Newcastle 1-0 Wigan

LeazesMag

Subs and Wigan's starting eleven:

[quote

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#wigan #nufc Al Habsi, Boyce, Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa, Diame, Watson, Jones,Moses, Rodallega, Crusat.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Subs: Harper, Santon, Perch, Smith, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Shola Ameobi]

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy with the line up too. They should have enough to beat them, but we have match winners on the bench.

I can see why he doesnt change it but that starting line up effectively lost against Spurs as he had to change it to get a point out the game. He will also change the 11 for the cup game mid-week so see no reason why he cant change the 11 despite the team being unbeaten. Its fair enough and probably the correct thing to do management wise but am desperate to see Ben Arfa start.

Happy with the line up too. They should have enough to beat them, but we have match winners on the bench.

I can see why he doesnt change it but that starting line up effectively lost against Spurs as he had to change it to get a point out the game. He will also change the 11 for the cup game mid-week so see no reason why he cant change the 11 despite the team being unbeaten. Its fair enough and probably the correct thing to do management wise but am desperate to see Ben Arfa start.

Same, Ben Arfa and Santon starting would make it so much more enjoyable from the start for me. But I understand why he keeps the not-so-amazing players like Obertan and Simpson on the pitch.

As has been said, this is exactly the type of game we'd slip up on previously. I still think it could be tighter than some but reckon we'll come away with 3 pts.

Guest CabayeAye

Pardew is really starting to piss me off now not starting Santon, Marveaux amd Ben Arfa. Is he not seeing the same Simpson and Obertan that we are?!

How long before Ben Arfa becomes pissed off and wants away?

Pardew is really starting to piss me off now not starting Santon, Marveaux amd Ben Arfa. Is he not seeing the same Simpson and Obertan that we are?!

we havent lost yet though and while thats the case they are excellent options off the bench

why change a winning formula?

Guest CabayeAye

we havent lost yet though and while thats the case they are excellent options off the bench

why change a winning formula?

If Man U benched Rooney, Nani and Vidic and played their next best players they'd probably still be top 4. But by playing their best players, they could be top.

Our team isn't perhaps the best formula. Didn't win against Spurs last time out, and it was only once the subs were on, we sparked into life.

but by what measure are Marveaux (who I guess you want in for obertan despite being a left winger not right) Santon and Ben Arfa absolutely certain to improve us?

I'll give you ben arfa but the other two arent guaranteed to make us better, theyve barely featured at all in fact how much do we know about them really?

lol you're clutching at straws a bit there andrew, Santon is easily better than Simpson or Ryan Taylor no matter what side he plays on.

Both of them are hopeless

yet we're 4th with the joint best defensive record in the league, theyre both crap, I have no disagreement there but we can't all sit here and be certain that a 20 year old italian who quite possibly doesn't speak particularly good english yet, which will be important in keeping the defence as a unit is going to just slot in and improve us, while we're in the form we're in why change it? or at least why get angry at pardew for not changing it?

Obertan is doing my head in, to think Jonas used to frustrate me with his panicked running with no end product, obertan can't even do that bit.

Spot on. At least Best has actually kept the ball for the first time now, but I'm firmly in the Obertan is crap camp right now

speak good English? half our team don't speak good english yet lol including the captain who is organising the defence.

In a way i can't wait till we get back to a normal position so people stop bringing up "but omg our record and we're 4th" we've played no one decent, and the barely decent ones either had a shocker or we were lucky.

We sound like a "Hull/Reading/Blackpool for europe! they're brilliant" team at the minute and we all know what happened there.

you cannot argue playing ryan taylor at left back is better than risking the italian international with champions league experience, just because taylor hasn't fucked it up yet.

mm, I probably would play him if it was me in charge, I challenge however "Pardew is really starting to piss me off now" while we've got good form going

where've I said owt like the hull/reading/blackpool thing? All Ive said is that we're doing well and we dont need to change it right now, keep them as good subs til theyre really getting into the team, we dont see what theyre like in training and im willing to give pardew the benefit of the doubt given how well we are doing.

This happened last time when I had the discussion with cabayeaye who decided because I didnt see a left winger replacing obertan as a great idea that I was im some raging fanboy idiot and making things up percieved meaning rather than actually just accepting that Im being perfectly reasonable but not agreeing with them

I may as well start a signature going of things people have said Ive said that I havent, Ive at least 4 good ones now

Edited by Semimental