That was some weird game

peasepud

Tranmere v Toon, October 1991 6-6

this game had it all, a hat trick each for Micky Quinn and John Aldridge, two absolutely terrible back passes (check out the one at 1:02 :lol:) and the first one at 0:17 from Robbie Elliott

after extra time, we lost on penalties (surprise surprise) with Clarkie and Quinn both missing theirs. Not that anyone really cared, this was the Zenith Data Systems cup after all!

If I'm not mistaken this was the first EVER game that Newcastle were on Sky. Even under Ashley younguns have it cushy compared to those days, Clarkie was probably our star player and he was 19. John Aldridge's pens used to piss me off, they never ever got pulled up neither cheating bindipping cunt.

If I'm not mistaken this was the first EVER game that Newcastle were on Sky. Even under Ashley younguns have it cushy compared to those days, Clarkie was probably our star player and he was 19. John Aldridge's pens used to piss me off, they never ever got pulled up neither cheating bindipping cunt.

I think you're right. I remember watching it at my lass at the time's house, they'd just had B SKY B (as it was then) put in that week. The aerials were white square things.

I could be wrong but wasnt one of the sky pundits that night Alan Hansen?... It was definetly the first game I watched on sky, and they were all bumming themselves up..'ooh we were laughed at for screening this competition by the press but we knew it would be great blah blah blah'...self aggrandising wankers even in those days...