WWI. The Nazis were opportunists and took control at a time when the Communists could have just as easily seized power if things had happened slightly differently. That's not even the slightest justification for what took place, you understand.

Jews were money lenders as the Church forbade usury (charging interest), which is where the money-grabbing stereotype comes from.

The Weimar Republic disintegrated as it was knacked from the outset (Versailles Treaty as you correctly observe).

In times of economic crisis, the far right exploits worries & unease, generally by providing simple lies rather than the complicated truth.

same tactics from EDL & BNP today

There's no justification for murdering one person for their ethnicity and beliefs let alone 6 million. The Poles were good during the war though, they probably got the shittest deal of the lot the Poles. However, it's estimated they saved 500,000 jews by fighting the nazi authorities and releasing jews back in to society. Going off at a tangent here but everyone else in the war got something, Poland was largely deserted by the west after we promised them they wouldn't fall under the Soviet sphere of influence.

Hitler targeted the Jews as the reason Germany was on it's arse, once he had the mindless masses on side it was a snowball effect from there, having said that and doubt I will get shot down inflames, he did restore the german economy and solve unemployment (I know offing people and building tanks and bombs is hardly a sound economic strategy) but the infrastructure changes worked

the holocaust should never be forgotten, it has to be one of the single darkest moments in world history, along with central eastern Africa in the late 90's

There's no justification for murdering one person for their ethnicity and beliefs let alone 6 million. The Poles were good during the war though, they probably got the shittest deal of the lot the Poles. However, it's estimated they saved 500,000 jews by fighting the nazi authorities and releasing jews back in to society. Going off at a tangent here but everyone else in the war got something, Poland was largely deserted by the west after we promised them they wouldn't fall under the Soviet sphere of influence.

historically Poland was always fucked over by rest of Europe; partition of Poland in 18th Century an absolute joke; Russia, Prussia & Hapsburgs just waltzed in 3 times in 30 years & helped themselves to large swathes of land.

Poland didn't exist between 1795 & 1918!!

Stalin was a nutter, there was no way the west could of stopped Poland falling under the influence, the red army would of rolled to la rochelle and there wouldn't of been any stopping them

historically Poland was always fucked over by rest of Europe; partition of Poland in 18th Century an absolute joke; Russia, Prussia & Hapsburgs just waltzed in 3 times in 30 years & helped themselves to large swathes of land.

Poland didn't exist between 1795 & 1918!!

I only knew this by reading about Euro 2012, but 70 years ago Lviv or Lvov was Polish and one of the true jewels in their crown. The war ends and someone says oh fuck that it's now in the Ukranian SSR. How does that work? If I was a Pole I'd be bitter to this day.

Stalin was a nutter, there was no way the west could of stopped Poland falling under the influence, the red army would of rolled to la rochelle and there wouldn't of been any stopping them

Aye but Stalin agreed to the request that Poland would stay liberal in talks with Churchill then went back on his word the cunt, and we just went oh fuck it.

Aye but Stalin agreed to the request that Poland would stay liberal in talks with Churchill then went back on his word the cunt, and we just went oh fuck it.

What could we have done though? The country was on its arse after WWII.

When I lived in Bratislava, it was pointed out to me that the city had been known as Poszony when under Hungarian rule, until 1918, Bratislava between 1919 & 1938, then Pressburg under German rule until 1945, then Bratislava again.

The country's official language had been Hungarian, Czech & German, but never Slovak until 1989!!

When I lived in Bratislava, it was pointed out to me that the city had been known as Poszony when under Hungarian rule, until 1918, Bratislava between 1919 & 1938, then Pressburg under German rule until 1945, then Bratislava again.

The country's official language had been Hungarian, Czech & German, but never Slovak until 1989!!

Bratislava is supposed to be mint. Not many people realise it's actually in the same connurbation as Vienna, but it is, it's not much further than Newcastle to Sunderland with population in between.

Prior to WWI Poland was landlocked and only got West Prussia after Germany lost the war.

Prior to WWI, Polland hadn't existed since 1795

I didn't know that I must admit. I know West Prussia was ceded to them post-WWI, Danzig becoming Gdansk etc. When I studied that period of World History we only started with the causes of WWI and went on from there.

World War I and World War II are the most fascinating points in history in my view and the lead up to both. Could talk about it all day. On the other hand, I know fuck all about American history, and I'm absolutely delighted the British education system dictates that nothing about America's history is taught in schools. America is like MK Dons in my view.

Fuck all we could of done and Stalin had little love for the west at that point

World War I and World War II are the most fascinating points in history in my view and the lead up to both. Could talk about it all day. On the other hand, I know fuck all about American history, and I'm absolutely delighted the British education system dictates that nothing about America's history is taught in schools. America is like MK Dons in my view.

What would be the point in teaching it? It would be done in a week

Bratislava is supposed to be mint. Not many people realise it's actually in the same connurbation as Vienna, but it is, it's not much further than Newcastle to Sunderland with population in between.

it is a great city; always flew newcastle - vienna to get there.

didn't often go to austria - very expensive compared to slovakia, even on ex pat wages

while i was there, my season ticket resided with the brother of monkeysfist, boringly enough

What about Gangs of New York, The Godfather and all that shit though?

Canny shows, but hardly the Battle of Waterloo, the D Day Landings or the Crusades. The battle of Newburn in 1640 supercedes any historic event the yanks have had even. They had their row English v English one side won, they dropped the atom bomb, they got chinned in Vietnam, and that basically is their history. As I said if countries history was a football team they'd be MK Dons, Egypt and Greece would be Man Utd and Real Madrid and we'd be AC Milan. That is how pathetic yank history is in comparison.

lest we forget

the holocaust is without doubt the darkest and most extreme example of genocide in history. shocking that we've seen similar cases of ethnic cleansing elsewhere across the globe in recent years.

this is one of the hardest things to explain to people; being Anti Zionist (for example opposing Israeli occupation of Palestine) is not being Anti Semite (which is prejudice against Jews).

i think your post brings out the difference, in being Anti Zionist but not Anti Semitic.

I think that's a good point, I'm not anti semitic, jews are just normal people who never really bother anyone but get blamed for everything. Me mate says tesco's is crawling with jews at 2am for some reason though. There are too many groups around the world who blame jews for everything that is wrong, with little or no evidence to support it, and I'm not even referring to Israel here. It reminds me of scousers against Thatcher/London. People around the world should look in the mirror more when looking for scapegoats for their problems.

Canny shows, but hardly the Battle of Waterloo, the D Day Landings or the Crusades. The battle of Newburn in 1640 supercedes any historic event the yanks have had even. They had their row English v English one side won, they dropped the atom bomb, they got chinned in Vietnam, and that basically is their history. As I said if countries history was a football team they'd be MK Dons, Egypt and Greece would be Man Utd and Real Madrid and we'd be AC Milan. That is how pathetic yank history is in comparison.

Well it's short (in terms of 'western' history anyway) but I think it's dead interesting how you had this melting pot of all these different cultures and how they basically had to fight their own corner etc. It's not really comparable to the history we have but it's not like you have to pick and choose about what history is 'better'.