Newcastle United vs Everton match thread

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey sweeney how come your austrailian sign is upsidedown lol

It's a play on 'down under'. It's the same for Oz Toon Fan.

whats it mean down under is it like your below us or something

Given the changes before and during this game this is an extremely impressive result.

Absolutely agree, might not have been pretty but it has to go into the outstanding result category

Yes, something like that.

So, who wants the Mackems to win this afternoon?

Yes, something like that.

So, who wants the Mackems to win this afternoon?

not me i dont if anything a draw or a loss i know it will nock us down to third again but hey been in 3rd is amazing

Let's just say that second half wasn't exactly a vintage performance and leave it at that.

Guthrie has done well as Tiote's stand-in. Marveaux seemed very lively and dangerous throughout - hope he's not been hurt too badly by that pathetic tackle from Heitinga. Good defence again from Jonas, Best was quite poor and Ba didn't look his usual sharp self.

Lucky we've got the international break now to help us with these injuries and knocks.

Hatem seems to be disgruntled.

He just wants to play I think. I'd take it as a positive sign rather than any sort of discord between the two.

It looked like he asked Pards when he could come on....

We'll win the next 3, no fucking problem.

Even if we get smashed off them, we can't end up lower than, what, 7th or 8th or so even in the worst case scenario? Fine work.

Think we might nick something off Chelsea. The mental space the team are now in is awesome.

Saha reminds me of Oba. Trys to hit every shot with power and when he hits it sweetly he looks like a world beater, but more often than not he scuffs it and looks utter shit.

Indeed, good comparison.

In the end, we won because Everton were poo. Don't mind Everton, if only because of Cahill. They'll be alright though, despite current position.

Thought Jonas was horrible going forward today, but fantastic at the back near the end especially when we were struggling. Amazing effort by Colo and co. again as well, hell never thought I'd see Newcastle defend like this! Needed a fair bit of luck for despite all that today though. Sammy seemed more like an Ameobi today than Shola does, legs all over the place!

Just dont get why Ben Arfa didnt start today instead of Marveaux, not that Marveaux didnt do well, but given Obertan's injury it really should have been Ben Arfa into the team. That might have to do more with his disgruntlement than not getting into a winning team etc etc.

Loving the way we are winning even when not playing too well, you could see half the lads were dead tired today but put in a great shift nonetheless! Long may it continue. Bring on City! :nufc:

Thought Jonas was horrible going forward today, but fantastic at the back near the end especially when we were struggling. Amazing effort by Colo and co. again as well, hell never thought I'd see Newcastle defend like this! Needed a fair bit of luck for despite all that today though. Sammy seemed more like an Ameobi today than Shola does, legs all over the place!

Just dont get why Ben Arfa didnt start today instead of Marveaux, not that Marveaux didnt do well, but given Obertan's injury it really should have been Ben Arfa into the team. That might have to do more with his disgruntlement than not getting into a winning team etc etc.

Loving the way we are winning even when not playing too well, you could see half the lads were dead tired today but put in a great shift nonetheless! Long may it continue. Bring on City! :nufc:

are you kidding about sammy? he managed to get to the byline nearly everytime he picked it up he was a great outlet and ate up plenty of time at the end in doing so.

as for the Marv v ben arfa argument, ben arfa was anonymous as a starter against blackburn while today marveaux was good, ran well, worked hard and looked a good player, Ben arfa isnt an out and out winger and pardew clearly isnt going to use him as one, the sooner people get this the better, other than his reputation why do people think ben arfa should be getting in automatically because it cant be based on performances