***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

The point regarding the wages being a part of his thinking in any deal is a valid one, and only valid because this is how Mike Ashley thinks. Literally ANY other chairman, signs someone and their wage is calculated over a say a 5 year period. It's always worked that way so say we sign Cissokho on 50k a week, his wage will be £2.5m a year calculated in say 2016's wage budget of say £55m. It's a natural outgoing of a club per season. Ashley doesn't think that way, and the £35m for Carroll will be swallowed up by 5 year contracts. It's an absolute fucking joke, and there's no other way to look at it.

What he did would make sense if the £35m was taken to be extraordinary income and used in addition to our planned expenditure. However, it hasn't. And given that we're supposed to be near breaking even and looking like we may earn more money than planned through our league position then, 'where has the money gone?' is a valid question.

It's so fucking frustrating because he calculates the wage over the term of the contract as being the outgoing NOW. It's so fucking stupid because you're calculating the cost of a five year contract, who's to say any given player isn't to leave in 2 years time.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 9 people who voted Ashley was a canny bloke should own up.

Yeh pity the poll can't be made public. Pretty sure we could guess a few of them. CT, CT again with a different account and probably Leazes. So that's three.

I don't see what's wrong with continuing to despise the regime and accept that there's no real prospect of long term success while taking simple pleasure in how the team is doing.

I honestly think Leazes thinks that relishing the current position equates to being an Ashley fan.

"anyone but Fred would do better than this". Still waiting, while people suck up to Ashley and insist he has and is doing better. So show me the league positions ?

Who, anywhere has said this about Ashley? Maybe the apologists that didn't exist in the thread you started. Prove it or shut up, simple

ah, you're a newcomer. That explains everything.

Answer the point and provide evidence, if you want to constantly say people are saying Ashley is doing better then provide examples or admit its not true and stop saying it

you weren't here 4-6 years ago, clown. You probably didn't even support the club 10-15 years ago, or even heard of it.

I agree with you, especially the last bit, there are too many people sucking his cock, and its because they are deluded and know nowt, basically.

:lol:

You are the only one saying that people are so no suprises that you agree with yourself. Not surprised you forget what you have said. You sure as hell can't remember what anyone else has said so why should you remember what you have said yourself. Or was it the others again Leazes? Answer the question. Typical. Pipe down. Answer the question. Pocketing the cash etc.

where is the Carroll money ?

You're an out of towner, that knows fuck all. Say something, or say nothing.

I know that good strikers are worth more than £3 or £4 million.

apparently Mike Ashley thinks that's all they cost.

BA cost nothing, does a price tag or performances make a player?

Yeh pity the poll can't be made public. Pretty sure we could guess a few of them. CT, CT again with a different account and probably Leazes. So that's three.

alreet Dekka.

The point regarding the wages being a part of his thinking in any deal is a valid one, and only valid because this is how Mike Ashley thinks. Literally ANY other chairman, signs someone and their wage is calculated over a say a 5 year period. It's always worked that way so say we sign Cissokho on 50k a week, his wage will be £2.5m a year calculated in say 2016's wage budget of say £55m. It's a natural outgoing of a club per season. Ashley doesn't think that way, and the £35m for Carroll will be swallowed up by 5 year contracts. It's an absolute fucking joke, and there's no other way to look at it.

What he did would make sense if the £35m was taken to be extraordinary income and used in addition to our planned expenditure. However, it hasn't. And given that we're supposed to be near breaking even and looking like we may earn more money than planned through our league position then, 'where has the money gone?' is a valid question.

It's so fucking frustrating because he calculates the wage over the term of the contract as being the outgoing NOW. It's so fucking stupid because you're calculating the cost of a five year contract, who's to say any given player isn't to leave in 2 years time.

Are you sure that is the approach being taken? I thought that the transfer fee, plus agent fees, plus the first year of the wages were being considered not the entire contract that would be beyond taking the piss.

I agree with you, especially the last bit, there are too many people sucking his cock, and its because they are deluded and know nowt, basically.

You are the only one saying that people are so no suprises that you agree with yourself. Not surprised you forget what you have said. You sure as hell can't remember what anyone else has said so why should you remember what you have said yourself. Or was it the others again Leazes? Answer the question. Typical. Pipe down. Answer the question. Pocketing the cash etc.

