***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

Sorry Leazes, but I've been watching this forum for a while now and have to say this:

I'd originally assumed you were a WUM, but ad time had gone by, I've come to the conclusion that you are serious. You haven't posted a single word that isn't utter bollocks and you are, by some distance the worst poster on Toontastic.

Furthermore, you come across a total and utter twat.

End of public service announcement.

join the ranks of the gullible, brainwashed and accepting the lower standards imposed by Mike Ashley.

Do you know where Newcastle Online is ?

It's got nothing to do with Ashley, this is about talking shite.

unfortunately, I've been accused of "talking shite" for over 4 years and everything I have said is all happening. Is your head in the clouds too, are you also being fooled by a few results courtesy of a good manager papering over the cracks, unable to see the bigger long term picture, the path you need to take if you want to be truly successful, and think NUFC are a small club that actually really should be acting like a 2nd rate small club, selling its best players and pocketing the cash instead of backing its managers ?

Tell me what you specifically disagree with, and I'll give you the facts.

Who appointed said good manager? Are you giving credit where it is due here?Also, why didn't you answer my question a couple of pages back?

I think you should be telling numerous people to answer mine.

I'm inundated with such requests, I can't answer all of them.

Maximum tedium mate. Sort it out.

sort what out ? What I say is correct, and time will prove it if 4 years isn't enough for you, whether it suits your "opinion" or not, if not then it's your poor judgement and inability to be told anything.

Maximizing its income?? If I go and max out my credit cards, get a few bank loans and remortage my house is that maximizing my income or is it reckless spending?

That's what happend under Halls/Fred towards the end, although you will never admit the finances were in a very poor state.

Ashley is running the club within its means, not as exciting but that's how it is

you truly are a hopeless case.

You saying the finances were sound when Ashley bought the club?

I'm still waiting for you to show me where I said we would finish 4th

as the wannabee accountant ie Toonpack particularly, doesn't answer the question, maybe you can tell us when exactly when a club that has the 14th biggest revenues in football needs to stop selling its best players and pocketing the cash, presumably to increase its spending power [i say presumably because we have not seen it], or else where is that money, and how much more revenue does it need exactly to not sell its best players and back their managers [to phrase it more simply for you ?]

Edited by LeazesMag

I know nothing of finance this is just a naive curious question, but surely almost every club bar the relegated would be rising slowly during that time due to inflation and the increasing amounts of money throughout the game as a whole e.g bigger tv deals? So would be better to compare it to the average growth for a premier league team? Or is that nonsense?

edit : to show how well our share price was rising

Makes sense. That's why buyers were all over PL clubs. My point still stands. Among all those clubs changing hands, we remain one of the most expensive. Doesn't tally with the financial mess being portrayed in hindsight.

The financial "mess" is not hindsight, it's a nailed on fact and is evidenced in the accounts, liabilites exceeding assets, revenues spent in advance etc etc To contend there was nowt wrong is ridiculous.

The sale price is driven by what someone is prepared to pay, no-one who did do due dilligence, in the previous year, was prepared to pay anything. People get stung on buying stuff all the time, if they don't do their research. More fool them, and more fool Ashley in particular, but thank fuck he had deep pockets.

you really just don't understand football do you ?

Ashley is a businessman and he bought NUFC to make money. Its utter bollocks to say that he spent that much money without looking at the clubs finances; remember its the Fat Liar himself that later stated he had not done the due dilligence, quite frankly who believes his shite? Mugs thats who. JSM wise up and stop spouting Ashley drivel.

He is running NUFC as he runs his other businesses, maximizing the profits. Buy cheap players, hope they keep us in the PL and sell whomsoever commands a high return. The longer we stay in the PL the more money he gets before he sells us to the highest bidder

Yes we are doing very well at the moment, well done to Carr and Pardew for that, but, Fatboy will sell Cabaye/Tiote/Krul/Colloccini/Ba if he gets a good enough offer. I doubt very much if we can keep finding such good players at bargain prices. Ashley does not give a toss if we are 3rd 7th or 17th as long as we stay in the PL so he can keep getting free advertising for all the SD shit on display at SJP.

I must have missed Ashleys journey to Sainthood

such realism, and hometruths, is lost on certain people, sadly.

Unfortunately, this is what I've been saying for years and more new members, currently BestBanone, come along and say its nonsense.

What planet to these people live on ?

Edited by LeazesMag

"I've been saying it for 4 years. And I'll still be boring the tits off everyone with it in 4 years time. I was right. You and others were wrong. And even if it wasn't specifically you (why do you think I mention others), and you weren't specifically wrong, do you think I'm going to let that get in the way of my triumphalism over the fact that I got something right? And yeah maybe I wasn't completely right, maybe things have taken a turn for the better recently. But do you think that's going to make me shut up? Fucking think again. I'm here to shout even louder about how right I am, and about how you and others are wrong. And I don't care that it's boring you. And I don't care that I could probably find better things to do with my time. I think I'm right about this, and I'm fucked if I'm not going to turn up every day to tell you how right I was and point out that you (and if not you then CERTAINLY others) were wrong. Tell the others if you see them. I want everyone to know about this."

