Newcastle 1-0 Wigan

LeazesMag

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly a vintage game there, but Cabaye's goal was one for the highlight reel. Get. In.

Obertan was useless and hopefully Pardew has finally got the message. Marveaux was hardly on the pitch but showed he has football intelligence by providing a good assist for Cabaye. HBA was decent, glad to see he's getting more playing time. Good shot that was well saved - wish he'd pass a bit more.

Simpson was really great today and may have had his best performance in black and white. He really bounced back from how awful he was on Sunday. Perhaps the introduction of Santon last week gave him the idea that his place is no longer 100% guaranteed, and that can only be a motivator for him.

Bring on Stoke!

I was gonna say Marveux did more with ball usage and postional sense in 10 mins than alien breed did all match.

Yes Obertan is young but to me it doesnt seem like he has a fotballing head to change his ways. Its like expecting someone at Maccy D`s to suddenly go to law school....

There's hope for him then…

I agree with the trainee below, (in corporate firms at least) we are treated terribly and as such would strongly advise people who can do something else to do it and not beat themselves up about not qualifying...I would love to quit but would owe too much money to my firm (since they paid the LPC and living costs). I can only compare my current experience (in terms of how I am being treated) to when I was 16 and working at McDonalds!

http://juniorlawyers.lawsociety.org.uk/node/655

:lol: Consider your chips pissed on.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

What did I tell you all about Obertan. Never doubt my judgement.

I started a thread on it Ming.

I'd already stated he was shit by then, and you still had to ask 'is he crap?'. You must have lost conviction after Avram gone.

Great 3 points anyway, we just had too many players with that extra bit of quality: Cabaye, HBA, Marveaux

What did I tell you all about Obertan. Never doubt my judgement.

I started a thread on it Ming.

I'd already stated he was shit by then, and you still had to ask 'is he crap?'. You must have lost conviction after Avram gone.

Great 3 points anyway, we just had too many players with that extra bit of quality: Cabaye, HBA, Marveaux

Please find the kindness within you to forgive my proclivities in this matter. :)

Good win, not our best performance. Cabaye improved when Ben Arfa came on and he had someone with a little more movement to link up with. We havent worked out perfectly how to deal with 5 in midfield. I also thought it was good work by Pardew to bring Shola on as with Ba playing upfront the ball wasn't sticking, in fact he used all the subs pretty well. Thought Ryan Taylor actually had quite a good game. I'd be temtpted to play him right back ahead of Simpson when santon is considered ready.

Also, it's a really shit rule that the ref has to send anyone who is bleeding off the pitch. Taylor was clearly absolutely fine to play on, why is it the refs prerogative to take us down to ten men? Seems a completely arbitrary rule to me. Does anyone know the logic behind it?

Hopefully Marveux and Ben Arfa start vs Stoke, Obertan was woeful today.

You're not wrong. I though Best was unlucky to come off at half time. He'd been far more active than Ba who spent most of the game on the wing or strolling into the box as a cross was coming in

Good win, not our best performance. Cabaye improved when Ben Arfa came on and he had someone with a little more movement to link up with. We havent worked out perfectly how to deal with 5 in midfield. I also thought it was good work by Pardew to bring Shola on as with Ba playing upfront the ball wasn't sticking, in fact he used all the subs pretty well. Thought Ryan Taylor actually had quite a good game. I'd be temtpted to play him right back ahead of Simpson when santon is considered ready.

Also, it's a really shit rule that the ref has to send anyone who is bleeding off the pitch. Taylor was clearly absolutely fine to play on, why is it the refs prerogative to take us down to ten men? Seems a completely arbitrary rule to me. Does anyone know the logic behind it?

Aids and hepatitis I believe

good 3 points, if a little shaky.

I wouldn't have posted such a bland and obvious statement, but I'm in a rush and would hate to think anyone keeping an eye on these things thinks I'm dodging a match thread after victory.

x

good 3 points, if a little shaky.

I wouldn't have posted such a bland and obvious statement, but I'm in a rush and would hate to think anyone keeping an eye on these things thinks I'm dodging a match thread after victory.

x

:lol: I keep you on your toes.

Guest Your Name Here

Yes Obertan is young but to me it doesnt seem like he has a fotballing head to change his ways. Its like expecting someone at Maccy D`s to suddenly go to law school....

In footballing terms he’s past the learning the basics stage. He’s more likely to start slipping into anonymity than miraculously develop an instinctive awareness.

Can’t get my head around our unbeaten run. Everything has gone our way and we’ve had a relatively easy run but it’s getting close to the stage where expectations will have to be raised and qualifying for Europe becomes a very realistic target. How we fair during the big three run and how we respond if we lose all three will probably define the remainder of the season.

You're not wrong. I though Best was unlucky to come off at half time. He'd been far more active than Ba who spent most of the game on the wing or strolling into the box as a cross was coming in

Ba wants to consider himself lucky that his poster hasn't come down off me wall after today - fancy wearing gloves on a day like today man .

I took one third of the Blutak off his pic and he's treading a fine line .

Ba wants to consider himself lucky that his poster hasn't come down off me wall after today - fancy wearing gloves on a day like today man .

I took one third of the Blutak off his pic and he's treading a fine line .

How old are you? :lol:

Guest CabayeAye

Pardew is really starting to piss me off now not starting Santon, Marveaux amd Ben Arfa. Is he not seeing the same Simpson and Obertan that we are?!

How long before Ben Arfa becomes pissed off and wants away?

Winning formula my arse. Scraped a win against the worst team in the division, but only once we brought Marv and Ben Arfa on.

If he leaves Santon, Marveaux or Ben Arfa on the bench for our next game, I'll go grassy knoll on Pardew's ass.

Ba wants to consider himself lucky that his poster hasn't come down off me wall after today - fancy wearing gloves on a day like today man . I took one third of the Blutak off his pic and he's treading a fine line .
How old are you? :lol:

Whaddyamean ? You're not telling me you haven't got a few posters here n there ? It's better than looking at a boring old wall anyway :huh:

One of me mates has still got a John Burridge poster on his wall . Age shouldn't come into it ?