Manche$ter City v Newcastle United

Park Life

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whelp - that's that.

Don't think we embarrassed ourselves, typical that again for 2 seasons running its pinball goals and penalties that allow man city to beat us (that being said, at least the penalty this time was actually in the box)

Would've been a very different game if Ba and Ben arfas opportunities had found the net.

Between the injuries though, next match is going to be very difficult

We've been worse. Time to move on from this game and I hope Pardew makes it clear that this loss doesn't change anything. We played decently and only individual errors, which will always be punished more harshly by the better teams, cost us.

Colo, Krul and S. Taylor were incredible, and Ben Arfa showed that he is still the player we signed last summer. Gutted for him that his shot didn't go in, it was very well worked.

Guthrie has done well but showed he isn't quite good enough against the best - I think with Tiote we may have got something.

I know I'm a biased, bitter twat but I'd love to know how a player is supposed to get in the way of a shot with his arms taped to his sides which seemingly is the only legal way of doing it. I also think Richards launched himself as soon as he felt a hand on his shoulder - an honest player would have stayed up but they're a rarity nowadays.

Decent at times today from us, R.Taylor's handball was a bit daft but I'm not sure how much he knew about it. The second goal was unlucky and the third was never a penalty.

We created some decent chances and were unlucky not to finish them.

Micah Richards is a complete cunt like, he was fouling all game, never got a card and then dived for the penalty!

I'd be happier if their goals weren't down to our mistakes. But they happen in football.

I know we lost 3-1 but I saw enough in there to suggest that we're good enough to be in or around the European places. We were deservedly beaten but not completely outclassed. I certainly don't think morale will suffer as a result of losing this.

The way they're going, pretty much every English club is going to get beaten by them at home. It'll take an off day for them to drop points, and I don't think they're all that capable of having an off day because they've got such ridiculous strengh in depth that Mancini can change things around with subs and not suffer for it.

From what I've seen of Man Utd this season, their neighbours are just a different class on current form. It's too early in the season to give much thought to it, but it'll be an extremely sad day if and when Man City win the league. I find it bemusing that quite a few people are apathetic towards Man City and what they represent. I enjoy watching them and I respect the team, but not the club.

I don't really care about Man City in terms of whether they win or not. I think I spent all my energy building up an immense hatred for Chelski when they were spending big time. Now its just something thats part of football and probably always will be for selected 'lucky' clubs.

In saying that seeing City beat ManU would be pretty amusing. And seeing Chelski fans actually having the gall to whinge about City is also pretty amusing. So its not all bad from that perspective.

From what I've seen of Man Utd this season, their neighbours are just a different class on current form. It's too early in the season to give much thought to it, but it'll be an extremely sad day if and when Man City win the league. I find it bemusing that quite a few people are apathetic towards Man City and what they represent. I enjoy watching them and I respect the team, but not the club.

It must be something about the region because I've noticed that depsite being good for only 5 minutes their fans have a Man Utd type arrogance which grates. I always hated the Mackem loving cunts anyway but watching them ride this wave is a pain in the arse - especially as I have a nagging suspicion it could have been us if Ashley wasn't such a useless cunt when the Arabs were looking.

Hba played really well today and was unlucky that one didn't just bounce in off the post. Many divine touches on the ball.

These are the games where a makeshift left back gets found out...Raylor completely out of his depth and not just the mistakes, his concetration, postitioning and tackling were all poor. Not idea why Santon can't get a game.

Deserved win for City who dominated nearly the whole match,

Sameobi some nice touches and I like the way he runs so freely with the ball.

Sameobi some nice touches and I like the way he runs so freely with the ball.

Sammy does have some nice footwork. So does his brother to be fair to him, but Sammy has a fair helping of pace to go with it.