The thing is, they'll be proud of this

The Fish

I disagree with you Tom, there are many fine parts of Liverpool outside of the centre.

The area around Anfield is a disgrace and would have been dealt with years ago if everyone had done what they said they'd do, and not having Evertonians in the city council.

The Wirral is lovely for the most part, if a bit dull. My Aunt and Uncle live in Port Sunlight village, a wonderful concept when built but it reminds me of a Stepford type place. Every single blade of grass is manicured, the town 'council' decide on which plants you can have outside of your front door. Sometimes it's good to see something a bit more edgy and rough.

Nee wonder Liverpool is your Utopia then.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I wasn't having a go - just speaking from experience & I really didn't see much. The centre is nice like but as young lads we were mainly drinking so if I missed anything I probably missed a lot. :lol:

Squeaky voiced helium city tbh. I actually quite like the accent on the girls cos it's feminine, but theres no way a bloke should sound that high pitched. Stevie G ffs and that's not even an extreme example.

No British citizen has a worse voice or accent than Carragher. They seem to revel in talking like cunts, and making their accent sound as vile as possible. All it does is make people look down their nose at them even more, and they can't see this. If I was Prime Minister I'd be straight on the phone to Bertie Ahern "do yous want Merseyside and we'll wipe out any debt you have to us", that would be my offer.

That's a 6ft plus bloke who's family are sposed to be big on the gangster scene if you believe my Liverpool supporting mate. Yet he sounds like a five year old girl. :lol:

:lol:

Remember when he got on the phone to Adrian Durham on Talksport live, and asked him to come to Melwood Training Ground for a fight pmsl hahahaha. "Come daahn ta Melwood and see what 'appens la, see if you've gock any bockghhhhle". They're such classy people, they actually remind me of gypsies, but rather than one camp or site, it's an entire connurbation. To be fair who would we have to laugh at though?

I was last there a couple of years back.* :up:

Will probably go back at some point though probably for the Everton match last day of the season.

*on the drink that is, was at the last Goodison Park fixture too - with that class Ben Arfa goal.

My abiding memory of it will forever be driving towards one of their Radio Stations and seeing row after row of shit hole houses, boarded up, covered in "Scouse Wit" like "Dazza is a Grass" and similar.

Honestly I've driven through a lot of England and Liverpool (the city) is a shit hole. You could manufacture a journey into Newcastle that would take you through rougher areas, but I drove one of the main routes into the centre of Liverpool and I was genuinely appalled. Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, all nicer than Liverpool, and while that's an opinion I've based it on experience.

I mean, ask yourself this, why would I hold this opinion if I hadn't found it by experience? It's not like you're sunderland, so I've a football/tribal reason to dislike your city/your people. I think Mancs are generally arrogant twats, Yorkshire lads from Leeds are miserable fuckers, but I prefer them both to your lot, I think their cities need a bit of work, but on the whole they're nicer.

Plus your port city comment? By "look out to the rest of the world" do you mean, "reaped riches from the slave trade?"

The scouse superiority line has had me smiling since this morning, I think the gypsy/North Korea/Albania analogy I used is fucking spot on. I read somewhere that Detroit in America is the yank version of Liverpool, population has halved, and the ones who remain and the city itself with its industries are examples of capitalism gone wrong.

My abiding memory of it will forever be driving towards one of their Radio Stations and seeing row after row of shit hole houses, boarded up, covered in "Scouse Wit" like "Dazza is a Grass" and similar.

Honestly I've driven through a lot of England and Liverpool (the city) is a shit hole. You could manufacture a journey into Newcastle that would take you through rougher areas, but I drove one of the main routes into the centre of Liverpool and I was genuinely appalled. Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, all nicer than Liverpool, and while that's an opinion I've based it on experience.

I mean, ask yourself this, why would I hold this opinion if I hadn't found it by experience? It's not like you're sunderland, so I've a football/tribal reason to dislike your city/your people. I think Mancs are generally arrogant twats, Yorkshire lads from Leeds are miserable fuckers, but I prefer them both to your lot, I think their cities need a bit of work, but on the whole they're nicer.

Plus your port city comment? By "look out to the rest of the world" do you mean, "reaped riches from the slave trade?"

Your opinion is your own and I wouldn’t try to change it, doesn’t bother me at all, we all have opinions about everywhere. It’s when you say you know how people are going to re- act when the actual facts disprove your comments. We have very active daily and nightly phone in’s on the local radio stations plus the local papers, and the complaints in both forms of media were very, very strong in the summer. I’d say 99% against it.

It makes me laugh when ignorant people like yourself bring up the slave trade when there wasn’t one part of the UK who didn’t benefit from it. Before, during and after the slave trade, Liverpool did more business with Ireland, the Isle of Man and other non slave trade routes than they ever did to do with slavery.

