Who's had the easiest start?

Happy Face

Sadly, not as much credit as I'd hoped was actually due in the end was it?

Ultimately, in addition to my Villa bet that didn't come in, nothing from that lot would have come in if I had money on them. Close enough for me to give it another go this season though. I've set up my spreadsheet and after 10 games or so I'm going to place my bets based on who's had the easiest and hardest starts. Fingers crossed.Here's what it looks like right now without all the actual numbers to work out the averages....

9ig4qv.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3025iz6.jpg

Quarter of the way through the season so I'm gonna place my bets.

Newcastle have had the hardest start of anyone in the top half, FACT ;) we may only be 10th off it, and performances might not be what we'd want (they weren't last year though either) so I'm gonna have £20 on us finishing top 6 at 10/3.

The only other top half team that's had more difficult games than easy ones is Man U, and they're still up there in second. Despite Man City not losing a game yet and Chelsea being top, I'm going to have a tenner on Man U for the title. 7/4

I don't actually think West Ham will go down. They'll go bottom half if they couldn't do any more than they have with their piss easy start, but Allardyce knows how to grind out results against good teams as well as shit teams. That said, in for a penny....i'm gonna have £10 on them dropping at 10/1 anyway.

Everton are always shit out of the blocks and it's clear why they've fared better this season than any of Moyes' previous years in charge. Not really any bet worth taking with them though, they'll drop out of the top 6, but not much lower.

Swansea have had the easiest start of anyone in the bottom half. They may be pushing the top 10 close at the moment from it, but I'm going to have a tenner on them going down at 4/1.

Have to have a look at an accumulator on all that happening too :lol:

• 11 months later...

Got some right last year, got some badly wrong. Finished up on the bookies off my Man U bet. So this years current standings...

Average position of opposition for every team in the league...

Aston Villa 6.5

Norwich 7.3

Cardiff 8.5

West Ham 9.0

Swansea 9.3

Man Utd 9.6

Sunderland 9.6

Crystal palace 9.7

Newcastle 10.4

Hull 10.5

Everton 10.6

West Brom 10.6

fulham 10.9

Stoke City 11.0

Man City 11.5

Chelsea 11.6

Tottenham 11.8

Liverpool 12.8

Southampton 13.1

Arsenal 13.9

Unfortunately, the bookies aren't convinced by Arsenal either so there's little value in Chelsea or man City. I'm gonna have Fulham and Stoke to be relegated at 3/1 and 4/1 respectively. Like to think Stoke will go the journey based on having the easiest start of anyone outside the top 6 but still only 1 point clear of relegation spots...and with the longer odds.

Newcastle have had the hardest start of anyone in the top half, FACT ;) we may only be 10th off it, and performances might not be what we'd want (they weren't last year though either) so I'm gonna have £20 on us finishing top 6 at 10/3.

:lol:

Only Man u have had a harder start from the other teams in the top half this season anaarl.

Not daft enough to make this bet a second time though.

Without checking I thought swansea had the hardest start this year.

Last season Swansea took 11 points from 16 games against the top 8.

This season they have had a hard start, but going on last seasons form they should still have taken 3 or 4 points from those 5 games against top 8 teams. They've only managed 1 so far this time around though. I think Laudrup is gonna suffer in his sophomore season.

This season they have had a hard start, but going on last seasons form they should still have taken 3 or 4 points from those 5 games against top 8 teams. They've only managed 1 so far this time around though. I think Laudrup is gonna suffer in his sophomore season.

On another planet compared to Pardclue. [/thetrapisset]

I hope he does too. Thought he came across as a wanker on MOTD 2, claiming our efforts in the Europa league should not have affected our domestic league form when thats exactly what happened to him in Spain. People tend to forget, despite public personas that top footballers tend to be arrogant cocks.

It was the way he said it too, as if Pardew was just some moron and if he was a high intellectual European thinker like him, we would have been fine. He's a far better manager than Pardew from what i've seen but its all been rosy and going in the right direction so far. If Michu's goals dry up they could have a difficult second season. Think he will keep them much further away from the relegation zone than Pardew managed if it does go wrong though.