The thing is, they'll be proud of this

The Fish

I'm so obviously jealous, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be on earth than Liverpool, and I can't think of a more communicative delightful way of speaking than Liverpudlians. Jealousy is quite obviously at the core of where I'm coming from and it's so easy for everyone to see that too.

You fucking idiot.

You don't even know your cities demographical history neither. Explain to this forum why you contested the fact that the population of Liverpool has halved? Explain why you said it hasn't when this graph shows it has. I thought it was common knowledge that no where in Western Europe has a big city been deserted in the numbers Liverpool has. Only scousers contest this. No doubt Thatcher and the tory government have something to do with these fiddled figures to make Liverpool look bad.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Liverpool_population_history.jpg/800px-Liverpool_population_history.jpg

You’re an ugly minded jealous bigot. If others don’t see it, that’s not my problem. As I’ve already stated everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I think it was Ewerk who made that brilliant quote about you having a loose relationship with facts, he was spot on. Liverpool themselves started reducing their population in the 1960’s to new towns, Skem, Kirkby and Runcorn because it was over populated. This has carried on through the last few decades; there are still swathes of empty houses waiting to be demolished. Only in the last few years have the council started to allow developers to build homes in the city centre again. It hardly equates to desertion.

Many did leave for work in the 1980’s but that was happening in much of the North, many came back when things got better and overall Merseyside itself has grown in population.

So you admit half the population deserted Liverpool over a 50 year period? Thank you. Facts are facts, don't let emotion get in the way of the fact the population of Liverpool is HALF of what it was. Incredible stat that, and as Cleetoon said, and I said earlier the only comparison in the western world is Detroit in USA. I wouldn't know about Asia or Africa and such epic desertion of a city.

So in your view a city council reducing it's own population because of overcrowding is the people deserting? Jesus, you're a bell.

Have you been to Detroit recently?

Liverpool is better than most cities I've been to in this country and the thousands of tourists that come here each week feel the same.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Pacinofan, Coventry also got absolutely battered by the Luftwaffe... and that's not where the similarities between Liverpool and Coventry end. Liverpool is the only place i've been seriously concerned for my safety in the daytime, and I live in London ffs :lol:. There was a bang-on point made about Detroit, Detroit is the American Liverpool, it's looked at by the rest of the country in the same way we look at Liverpool, basically, "Oh dear!". There's no amount of City of Culture, shit birds on top of buildings or 1 amazing band 50 years ago that can take the absolute shiteness of Liverpool away. I've been to Sheffield/Nottingham a fair few times, and they definitely have more charm than Liverpool. Although to be fair, most of the slave-trade went through Bristol, which was by all accounts the most important port of the time, and is now an infinitely nicer place than Merseyside.

Liverpool was the second most bombed city in the UK. Can't be arsed with the rest of your post which is a mixture of opinion and ignorance.

No it wasn't, I know it wasn't because i'm from near Hull and Hull was, 90% of it's buildings were damaged! Hull's still a shithole, as is Liverpool, what's the relevance?

From wiki... Hull was the most severely bombed British city or town apart from London during the Second World War, with 86,715 buildings damaged and 95 percent of houses damaged or destroyed.[2] Of a population of approximately 320,000 at the beginning of the war, approximately 152,000 were made homeless as a result of bomb destruction or damage.

Aye and the whole of Coventry's city center was fucked too... Coventry, Hull, Liverpool, all severely bombed... all shitholes :D

What baffles me is right take you. You're a standard kid who has nothing to slate Liverpool for, not from the North East live in London, forget what team you support, and you're basically echoing what I think too. He denies that scousers are generally ridiculed on a national basis, and for me it's not just the fact the place is a shithole, there's loads of shitholes right round the country, it's my signature that sums it up. They're ridiculed as much for the people they are than the actual city itself, that's more collectively than individually because you do scousers who are decent though. However, I've seen this view echoed everywhere. In my work they're all Londoners, and if you mention Liverpool in any shape or form peoples faces contort, it's a national thing. They're superior to monkeys, and that's still contentious.

You’re one of the worst bigots I’ve seen on the net and I really don’t think I’ve come across anyone as jealous of Liverpool as you are. It’s like a sickness, you just can’t resist looking and reading every little thing you can about it, just to make yourself even more jealous.

I have no problem being arrogant where you’re concerned, you’re like the old drunk sitting on a street corner with a bottle of meths in his hand, shouting the odds at everyone and anyone, with no sense to your words. You’re more to be pitied really, but hey, I’m arrogant enough to know that if I was anything like you I’d curl up in a corner with a bag over my head crying ‘unclean, unclean.