BTW, none of those cities you mention suffered like Liverpool did from the Luftwaffe, where swathes of the city centre were left as no more than free car parks. I think this city has done fantastically well to build itself up again, considering we live in a London centric country. Many visitors would disagree with your opinion of Liverpool against the other cities you mention.

This guy for instance, loved England and the cities you mention, except Sheffield, but he fell in love with Liverpool.

http://www.skyscrape...d.php?t=1455347

Well, if one yank liked it, I'll definitely change my mind about that shit-tip... :lol:

see, this is the thing, it can't be that Liverpool is a shithole just because. No, it has to be the Luftwaffe's fault. Or the Council. Or whatever.

:dunno: Also find the scousers most vocal about their love for the city are the ones who've left.

The scouse superiority line has had me smiling since this morning, I think the gypsy/North Korea/Albania analogy I used is fucking spot on. I read somewhere that Detroit in America is the yank version of Liverpool, population has halved, and the ones who remain and the city itself with its industries are examples of capitalism gone wrong.

Glad to give such an ugly minded guy a laugh, you’re welcome. Our population hasn’t halved at all and our economy is on the up, has been for a few years now. Why don't you just give up, you haven't got a clue, and are so blinded by hate and jealousy that you rarely make any sense.

Well, if one yank liked it, I'll definitely change my mind about that shit-tip... :lol:

see, this is the thing, it can't be that Liverpool is a shithole just because. No, it has to be the Luftwaffe's fault. Or the Council. Or whatever.

:dunno: Also find the scousers most vocal about their love for the city are the ones who've left.

I wasn't trying to change your mind at all. The fact that you compared them to those particular cities reminded of that thread on SSC that's all.

I didn't say it was the Luftwaffes fault, I was being positive about the great strides the city made because of the way they'd left it.

I live here and find the majority of Scousers love and are very proud of their city, and not afraid to speak up for it.

Yeah Pacinofan, Coventry also got absolutely battered by the Luftwaffe... and that's not where the similarities between Liverpool and Coventry end. Liverpool is the only place i've been seriously concerned for my safety in the daytime, and I live in London ffs :lol:. There was a bang-on point made about Detroit, Detroit is the American Liverpool, it's looked at by the rest of the country in the same way we look at Liverpool, basically, "Oh dear!". There's no amount of City of Culture, shit birds on top of buildings or 1 amazing band 50 years ago that can take the absolute shiteness of Liverpool away. I've been to Sheffield/Nottingham a fair few times, and they definitely have more charm than Liverpool. Although to be fair, most of the slave-trade went through Bristol, which was by all accounts the most important port of the time, and is now an infinitely nicer place than Merseyside.

I'm so obviously jealous, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be on earth than Liverpool, and I can't think of a more communicative delightful way of speaking than Liverpudlians. Jealousy is quite obviously at the core of where I'm coming from and it's so easy for everyone to see that too.

You fucking idiot.

You don't even know your cities demographical history neither. Explain to this forum why you contested the fact that the population of Liverpool has halved? Explain why you said it hasn't when this graph shows it has. I thought it was common knowledge that no where in Western Europe has a big city been deserted in the numbers Liverpool has. Only scousers contest this. No doubt Thatcher and the tory government have something to do with these fiddled figures to make Liverpool look bad.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Liverpool_population_history.jpg/800px-Liverpool_population_history.jpg

Yeah Pacinofan, Coventry also got absolutely battered by the Luftwaffe... and that's not where the similarities between Liverpool and Coventry end. Liverpool is the only place i've been seriously concerned for my safety in the daytime, and I live in London ffs :lol:. There was a bang-on point made about Detroit, Detroit is the American Liverpool, it's looked at by the rest of the country in the same way we look at Liverpool, basically, "Oh dear!". There's no amount of City of Culture, shit birds on top of buildings or 1 amazing band 50 years ago that can take the absolute shiteness of Liverpool away. I've been to Sheffield/Nottingham a fair few times, and they definitely have more charm than Liverpool. Although to be fair, most of the slave-trade went through Bristol, which was by all accounts the most important port of the time, and is now an infinitely nicer place than Merseyside.

Liverpool was the second most bombed city in the UK. Can't be arsed with the rest of your post which is a mixture of opinion and ignorance.

I'm so obviously jealous, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be on earth than Liverpool, and I can't think of a more communicative delightful way of speaking than Liverpudlians. Jealousy is quite obviously at the core of where I'm coming from and it's so easy for everyone to see that too.

You fucking idiot.

