***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Yeh. Its been great. We've had that little dry spell against Norwich, WBA etc. but we've come out the other side of that since the Blackburn game and I think we can expect to get a result against anyone apart from possibly City depending on the form they may be in by the time they come to St. James'.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6th in the league, looking reasonable for a Europa spot

despite our bad run Stoke never caught us and we're still in that group of 3 chasing 5th with Liverpool and Arsenal

been a fun season so far

been a fucking awesome season tbf. loving it, partly because it was so unexpected.

Beware the unexpected. 15 days to go. ;)

The only real mongs on this board are those of us who get dragged into Leazes's bitter bile.

Locked away in his brain is a memory of a golden spell of a few seasons when we played great football and nearly won something. I loved that time as much as the next fan but I am balanced enough to know they are nowt in comparison to the cup winning seasons of the 50's.

Of course the style of football was a joy to watch, but one of the main reasons they were so good was because we had been so shit for so long.

Unlike Manchester and Arsenal, the management at the time failed to build a lasting legacy and apart from the "upward blip" of the Robson era, it has been pretty mediocre since those heady few seasons.

I feel sorry for Leazes. I used to think a lot of it was just wummery, but unfortunately I think the Internet battles he has fought over the last 5 years has distorted his sense of reality. Shame.

There is no god given right to success regardless of what your turnover is or how well your history stats stack up. In fact part of what makes football exciting is the very fact that one season you can be challenging for Europe and a few seasons down the line you can be fighting your second relegation.

Football is all about peaks and troughs and by god have we spent enough time in the trough since Robson was sacked.

Make no mistake, this is a beautiful fucking peak and if you cant enjoy it, take up carpet bowls.

We all know Ashley could sell Tiote and Krul tomorrow and there is nothing we can do about it. Again, one of the reasons that makes following Newcastle United a bit more special than your run of the mill club.

The financials are great, the football (at times) is great, the squad gives a shit, the manager is very passionate and we are still only a few points of a champions league spot heading towards the end of January.

Just enjoy it.

The only real mongs on this board are those of us who get dragged into Leazes's bitter bile.

Locked away in his brain is a memory of a golden spell of a few seasons when we played great football and nearly won something. I loved that time as much as the next fan but I am balanced enough to know they are nowt in comparison to the cup winning seasons of the 50's.

Of course the style of football was a joy to watch, but one of the main reasons they were so good was because we had been so shit for so long.

Unlike Manchester and Arsenal, the management at the time failed to build a lasting legacy and apart from the "upward blip" of the Robson era, it has been pretty mediocre since those heady few seasons.

I feel sorry for Leazes. I used to think a lot of it was just wummery, but unfortunately I think the Internet battles he has fought over the last 5 years has distorted his sense of reality. Shame.

There is no god given right to success regardless of what your turnover is or how well your history stats stack up. In fact part of what makes football exciting is the very fact that one season you can be challenging for Europe and a few seasons down the line you can be fighting your second relegation.

Football is all about peaks and troughs and by god have we spent enough time in the trough since Robson was sacked.

Make no mistake, this is a beautiful fucking peak and if you cant enjoy it, take up carpet bowls.

We all know Ashley could sell Tiote and Krul tomorrow and there is nothing we can do about it. Again, one of the reasons that makes following Newcastle United a bit more special than your run of the mill club.

The financials are great, the football (at times) is great, the squad gives a shit, the manager is very passionate and we are still only a few points of a champions league spot heading towards the end of January.

Just enjoy it.

Top post CT.

He's a fucking cockend, he knows his argument has severe flaws, sitting 6th in the league and having better players in BA,Cabaye and Tiote than Carroll,Barton and Nolan.