Pacinofan, you do realise it's possible to think ill of somewhere/something without being jealous of it? I think Nickleback is shit and I'm not jealous of his success.

Nice moving of the goal posts by the way. 1st Liverpool was the most bombed, now when it's been stated that categorically untrue, it's the most damaged square mile?

This is why people all over the country think scousers are twats. Oh and the only reason people come visit Liverpool is the Beatles, and how many of them stuck around your wonderful shithole? Didn't Ringo recently slate it himself? :lol:

Pacinofan, you do realise it's possible to think ill of somewhere/something without being jealous of it? I think Nickleback is shit and I'm not jealous of his success.

Nice moving of the goal posts by the way. 1st Liverpool was the most bombed, now when it's been stated that categorically untrue, it's the most damaged square mile?

This is why people all over the country think scousers are twats. Oh and the only reason people come visit Liverpool is the Beatles, and how many of them stuck around your wonderful shithole? Didn't Ringo recently slate it himself? :lol:

Aye, despite the fact Liverpool's bigger than Hull and Coventry's city center was the worst affected, as i've said :lol: . Pacinofan, you're not helping your cities image

I do realise that Fish but this idiot is absolutely obsessed with Liverpool.

Most bombed is a bit contentious, Liverpool had the most bombs, Hull had more damage.

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/maritime/exhibitions/blitz/blitz.asp

Canada dock was the most bombed square mile in the country,

People come to Liverpool for many different reasons, The Beatles being one of them. Bigger draw than ‘Welcome to Catherine Cookson country’ but there you go.

Aye, despite the fact Liverpool's bigger than Hull and Coventry's city center was the worst affected, as i've said :lol: . Pacinofan, you're not helping your cities image

I really don't give a flying one about what you think of me, or the city I come from. Your ignorance was evident when you said Bristol was the most important port at the time of slavery. Liverpool overtook it in all respects.

Edited by Pacinofan

I do realise that Fish but this idiot is absolutely obsessed with Liverpool.

Most bombed is a bit contentious, Liverpool had the most bombs, Hull had more damage.

http://www.liverpool...blitz/blitz.asp

Canada dock was the most bombed square mile in the country,

People come to Liverpool for many different reasons, The Beatles being one of them. Bigger draw than ‘Welcome to Catherine Cookson country’ but there you go.

I doubt more than a hundred visitors turn up for Catherine Cookson mind, so I'm not sure why you brought that up. Most visitors will come for the history (Nordic, Roman, Anglo-Saxon etc.), the nightlife, the welcome and the city itself is so very impressive.

I really don't give a flying one about what you think of me, or the city I come from.

That's evidently not true.

Unfortunately Fish it's not as popular as Liverpool.

I brought CC up because that's the sign I saw when getting near to your city the last time I was up there. Seemed a bit odd to show such pride in a an author who writes womens books. It's not like she's an Agatha Christie type writer or a Bronte.

Without the Beatles, Liverpool's tourism trade would take a nose dive.

and idioteque? we could post plenty of videos of the scousers portrayed in the media throughout the ages. Facts are, your accent sounds like radio static, our accent is proven to be welcoming and trustworthy. Ask Stephen Fry.

Here's the same comedian nailing your accent

Edited by The Fish

Don't be stupid Fish there's loads to see in Liverpool besides the Beatle stuff, but it's great that they did come from here.

It took the city council 25 years to capitalise on them as well, but they finally realised when you've got something fantastic, and a fantastic city as well, then flaunt it and they'll come.

Don't be stupid Fish there's loads to see in Liverpool besides the Beatle stuff, but it's great that they did come from here.

It took the city council 25 years to capitalise on them as well, but they finally realised when you've got something fantastic, and a fantastic city as well, then flaunt it and they'll come.

:lol: honestly, it's always somebody screwing you over isn't it?

Like I said, without the Beatles, Liverpool's tourism trade would nose dive. Same as if you shut down Glastonbury no fucker would go to Somerset.

Edit Forgot about Cheddar Gorge :lol:

Edited by The Fish

Pacinofan, you do realise it's possible to think ill of somewhere/something without being jealous of it? I think Nickleback is shit and I'm not jealous of his success. Nice moving of the goal posts by the way. 1st Liverpool was the most bombed, now when it's been stated that categorically untrue, it's the most damaged square mile? This is why people all over the country think scousers are twats. Oh and the only reason people come visit Liverpool is the Beatles, and how many of them stuck around your wonderful shithole? Didn't Ringo recently slate it himself? :lol:
I really don't give a flying one about what you think of me, or the city I come from. Your ignorance was evident when you said Bristol was the most important port at the time of slavery. Liverpool overtook it in all respects.

