England team banned from wearing a poppy!

nufcboy

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're looking for a football fixture which captured the essence of the 1980's decade, it was Liverpool v Luton Town.

Aye with an orange ball on the plastic pitch. I remember such a game against the dippers, 3-0 win for Luton as it goes.

That one side of the pitch with the exec boxes btw :lol:

Aye and nowt else. Looked like a glorified allotment patch, all rows of greenhouses.

:lol:

spot on that

luton3.jpg

edit; too slow once again!

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Luton Town. Couldn't stand them. Horrible Tory bastard MP as a director, away fan ban, plastic pitch, ID cards for their fans and Steve Foster and Mick Harford and David Pleat. What was there to like?*

*Apart from from Kenny Wharton and Gazza taking the piss?

The poppy on the shirt IS NOT a political statement.

tbf it is actually. It's not an internationally recognised symbol such as the red cross.

And as someone reminded me earlier, Cameron was derided for wearing a poppy when he was in China where it's considered to be an insult - reference to the drug trade.

They didn't even look double glazed. I went there in 94 when they put us out the Cup, and straight up the door to get to the stand was like walking in someones hoose.

Bet CT doesn't know wtf we're on about btw ;)

I get the impression CT's knowledge is pretty good from about 78 to 82 then it stops for a bit, because he knows players I've hardly even heard of from that era.

They didn't even look double glazed. I went there in 94 when they put us out the Cup, and straight up the door to get to the stand was like walking in someones hoose.

Never been like although I remember that match. On Sky wasn't it? John Hartson only played because they had a load of injuries and he tore us a new arsehole and made a name for himself. Filbert Street was like that though, i.e. like you were going into someone's house. That was a dump.

Never been like although I remember that match. On Sky wasn't it? John Hartson only played because they had a load of injuries and he tore us a new arsehole and made a name for himself. Filbert Street was like that though, i.e. like you were going into someone's house. That was a dump.

Barry Venison bicycle kick clearance off the line. One of those games you knew we were going to lose iyam.

Aye last time I went there Shearer kicked Neil Lennon in the head, and I didn't even know he'd done it till I got the paper in the morning that's how shit the view was. Animals Leicester fans too.

I think it's widely accepted now that the FA is kicking up such a stink about this to deflect from the whole Rooney/Terry/England are shit saga.

Releasing a statement to outline what they were probably planning on doing in the first place doesn't earn them extra brownie points as far as I'm concerned.

FIFA are right what they say imo