"I've been saying it for 4 years. And I'll still be boring the tits off everyone with it in 4 years time. I was right. You and others were wrong. And even if it wasn't specifically you (why do you think I mention others), and you weren't specifically wrong, do you think I'm going to let that get in the way of my triumphalism over the fact that I got something right? And yeah maybe I wasn't completely right, maybe things have taken a turn for the better recently. But do you think that's going to make me shut up? Fucking think again. I'm here to shout even louder about how right I am, and about how you and others are wrong. And I don't care that it's boring you. And I don't care that I could probably find better things to do with my time. I think I'm right about this, and I'm fucked if I'm not going to turn up every day to tell you how right I was and point out that you (and if not you then CERTAINLY others) were wrong. Tell the others if you see them. I want everyone to know about this."

:lol:

Exactly. ;)

Fucking brilliant!

Maximizing its income?? If I go and max out my credit cards, get a few bank loans and remortage my house is that maximizing my income or is it reckless spending?

That's what happend under Halls/Fred towards the end, although you will never admit the finances were in a very poor state.

Ashley is running the club within its means, not as exciting but that's how it is

as the wannabee accountant ie Toonpack particularly, doesn't answer the question, maybe you can tell us when exactly when a club that has the 14th biggest revenues in football needs to stop selling its best players and pocketing the cash, presumably to increase its spending power [i say presumably because we have not seen it], or else where is that money, and how much more revenue does it need exactly to not sell its best players and back their managers [to phrase it more simply for you ?]

I would say, judging by what has been said, when the club can support itself. Pay wages,pay bills etc, just like any other business. That how Ashley is running it, its not exciting but its how it is. I'm sure he's still injecting cash too. £35 mil won't go along way in a football club although you are oblivious to the fact. On the football side tho things are a bit more rosey, we are sitting above big spending Liverpool in 6th after more than half the season, flash in the pan? I would give Pardew and the players more credit than that.

Pocketing the cash? Has Ashley banked it and not put any of it into the club? Proof?

Selling our best players??

Sold Carroll in what seems to have been the second best deal in the last few years. What was the best? BA on a free, pulled off by NUFC

are these bad deals??

Offloaded a past his best Nolan, Joey Barton to QPR on 80k a week? Both terrible deals for the club? I think not.

Got an Italian u21 international from Inter to replace Jose and tbh looks a fair replacement

Cabaye, a France international and league champion with champions league experience, who has turned out to be a great looking player, how much was he?

Tiote? A dutch league winner who along with Cabaye would walk into most of the top 6 teams

Ben Arfa for £5m?

I'm not an Ashley lover but you have to give some credit to what has been built at a low cost and accept we have a side that has earned its place in the top 6 so far

As it happens I was walking past the Percy arms on the way to the ground yesterday and this late fifties chap wearing a toon scarf and miserable as sin caught my eye.

I had to stop myself from saying "Leazes?" out loud.

True story.

must have been a recollection of you, and others, booing a team that only finished 5th in the premiership.

I would say, judging by what has been said, when the club can support itself. Pay wages,pay bills etc, just like any other business. That how Ashley is running it, its not exciting but its how it is. I'm sure he's still injecting cash too. £35 mil won't go along way in a football club although you are oblivious to the fact. On the football side tho things are a bit more rosey, we are sitting above big spending Liverpool in 6th after more than half the season, flash in the pan? I would give Pardew and the players more credit than that.

Pocketing the cash? Has Ashley banked it and not put any of it into the club? Proof?

Sold Carroll in what seems to have been the second best deal in the last few years. What was the best? BA on a free, pulled off by NUFC

are these bad deals??

Offloaded a past his best Nolan, Joey Barton to QPR on 80k a week? Both terrible deals for the club? I think not.

Got an Italian u21 international from Inter to replace Jose and tbh looks a fair replacement

Cabaye, a France international and league champion with champions league experience, who has turned out to be a great looking player, how much was he?

Tiote? A dutch league winner who along with Cabaye would walk into most of the top 6 teams

Ben Arfa for £5m?

I'm not an Ashley lover but you have to give some credit to what has been built at a low cost and accept we have a side that has earned its place in the top 6 so far

sadly, european places on a consistent basis, are not dished out for having balance sheets, and consistent long term on the field performance - which DOES achieve it - is not achieved by selling your best players and pocketing the cash.

Couldn't have been Leazes he would only have been miserable after the game.

I had an enjoyable few hours in the Tyneside Irish Club after the game, did your armchair burst its springs ?

As it happens I was walking past the Percy arms on the way to the ground yesterday and this late fifties chap wearing a toon scarf and miserable as sin caught my eye.

I had to stop myself from saying "Leazes?" out loud.

True story.

must have been a recollection of you, and others, booing a team that only finished 5th in the premiership.

You................and others. :lol:

are these bad deals??

Ben Arfa for £5m?

sadly, european places on a consistent basis, are not dished out for having balance sheets, and consistent long term on the field performance - which DOES achieve it - is not achieved by selling your best players and pocketing the cash.

Which of our best players do you mean and what's happened to the cash??