No but thats what he thinks it would cost to buy Carroll back from Liverpool. Keep up. ;)

so where is the money from the sale of Carroll ? Listen chum, a couple of other people have asked you this today/yesterday, and myself. YOU said we are 2 players away from being a "very good side", so do you think that your man is going to keep this side together and sign those 2 players [with the Carroll cash] or sell someone else valuable again ?

Take your time, with this fairly obvious and straightforward scenario. I realise it may task your tiny brain.

Are you sure that is the approach being taken? I thought that the transfer fee, plus agent fees, plus the first year of the wages were being considered not the entire contract that would be beyond taking the piss.

100% that's the approach being taken, even alluded to by Pardew and Llambias.

alreet Dekka.

no worries Raymond.

I don't see what's wrong with continuing to despise the regime and accept that there's no real prospect of long term success while taking simple pleasure in how the team is doing.

I honestly think Leazes thinks that relishing the current position equates to being an Ashley fan.

"anyone but Fred would do better than this". Still waiting, while people suck up to Ashley and insist he has and is doing better. So show me the league positions ?

Who, anywhere has said this about Ashley? Maybe the apologists that didn't exist in the thread you started. Prove it or shut up, simple

ah, you're a newcomer. That explains everything.

Answer the point and provide evidence, if you want to constantly say people are saying Ashley is doing better then provide examples or admit its not true and stop saying it

you weren't here 4-6 years ago, clown. You probably didn't even support the club 10-15 years ago, or even heard of it.

You said Ashley would achieve champions league, where and who are pro Ashley, name names? There are a few saying credit where its due at the moment but that's mainly down to Pardew and his team plus the scouting system. You have to be big enough to give credit as well as being critical.

You are so obsessed with me, and avoiding admitting you have called it all wrong while you moan on for something you equally moaned about when you had it, you don't notice.

:lol: It's no wonder he doesn't notice while he's busy doing all that obsessing about you, whilst simultaneously avoiding admitting he was wrong and moaning, and all the time still being tired from the moaning he did when he previously had the thing that he's now moaning that he doesn't have. That's enough to keep anyone from noticing that half the board is sucking Ashley's cock.

Yeh I heard Pardew going on about it around the time of the training ground upgrade. I interpreted it differently. I struggle to believe it could even be true. But if it is then that is utter shit.

You are so obsessed with me, and avoiding admitting you have called it all wrong while you moan on for something you equally moaned about when you had it, you don't notice.

:lol: It's no wonder he doesn't notice while he's busy doing all that obsessing about you, whilst simultaneously avoiding admitting he was wrong and moaning, and all the time still being tired from the moaning he did when he previously had the thing that he's now moaning that he doesn't have. That's enough to keep anyone from noticing that half the board is sucking Ashley's cock.

Yeh I heard Pardew going on about it around the time of the training ground upgrade. I interpreted it differently. I struggle to believe it could even be true. But if it is then that is utter shit.

It is unequivocally true. Wage over the length of contract plus agent fees is what they consider to be utilising surplus cash brought in from transfer outgoings.

Fuck sake man :lol:

You know what fucks me off about this constant loop of a debate? Or what could be a debate if we actually read what people put and replied to that and not just spouted the same old.. Its that there's no middle ground. You either suck Ashleys cock or you hate everything he does. The fact is, realism is in the middle.

Were we a selling club when we let Les go? Asprilla? Hamann? No. To this I dont think the Barton situation or Nolan makes us one either. What about Carroll? I think someone said it before. If a fucking stupid offer comes in for a player then we will take it, most clubs would. Its not about lack of desire, its about realism. Same as if a player wants 100k per week. We aint going to pay it. Who the fuck knows what our ceiling is? Do people still think its true cos its in the papers? :lol: Fact is, we have 20 odd blokes at the club now who dont have an issue.

Ok, so does this comment make me a Ashely cock sucker?

Now I think he is a gambler, we gambled on Tiote, Ba, Obertan, Colo, Ben Arfa, Perch, williamson etc to name a few. Every one of them a Gamble. Maybe not colo as we padi a fair bit for him but theres still no guarantee is there? But gambles they are. So far yes I think we have been lucky. I also think the squad is way too small and that is a gamble that will backfire at some point. We need quality in depth and he is too tight to see that, he'd rather take a chance. Plus losing Carroll and not replacing him was fucking idiotic, he was lucky that the Ba deal turned out as it did. I firmly believe Ba was to be a back up striker with another one to replace AC. Luck again.

