Jimmy Savile

The Mighty Hog

Stinks to me like the coppers new what fatty mcalpine was up to all over the place and were keen to get someone to testify against him. If he is a deviant its a shame he comes out of a stitch up looking so rosy.

If it was a stich up then do you not think they would have done a better job? Even the most basic of facts appear to have been incorrect.

If it was a stich up then do you not think they would have done a better job? Even the most basic of facts appear to have been incorrect.

Given the time between the conversation with the victim and the story coming out I thought it might be an angle they were pursuing at the time to get a known wrong un, but gave up on this case due to lack of evidence, real or concocted.

Given the time between the conversation with the victim and the story coming out I thought it might be an angle they were pursuing at the time to get a known wrong un, but gave up on this case due to lack of evidence, real or concocted.

Or the accuser saw a rich Tory and thought he could make a few quid out of him?

The BBC's Director General has resigned. Cant beleive some of the top brass at Newsnight wont be far behind him.

After less than two months in charge. Maybe he isn't the war time DG needed right now for what's about to erupt.

Having watched his resignation speech, on the face of it, it is entirely ridiculous that this dickhead is standing down after just two months.

There's more than meets the eye here.

Course there is. I've no doubts it was hoped that hoying Saville, Glitter and Starr in the firing line would be enough to satisfy the unwashed masses clamouring for an investigation until the next episode of X Factor. That hasn't worked so the next stage is discrediting anyone that speaks up.

The Mail has a cracking piece today suggesting Saville was the Yorkshire Rippers right hand man :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231263/If-Id-known-Ripper-Id-tried-Frank-Brunos-regret-Savile-forced-shake-hands-Yorkshire-Ripper-Broadmoor.html

Thought it was already in his contract that that is what he'd get and that it's cheaper than if he was sacked. Although it ends any notion that he was doing the hounourable thing by going.

And I wouldn't defend the beeb's handling of any of this for a minute but the toxic media in this country make me sick. There's hundreds of people, mainly kids, who've been the victims of abuse and the focus is now on how much damage can be done to the reputation of the BBC.

Exactly and it's pure opportunism anyway. The future of newspapers (if not the present) is the internet and the BBC have, in effect, one of the biggest and best free online newspapers in the world.

Thats what it is, the competative advantage the licence fee gives the beeb over everyone else that really bothers them. The trouble is, until the Saville thing the beeb could take the moral high ground...you'd never find them supporting Hitler or bugging the phones of murder victim's families. But now it looks very much like they were protecting a known paedophile for decades...only themsleves to blame.

it's crazy that entwistle didn't find about the newsnight report until the day after it went out. he's supposed to be editor in chief. there is root and branch structual reform needed. arguably the director general shoudl be the editor in chief instead of trying to be a chief execvutive too.

the problem with the beeb is it's trying to be somehing it isn't. it's become to big and bloated with way too much money being spent on celebrity presenters when there are fuck loads of better qualified hacks there that could do better job.

• 2 weeks later...