You don't even know your cities demographical history neither. Explain to this forum why you contested the fact that the population of Liverpool has halved? Explain why you said it hasn't when this graph shows it has. I thought it was common knowledge that no where in Western Europe has a big city been deserted in the numbers Liverpool has. Only scousers contest this. No doubt Thatcher and the tory government have something to do with these fiddled figures to make Liverpool look bad.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/64/Liverpool_population_history.jpg/800px-Liverpool_population_history.jpg

You’re an ugly minded jealous bigot. If others don’t see it, that’s not my problem. As I’ve already stated everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I think it was Ewerk who made that brilliant quote about you having a loose relationship with facts, he was spot on. Liverpool themselves started reducing their population in the 1960’s to new towns, Skem, Kirkby and Runcorn because it was over populated. This has carried on through the last few decades; there are still swathes of empty houses waiting to be demolished. Only in the last few years have the council started to allow developers to build homes in the city centre again. It hardly equates to desertion.

Many did leave for work in the 1980’s but that was happening in much of the North, many came back when things got better and overall Merseyside itself has grown in population.

Liverpool was the second most bombed city in the UK. Can't be arsed with the rest of your post which is a mixture of opinion and ignorance.

No it wasn't, I know it wasn't because i'm from near Hull and Hull was, 90% of it's buildings were damaged! Hull's still a shithole, as is Liverpool, what's the relevance?

You fucking idiot.

You’re an ugly minded jealous bigot. If others don’t see it, that’s not my problem. As I’ve already stated everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I think it was Ewerk who made that brilliant quote about you having a loose relationship with facts, he was spot on. Liverpool themselves started reducing their population in the 1960’s to new towns, Skem, Kirkby and Runcorn because it was over populated. This has carried on through the last few decades; there are still swathes of empty houses waiting to be demolished. Only in the last few years have the council started to allow developers to build homes in the city centre again. It hardly equates to desertion.

Many did leave for work in the 1980’s but that was happening in much of the North, many came back when things got better and overall Merseyside itself has grown in population.

So you admit half the population deserted Liverpool over a 50 year period? Thank you. Facts are facts, don't let emotion get in the way of the fact the population of Liverpool is HALF of what it was. Incredible stat that, and as Cleetoon said, and I said earlier the only comparison in the western world is Detroit in USA. I wouldn't know about Asia or Africa and such epic desertion of a city.

No it wasn't, I know it wasn't because i'm from near Hull and Hull was, 90% of it's buildings were damaged! Hull's still a shithole, as is Liverpool, what's the relevance?

From wiki... Hull was the most severely bombed British city or town apart from London during the Second World War, with 86,715 buildings damaged and 95 percent of houses damaged or destroyed.[2] Of a population of approximately 320,000 at the beginning of the war, approximately 152,000 were made homeless as a result of bomb destruction or damage.

From wiki... Hull was the most severely bombed British city or town apart from London during the Second World War, with 86,715 buildings damaged and 95 percent of houses damaged or destroyed.[2] Of a population of approximately 320,000 at the beginning of the war, approximately 152,000 were made homeless as a result of bomb destruction or damage.

Aye and the whole of Coventry's city center was fucked too... Coventry, Hull, Liverpool, all severely bombed... all shitholes :D

Aye and the whole of Coventry's city center was fucked too... Coventry, Hull, Liverpool, all severely bombed... all shitholes :D

What baffles me is right take you. You're a standard kid who has nothing to slate Liverpool for, not from the North East live in London, forget what team you support, and you're basically echoing what I think too. He denies that scousers are generally ridiculed on a national basis, and for me it's not just the fact the place is a shithole, there's loads of shitholes right round the country, it's my signature that sums it up. They're ridiculed as much for the people they are than the actual city itself, that's more collectively than individually because you do scousers who are decent though. However, I've seen this view echoed everywhere. In my work they're all Londoners, and if you mention Liverpool in any shape or form peoples faces contort, it's a national thing. They're superior to monkeys, and that's still contentious.

Support Newcastle like, stepdad growing up was a Geordie... It's not like I have a problem with someone just because he's a Scouser, but when most act like this Pacinofan its hard not to ridicule em. What i've noticed too is that Everton fans seem to be a lot more likeable than Liverpool fans, and that when I went to Anfield the atmosphere was diabolical, despite this "Best fans in the world" bullshit.

Hull lost more buildings, Liverpool city centre was blitzed very heavily, had more air raids and lost more civilian lives, nearly 4,000 on Merseyside, two and a half thousand in Liverpool alone. Canada dock was the most heavily bombed square mile in the UK. 10, 000 homes were destroyed. The battle of the Atlantic was fought from Liverpool and it was one of the most important ports in the world during the war, hence why Hitler bombed it so much and hence why we have tunnels instead of bridges.

For those that know Liverpool you'll recognise the Victoria Monument looking up to Castle Street. This is just one part of a city centre that was devastated.

liverpool-blitz.jpg