Noboby is saying Ashley is a good owner, nobody is predicting champions league but what we do have is a good side that's been built on a budget and people like Leazes would rather moan like fuck than admit we have a decent team that has been assembled by good scouting and prudent transfer dealings.

see the bigger picture. See top players sold and the cash pocketed, and signings like Lovenkrands, Perch, Routledge, Obertan, Simpson......if you are happy with a "decent" team, that says everything about you and your awareness of NUFC, sadly.

Give me one good reason why Carroll, Barton and Nolan should not still be at the club in addition to the signings of Ba and Cabaye ?

Because Liverpool paid £35mil for Carroll, still makes me chuckle.

Nolan and Barton wanted to hold the club to ransom for long,big money deals, which was never going to happen plus they could well have had a negative impact on the current bunch as they didn't get what they wanted

A brief interlude of decent discussion. Very true that we should enjoy what we have and live in hope. What else is there to do? Other than be a miserable prick 24/7.

what else is there to do ? You could try putting your cash into the club and demanding a return on the pitch, or becoming more aware of the size of club NUFC ought to be ?

Or, as Stevie said, either say something worthwhile or pipe down.

The first post in this thread talks about the clubs "bright future". It's actually on topic to say that this is not correct, the long term future is not so bright as the poster thinks it is, and I've explained the reasons why.

Unfortunately, "good discussion" doesn't begin and end with what you personally agree with......[even though you are wrong and time will prove it]

We're in 6th place above Liverpool and level on points with Arsenal you fucking utter mong. You truly are a basket case.

As for your Stevie references. Its getting a bit tired. He was just grumpy cause I was having a bit of light hearted fun at his expense. I think he'd be embarrassed for you that you seem to want to bring in it up at every opportunity.

Seriously though, its a trend for you. You seem to latch on to things people say with a rainman like autistic determination to repeat yourself. I notice it even with criticisms leveled at you. For example if someone accuses you of not comprehending what has been said. You'll crap on about 'comprehension issues' for days. Or if someone accuses you of derailing threads you'll Rainman on about threads being derailed for days. You are sick. Your mind is broken. Seek help now. Thank me later.

typical stupid reaction.You say the same things, you constantly bleat on about how the club is on the right lines, or doing things correctly, on the back of a few wins and a half decent run of games.

I've tried to explain the bigger picture and the setup of the club, but you persist in thinking you know best despite living fuck knows where and not supporting the club. You're utterly mad, you know nowt. See the light now, then seek help if you still ignore the blatantly obvious when told it by people who have supported the football club for a lot longer than you have done.

I don't expect you to thank me later, when the truth becomes even more obvious, I'm used to people disagreeing with me that know nothing, they have been doing if for years, and I'm still waiting for someone to emulate those Champions League places, European qualifications and league positions. After 4 years, plenty of time for this "plan" to take effect now, and those league positions will NEVER be managed while you sell your best players and pocket the cash.

Just enjoy it.

you enjoying it in the pub then ? :icon_lol:

Not to mention the fact that there is a limit on the squad size and I, for one, would rather fill the squad with keen hungry youngsters than bitter, problematic overpaid scousers.

typical, generalisation that ignores the facts...what joke. Cherry picking one player is as much a nonsense as getting carried away by winning a few games. Get a life and sort yourself out. Accepting mediocrity is the name of your game.

The club does not have a bright future as portrayed by the opening poster of this thread. If you or anyone thinks I'm going to say differently when I don't believe it can think again.

You are wrong, just like people have been wrong for ages now.

I'd like to fill the squad with quality footballers who get into the top spots, raise the profile of the club again and attempt to challenge the other top teams, especially those who we should not be selling our best players to, and will not be done by a "sell, replace and pocket the cash" policy, and I fail to see what the label "problematic, overpaid scousers" has to do with anything whatsoever. What a foolish statement to make.

