***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....and another thing I said we'd finish 7th way back in Nov. What I didn't do is start a euro thread when we were 4th having lost one game in 12. See the difference. The gloves are gonna come off like. :razz:

Bolton and Blackburn battling relegation. Stoke below Sunderland. Try again.

Think he meant Everton and Liv. :lol:

it escapes the attention of the self proclaimed geniuses on here, that Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn have all also qualified briefly for europe in recent years....

Don;t waste your breath on them Parky, bro. :lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

it escapes the attention of the self proclaimed geniuses on here, that Stoke, Bolton and Blackburn have all also qualified briefly for europe in recent years....

You mean like us once in 3 years after Robson left and that was via the intertoto?

None of them qualified through league position though. (unless you count stoke via inter toto). We're challenging for a Champions league place whilst none of those teams have come near that in recent times.

You mean like us once in 3 years after Robson left and that was via the intertoto?

no, I mean 10 times in 15 years, including the 2nd phase of the Champions League and 2 serious shots at the title, the overall 5th most times qualified for europe in the country, with the 5th highest average league position, ending with the 14th biggest revenues in football and one of the best stadiums in europe to go with it.

Don't let the facts cloud your "opinion" though.

In fact, isn't once in 3 years superior to once in 5 years, or does your "opinion" also say differently ? :lol:

Oh well, I tried to engage serious factual debate here, and once again, somebody is spouting irrational nonsensical cherry picking rubbish.

Edited by LeazesMag

Tbf to them they never had a squad of players anywhere near as good as ours.

Much credit has to go to our buying policy if you compare the returns per pitch time Liv have for their 100m. They have been shit in the league and no mistake. So far they've won a cup absolutely nobody is interested in and Chelsea will kill them in the other one.

When we sell all our best players, replace them with inferior ones and pocket all the cash. Dont be bitter, you and HF hedged with Leazes and now look all silly. Forgive me for revelling in it ;)

That's patent nonsense. I've said good things about the current regime going back months.

All you've done is follow the mainstream media narrtive slavishly regarding Pards and Ashley. If you want to congratulate yourself for that be my guest.

Apart from which you stood by Obertans for how many months??? :razz:

When Chez was bullying those of us who feared we'd sell Carroll back in December 2010, and we subsequently did and dropped down the league, we all largley had the good grace not to mention it to him too much, we left him to reshape his 'narrative'.

Every post from Chez since we beat West Brom has been dripping with self-congratulation and nose rubbing.

Long may he have reason to blow his own horn like.

:D

In fairness, from Carroll leaving, until the end of the season, we dropped from 9th, being 2 points above 13th, to finishing 12th, 2 points below 9th. Hardly a massive shift compared to where we are now having had time to able to spend (some of) the Carroll money and improve the team.

Comparisons to the previous regime are utterly pointless. We won't match the achievements of that regime (barring a miracle) but we can still celebrate what has been a fantastic season and hope that we can build on it. The signs (currently) are at least hopeful that we might.

In fairness, from Carroll leaving, until the end of the season, we dropped from 9th, being 2 points above 13th, to finishing 12th, 2 points below 9th. Hardly a massive shift compared to where we are now having had time to able to spend (some of) the Carroll money and improve the team.

I'm just yanking CG's chain.

He likes to have a dig, lump me in with Leazes because I respect the views of someone with decades of match-going experience and defend the bloke when people put words in his mouth.

Fact is though, the only 'narrative' I've ever had is that Ashley is a liar and I wouldn't trust him as far as his belly reaches over his belt. That won't change no matter what. If we win the champions league I still wouldn't have time for the twat.

No idea why CG thinks I'd be bitter. I was the one telling the likes of uber positive CT his hopes were too modest after promotion. He's running around demanding plaudits for his positive outlook when not too long ago he was saying to me...

How on earth do you think its realistic to aim for seventh spot and dislodge Villa or Liverpool

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/27275-back-to-the-future/page__view__findpost__p__731210

I'm fully vindicated truth be told.

B)

He likes to have a dig, lump me in with Leazes because I respect the views of someone with decades of match-going experience and defend the bloke when people put words in his mouth.

Fact is though, the only 'narrative' I've ever had is that Ashley is a liar and I wouldn't trust him as far as his belly reaches over his belt. That won't change no matter what. If we win the champions league I still wouldn't have time for the twat.

No idea why CG thinks I'd be bitter. I was the one telling the likes of uber positive CT his hopes were too modest after promotion. He's running around demanding plaudits for his positive outlook when not too long ago he was saying to me...

How on earth do you think its realistic to aim for seventh spot and dislodge Villa or Liverpool

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/27275-back-to-the-future/page__view__findpost__p__731210

B)

Fair enough. I don't think anyone would disagree with you on Ashley being untrustworthy and a liar.

And a fat cunt for that matter!

I still like what he's doing with the club though.

http://www.toontasti...post__p__731210

B)

Wow!! Good find Nicos. :razz:

http://www.toontasti...post__p__731210

B)

good find.

I can see my time and explanation has been wasted yet again on a moron, if the last line is anything to go by. I gave you a chance to redeem your earlier insane ramblings. Fail.

You weren't responding to any of my posts, so I felt i needed to reel you in....

202707FishingForLeazes.jpg

That being said, I felt we had a rare moment of connection there, almost as if we'd put aside our past nastiness and for a fleeting moment were seeing each other as humans for the first time..... a bit like the WW1 Xmas football match...... "NOW GET BACK IN YOUR TRENCH YOU BLEND!" :razz: