Going Loco down in Acapulco

Guest alex

Prostitutes found in Mexico jail

A surprise inspection in a prison in Mexico has revealed the presence of 19 prostitutes, 100 plasma televisions, two sacks of marijuana, and 100 cockerels for cock fighting.

The discovery in the prison in Acapulco came as police prepared to transfer the inmates to a maximum security jail.

The officers also found six female inmates living in the male section of the prison and two peacocks.

Mexican jails are notorious for overcrowding, corruption and rioting.

It is not the first time luxury items and weapons have been found in a Mexican jail.

In July, prisoners in a jail in Sonora state were found to be running a lottery to raffle off a luxury cell they'd equipped with a fridge, DVD player and air conditioning.

An inspector from the State Commission for the Defence of Human Rights, Hipolito Lugo Cortes, recently denounced conditions in five prisons in Guerrero state, among them the one in Acapulco.

He said inmates were running affairs at these penitentiaries according to their own laws and customs, with little or no control by prison authorities.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-15630892

Sounds canny

Not sure what the peacocks are for like.

Guard dogs.......

Billy Hayes: [sees peacocks along the fence of the prison] Peacocks. Why peacocks?

Jimmy: The Turks use 'em instead of dogs to patrol the fence because they shreik like hell when they're approached or disturbed. Plus, they don't get rabies.

I've been to Acapulco and they're all fucking mentalists :lol:

RobW-tastic anecdote there ;)

:lol:

Aye, it was a bit. My ex-husband nearly got kidnapped by a lunatic in Acapulco. Said loony pulled up next to him as my ex was walking to the shop and asked him to help with some English translation on his radio. He opened his car door and tried to bundle him into the car and hubby just ran as fast as he could. I felt quite guilty cos I'd sent him to the shop for some chocolate :lol:

One of my favourite holiday destinations. though I've only been in the more tourist area's like Cancun just south of there. Also around the Yucatan but its still nothing like Mexico City etc.

Mexico is one place i've never fancied visiting.

really? you probably have options closer to you but, they have very nice beaches and lots of pretty girls wearing next to nothing. if you go the all inclusive route you can add all the booze you can drink to the mix as well.

I've been to Acapulco and they're all fucking mentalists :lol:

RobW-tastic anecdote there ;)

:lol:

Aye, it was a bit. My ex-husband nearly got kidnapped by a lunatic in Acapulco. Said loony pulled up next to him as my ex was walking to the shop and asked him to help with some English translation on his radio. He opened his car door and tried to bundle him into the car and hubby just ran as fast as he could. I felt quite guilty cos I'd sent him to the shop for some chocolate :lol:

Did the gang involved give you your money back?