Edited by LeazesMag

"I've been saying it for 4 years. And I'll still be boring the tits off everyone with it in 4 years time. I was right. You and others were wrong. And even if it wasn't specifically you (why do you think I mention others), and you weren't specifically wrong, do you think I'm going to let that get in the way of my triumphalism over the fact that I got something right? And yeah maybe I wasn't completely right, maybe things have taken a turn for the better recently. But do you think that's going to make me shut up? Fucking think again. I'm here to shout even louder about how right I am, and about how you and others are wrong. And I don't care that it's boring you. And I don't care that I could probably find better things to do with my time. I think I'm right about this, and I'm fucked if I'm not going to turn up every day to tell you how right I was and point out that you (and if not you then CERTAINLY others) were wrong. Tell the others if you see them. I want everyone to know about this."

:lol:

Fucking quality!

"I've been saying it for 4 years. And I'll still be boring the tits off everyone with it in 4 years time. I was right. You and others were wrong. And even if it wasn't specifically you (why do you think I mention others), and you weren't specifically wrong, do you think I'm going to let that get in the way of my triumphalism over the fact that I got something right? And yeah maybe I wasn't completely right, maybe things have taken a turn for the better recently. But do you think that's going to make me shut up? Fucking think again. I'm here to shout even louder about how right I am, and about how you and others are wrong. And I don't care that it's boring you. And I don't care that I could probably find better things to do with my time. I think I'm right about this, and I'm fucked if I'm not going to turn up every day to tell you how right I was and point out that you (and if not you then CERTAINLY others) were wrong. Tell the others if you see them. I want everyone to know about this."

Fucking quality!

did you say something :icon_lol:

See you tomorrow. Same time, same place, same posts.

you mean the same repetitive deluded posts that have been made for over 4 years now ?

Did we just have a breakthrough?

only if you think failing to qualify for europe through league positions, never mind the Champions League, and selling your best players and pocketing the cash, has been the aim ?

Edited by LeazesMag

See you tomorrow. Same time, same place, same posts.

you mean the same repetitive deluded posts that have been made for over 4 years now ?

Did we just have a breakthrough?

Fuck off, you Ashley apologist.

Edited by Flair

Couldn't have been Leazes he would only have been miserable after the game.

We should have a poll really. Which Leazes did you prefer?

i) The one who predicted Champions League finishes upon the appointment of Kevin Keegan; or

ii) The one who predicted we were going to be run as a corner shop, would sell all our best players while Ashley pocketed the cash and that this was always obvious to him from day one.

I think both had their senile charms, but there can be only one winner, so get voting.

Exactly.

Couldn't have been Leazes he would only have been miserable after the game.

We should have a poll really. Which Leazes did you prefer?

i) The one who predicted Champions League finishes upon the appointment of Kevin Keegan; or

ii) The one who predicted we were going to be run as a corner shop, would sell all our best players while Ashley pocketed the cash and that this was always obvious to him from day one.

I think both had their senile charms, but there can be only one winner, so get voting.

Exactly.

lost the plot.

Are you still attempting to say something worthwhile ?

He's a fucking cockend, he knows his argument has severe flaws, sitting 6th in the league and having better players in BA,Cabaye and Tiote than Carroll,Barton and Nolan.

Noboby is saying Ashley is a good owner, nobody is predicting champions league but what we do have is a good side that's been built on a budget and people like Leazes would rather moan like fuck than admit we have a decent team that has been assembled by good scouting and prudent transfer dealings.

see the bigger picture. See top players sold and the cash pocketed, and signings like Lovenkrands, Perch, Routledge, Obertan, Simpson......if you are happy with a "decent" team, that says everything about you and your awareness of NUFC, sadly.

Give me one good reason why Carroll, Barton and Nolan should not still be at the club in addition to the signings of Ba and Cabaye ?

Because Liverpool paid £35mil for Carroll, still makes me chuckle.

Nolan and Barton wanted to hold the club to ransom for long,big money deals, which was never going to happen plus they could well have had a negative impact on the current bunch as they didn't get what they wanted

Were they good enough reasons?

Now, show me the evidence that Ashley has pocketed the cash and not used it to pay club expenditure