***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We look like a bunch of parafins in these strips, yet Tottenham's look classy. Why? They're the same sponsor. PUMA are generally wank though, I remember UMBRO were going to dump us if we went in Division 3 in 1992, and we were gonna be sponsored by "matchstick" who sponsored all the shit clubs, and I feel the same about PUMA.

Aye completely supporting my ignored main point. You should add 2011 on.

There's no amounts out for 2011 yet is there? Happy to, if provided.

Of course there is! Are you mental in the head? What have we been discussing for the last week? Tottenham 162m Villa 89m Newcastle 88m Everton 82m Sunderland 81m. Fulham - fuck knows.

Of course there is! Are you mental in the head? What have we been discussing for the last week? Tottenham 162m Villa 89m Newcastle 88m Everton 82m Sunderland 81m. Fulham - fuck knows.

:lol:

Chill out man angry dad, you're gonna do yourself a mischief.

Where have those come from like? Missed that part of the thread.

Also Liverpool's revenue has stagnated.

Aye completely supporting my ignored main point. You should add 2011 on.

There's no amounts out for 2011 yet is there? Happy to, if provided.

There's an estimate for 2011 on the 8th graph down in this article which shows Liverpool's annual revenue flatlining despite rising TV revenue. Contrary to your i think.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Liverpool

It's at times like these that football pales into insignificance. In light of the absence of Alex, we are reminded how internet forums can be like crack. You get into a routine: up in the morning, cup of tea, few posts, oh no what's Stevie said... before you know it it's 3am and you've been made redundant. And for what? We could all be neurosurgeons by now if we'd use the time in a focused manner. Neurosurgeons with 6 figure salaries, ball-deep in pussy every night, because when you have a big income, you get big pussy. It's like Alex has held a mirror in our faces and forced us to look deep within ourselves, a sad day indeed.

There's an estimate for 2011 on the 8th graph down in this article which shows Liverpool's annual revenue flatlining despite rising TV revenue. Contrary to your i think. http://swissramble.b...label/Liverpool

Are revenue and turnover not subtly different?

Not in the UK:

In business, revenue is income that a company receives from its normal business activities, usually from the sale of goods and services to customers. In many countries, such as the United Kingdom, revenue is referred to as turnover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue

There's an estimate for 2011 on the 8th graph down in this article which shows Liverpool's annual revenue flatlining despite rising TV revenue. Contrary to your i think. http://swissramble.b...label/Liverpool

Not in the sense its being used here, no.

Dont worry, until yesterday i thought the economy was flatlining and consumer spending was down across the board. I was further under the impression that the underlying fundamentals in the football sector were being dampened via these economic factors. I was also under the impression that business analysis was a bit more complicated that 'how much revenue did they make' or even 'is it growing' but you and Stevie have shown me the light.

Football clubs everywhere are bouyant and on the up apart from us. Aye.

Not in the UK:

In business, revenue is income that a company receives from its normal business activities, usually from the sale of goods and services to customers. In many countries, such as the United Kingdom, revenue is referred to as turnover

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue

do you ever post anything about football ?

Not in the sense its being used here, no.

Dont worry, until yesterday i thought the economy was flatlining and consumer spending was down across the board. I was further under the impression that the underlying fundamentals in the football sector were being dampened via these economic factors. I was also under the impression that business analysis was a bit more complicated that 'how much revenue did they make' or even 'is it growing' but you and Stevie have shown me the light.

Football clubs everywhere are bouyant and on the up apart from us. Aye.

Thanks for imparting your knowledge.

Some are on the up to varying degrees despite the economic situation, some have stagnated, several have gone into financial dire straits. We've more than doubled the size of our debt but wiped out year on year losses.

What have I said that you don't agree with?

Some are on the up to varying degrees despite the economic situation, some have stagnated, several have gone into financial dire straits. We've more than doubled the size of our debt but wiped out year on year losses.

Everything! ;)

Not really. Of those still performing well, sound analysis extracts the difference between actual results and potential results and adjust for underlying trends across the business. 'Is it growing' is not an analysis of anything, its an observation. You might want to factor in (e.g. just within the commercial line) the breakdown of geographic sources of income e.g. UK, EU, RoW. Then you look at trends withing each region and overall demand levels. If Man U's commercial line is increasing, it may be because they have a large % of their commercial incomes coming from Asia-Pac which is growing as a market. Thus by standing stil there, they grow their income as the market grows. This growth rate may more than offset the proportional losses in UK commercial sales, returning a better commercial performance.

For a club with a base-case of low to negligible business outside of the UK, the impact of the depression in the UK market will be greater. Bringing in clubs like Sunderland, Villa etc is fair here, not Man U / Arsenal etc as their fundamentals are different and hence drive off different market dynamics.

I feel like i'm imparting more than just knowledge here.

Everything! ;)

Not really. Of those still performing well, sound analysis extracts the difference between actual results and potential results and adjust for underlying trends across the business. 'Is it growing' is not an analysis of anything, its an observation. You might want to factor in (e.g. just within the commercial line) the breakdown of geographic sources of income e.g. UK, EU, RoW. Then you look at trends withing each region and overall demand levels. If Man U's commercial line is increasing, it may be because they have a large % of their commercial incomes coming from Asia-Pac which is growing as a market. Thus by standing stil there, they grow their income as the market grows. This growth rate may more than offset the proportional losses in UK commercial sales, returning a better commercial performance.

For a club with a base-case of low to negligible business outside of the UK, the impact of the depression in the UK market will be greater. Bringing in clubs like Sunderland, Villa etc is fair here, not Man U / Arsenal etc as their fundamentals are different and hence drive off different market dynamics.

I feel like i'm imparting more than just knowledge here.

So Spurs aren't better off now than they were in 2007?

Lordy, I'm really learning from you here Master Po.