Really? Bristol was THE slavery port, Liverpool was eventually bigger yes, but you do realise we outlawed slavery in 1807? In the 1700's Bristol was known along the world for trading slaves... AND WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH IT? I mean i've been studying the slave trade in the past month for my University course, but I guess having a different view than you about your city makes me ignorant, good one! :good:

Edit: Might I add that Liverpool indeed did have a great effect on the slave trade, especially in the later years, but overall it was nothing on Bristol, and like I said, why are you so proud of it?

Edited by CleeToonFan

:lol: honestly, it's always somebody screwing you over isn't it?

Like I said, without the Beatles, Liverpool's tourism trade would nose dive. Same as if you shut down Glastonbury no fucker would go to Somerset.

Edit Forgot about Cheddar Gorge :lol:

Eh? The city council are made up of Scousers. Does no-one round your way ever criticise their councils then? FFS, what a straw clutcher.

We have a major maritime heritage, we have fantastic art galleries and museums, the only national ones outside of the four capitals. We're the 5th best shopping city, amazing architecture, two cathedrals, one of them magnificent, even tours of Anfield are fully booked most of the time. Then there's a world class horse race that's always brought tourists from around the world.

The Beatles would be a loss, but that's like saying if me auntie had balls and so on. The Beatles were Scousers born and bred, they became the biggest band in the world, they attract Beatle fans from all over the world, just part and parcel of what we have to offer the tourist..

Pacinofan, you do realise it's possible to think ill of somewhere/something without being jealous of it? I think Nickleback is shit and I'm not jealous of his success. Nice moving of the goal posts by the way. 1st Liverpool was the most bombed, now when it's been stated that categorically untrue, it's the most damaged square mile? This is why people all over the country think scousers are twats. Oh and the only reason people come visit Liverpool is the Beatles, and how many of them stuck around your wonderful shithole? Didn't Ringo recently slate it himself? :lol:

Really? Bristol was THE slavery port, Liverpool was eventually bigger yes, but you do realise we outlawed slavery in 1807? In the 1700's Bristol was known along the world for trading slaves... AND WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH IT? I mean i've been studying the slave trade in the past month for my University course, but I guess having a different view than you about your city makes me ignorant, good one! :good:

Edit: Might I add that Liverpool indeed did have a great effect on the slave trade, especially in the later years, but overall it was nothing on Bristol, and like I said, why are you so proud of it?

You are ignorant. Like I said Liverpool overtook Bristol in all things, not just slavery. Liverpoool became the second port of the Empire in the early 1700's and as I've already stated, Liverpool earned more through the trade of other goods than than they earned through slavery, even in the slaving years. Liverpool controlled trade of all descriptions with 60% of all British trade and 40% of Europes.

I'm not proud of it at all, I detest the thought of people being taken as slaves but I'm not going to shut my eyes to the fact that Liverpool was a major player in the trade.

Facts are it's a shithole, scousers won't ever admit it and they will spout spurious claims to the contrary.

They'll say it's a utopia, and any negative is somebody else's fault. Arrogance and Victim complex all in one... It's an awful combination and it's why scousers are rightfully mocked the length and breadth of the country.

Justice for the 50% who stayed iyam

Jeez Tom, I haven't been there for years. Great venue though, loved the different genres of music over the three floors.

Oh to be young enough again. :)

You must have got around if you found Wood Street, it's a bit off the beaten track.

Yeh there was loads of good ones around 'the kray', on the same street I'm sure, canny indie bars with posters on all the walls, similar to a few in Newcastle tbh, good tunes, people the polar opposite of what this thread is about,

We kept running up to the metal floor and down to the pop one and all sorts proper taking the piss, was happy enough in indie in the end :up:

Facts are it's a shithole, scousers won't ever admit it and they will spout spurious claims to the contrary.

They'll say it's a utopia, and any negative is somebody else's fault. Arrogance and Victim complex all in one... It's an awful combination and it's why scousers are rightfully mocked the length and breadth of the country.

Justice for the 50% who stayed iyam

Whoops, looks like you're getting a bit angry there, calm down.

Yeh there was loads of good ones around 'the kray', on the same street I'm sure, canny indie bars with posters on all the walls, similar to a few in Newcastle tbh, good tunes, people the polar opposite of what this thread is about,

We kept running up to the metal floor and down to the pop one and all sorts proper taking the piss, was happy enough in indie in the end :up:

Can't beat it, £3 for 2 cans even though it is a sweat box