Someones Dropped a Bollock On my Watch - Advice

wykikitoon

A lass who works here has dropped several bollocks on the job I am working on and I am a bit stuck what to do.

She, for some reason is thought well of by our immediate line manager, yet in reality shes fucking shite. Anyways, shes dropped a few bollocks on the job and after the first one I told the main line manager that it needs attention, nothing happened.

Anyways, I was working at home yesterday reviewing elements of the project and her work is Waaaaaaaaaaay below the standard for her level and basically she needs a bollocking.

Now, I dont like squealing, Ive tried speaking to her but shes just brain dead. She spends her time gabbing about shite and basically her work shows it. Im under a load of pressure on the job and shes just sat back chilling!

Do I go see the Line Manager again, or, undercut him and see the main gaffer? Its something that needs bringing up because its on my job and I dont wanna get dry bummed for someones continuous mistakes.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the point bollocking her if she just isn't good enough?

The answer is obvious really. Just go to your boss and have a gripe about her. Give her the compliment sandwich though but make sure you make the stink of shit.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I dont want to be seen as undermining the immediate gaffer, but he seems to have an issue speaking to women. Well, not just women but people who have their feet under the table here.

Im sat grafting and their chatting about their weekend, or organising their new kitchen etc, its frustrating as fuck.

As someone who is going through a lot of shit at work at the minute for someone else's fuck ups I would report it again and make sure it's documented you reported it.

This. You have to flag it up as an issue otherwise you're the one who gets it in the neck as her superior on this one.

You and lasses just don't mix, Wyki. ;)

As someone who is going through a lot of shit at work at the minute for someone else's fuck ups I would report it again and make sure it's documented you reported it.

This. You have to flag it up as an issue otherwise you're the one who gets it in the neck as her superior on this one.

You and lasses just don't mix, Wyki. ;)

Women in engineering dont mix!

But you maybe right :lol:

I wouldn't grass on her like. I'd handwrite all the changes you had to make to her work, and get her to correct it, and mention that you spent your Sunday finding her mistakes. Let her know that it can't continue and leave it at that. Fair warning.

Does she work for you or you on the same level? I assume if you're checking her work she works for you.

Should change the thread title to: 'Wyki has lost his bollocks' tbh. :razz:

:glare:

I wouldn't grass on her like. I'd handwrite all the changes you had to make to her work, and get her to correct it, and mention that you spent your Sunday finding her mistakes. Let her know that it can't continue and leave it at that. Fair warning.

Does she work for you or you on the same level? I assume if you're checking her work she works for you.

She works for me.

The thing is, I have tried the softer approach of marking stuff up and then explaining stuff and it falls on deaf ears. I marked up and error 3 months ago. Its still not been updated and its shit like this that just annoys me. The girl has 10 years experience, thats the annoying thing. If it was a grad or a junior I would let stuff slide and put it down to inexperience. I would deal with them in the same as I have always done, sit down, explain, have a chat and get stuff done.

This one, she just doesnt care, or doesnt seem to care. Shes a sound lass really, heart in right place, just dumb as fuck. She asked me the other day how to work a gradient out FFS!

Tits?

None and I wouldnt touch her with Kevin's!

I have been here a year, well, a year and two weeks. I really enjoy it here, but in the past month or so as the project speed has ramped up and were getting more and more information out the more and more its showing how shit this lass is.

Anyways, got a meeting with the top gaffer this afternoon.