Im not even going to start about what has gone on off the field. The stadium, the SD logo, the cost cutting and the sheer contempt of the fans. The bloke is a cunt but I think more so is the puppet (DL) he has running the show.

So what does that make me?

In the middle. I can see the good and I can see the bad. Stop living in the fucking past and complaining about things have havent even fucking happened yet. We're joint 5th by luck or judgement, the owner is a prick and the chairman an even bigger one. Deal with it and cheer the fuck up.

I don't know which exact matrix he uses, but he certainly uses one which essentially amounts to 'if player wages equals more than the club brings in, that's food out of my (fat) mouth at the end of the day'. In that sense turnover is absolutely meaningless to him, it's the approach of someone who owns the clubs liabilities 100% and can't look to anyone else to finance it. In that sense he's worlds apart from 'other chairmen' as Stevie says, and also from our previous chairman. Theres loads of reasons for that though. It doesnt give him a hard on like it does City or Chelsea's owners at the end of the day, that's the only thing that matters. That's whats required if you're prepared to risk and probably not recoup £100's of millions of your own personal wealth as they have done.

so where is the money from the sale of Carroll ? Listen chum, a couple of other people have asked you this today/yesterday, and myself. YOU said we are 2 players away from being a "very good side", so do you think that your man is going to keep this side together and sign those 2 players [with the Carroll cash] or sell someone else valuable again ?

Take your time, with this fairly obvious and straightforward scenario. I realise it may task your tiny brain.

My man, lol, back there again are we

I've said over and over if a player wants to go and we get a massive offer they will sell. Will we get an offer big enough? Dunno, I'm not a psychic.

If we add a couple this window with no major outgoings that,imo,will be a good window. Even better if we tie up Collo

Do you understand, or are you going to keep asking me the same thing??

You know what fucks me off about this constant loop of a debate? Or what could be a debate if we actually read what people put and replied to that and not just spouted the same old.. Its that there's no middle ground. You either suck Ashleys cock or you hate everything he does. The fact is, realism is in the middle.

Were we a selling club when we let Les go? Asprilla? Hamann? No. To this I dont think the Barton situation or Nolan makes us one either. What about Carroll? I think someone said it before. If a fucking stupid offer comes in for a player then we will take it, most clubs would. Its not about lack of desire, its about realism. Same as if a player wants 100k per week. We aint going to pay it. Who the fuck knows what our ceiling is? Do people still think its true cos its in the papers? :lol: Fact is, we have 20 odd blokes at the club now who dont have an issue.

Now I think he is a gambler, we gambled on Tiote, Ba, Obertan, Colo, Ben Arfa, Perch, williamson etc to name a few. Every one of them a Gamble. Maybe not colo as we padi a fair bit for him but theres still no guarantee is there? But gambles they are. So far yes I think we have been lucky. I also think the squad is way too small and that is a gamble that will backfire at some point. We need quality in depth and he is too tight to see that, he'd rather take a chance. Plus losing Carroll and not replacing him was fucking idiotic, he was lucky that the Ba deal turned out as it did. I firmly believe Ba was to be a back up striker with another one to replace AC. Luck again.

Im not even going to start about what has gone on off the field. The stadium, the SD logo, the cost cutting and the sheer contempt of the fans. The bloke is a cunt but I think more so is the puppet (DL) he has running the show.

In the middle. I can see the good and I can see the bad. Stop living in the fucking past and complaining about things have havent even fucking happened yet. We're joint 5th by luck or judgement, the owner is a prick and the chairman an even bigger one. Deal with it and cheer the fuck up.

To be fair the PLC wanted Les to go to balance the annual books, and £6m for a 30 year old then was good business, plus that £6m and more was reinvested within 6 months. Tino lets be quite honest was shite in the league usually, and we got £6m for him when he was past his best as proved by his shite form at Parma, and Hamann wanted to be away and was a cunt off the pitch, different to being a selling club like say Everton have been for years, or we are now.

You're completely missing the point.

The whole, entire point is NOT selling Andy Carroll [or other clubs selling players], its that the money has disappeared, and the manager is not being allowed to re-spend this money and try to build on his best core of players . This is what selling clubs do, not progressive big clubs.

Howay JawD, you're not one of the thick cunts, surely YOU understand this ?