Tamas Kadar

Monroe Transfer

Tbh I didnt think he showed that much promise when he did get a game in the Championship. Seems to me that people are just looking for him to make the step-up because we have no other CB prospect, unfortunately.

Didn't he get like 13 games i CCC? Where none of those matches were defeats.... That's a pretty neat achievement for a CH. Wish I'd seen him play ONE PL game at least before his contract is out, and could you imagine any better chances for him to prove his worth than now?

I cant imagine that stat is entirely down to him though

he gets chances to prove his worth in training and reserve matches every week and obviously the coaches and manager don't think hes much cop, I'll trust their judgement on this one rather than the fevered imaginings about a diamond in the rough who will appear and take the league by storm.

guys shit, deal with it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he must be pretty shit if he can't get a game at centre back ahead of perch and simpson

He could also be very talented, but not rated by Pardew because he lacks the important experience from PL, like Perch and Simpson has. I think Pardew defo made a mistake against Norwich because he chose to rely on Perch and Simpson's experience rather than their skillset.

Tbh I didnt think he showed that much promise when he did get a game in the Championship. Seems to me that people are just looking for him to make the step-up because we have no other CB prospect, unfortunately.

Didn't he get like 13 games i CCC? Where none of those matches were defeats.... That's a pretty neat achievement for a CH. Wish I'd seen him play ONE PL game at least before his contract is out, and could you imagine any better chances for him to prove his worth than now?

I cant imagine that stat is entirely down to him though

he gets chances to prove his worth in training and reserve matches every week and obviously the coaches and manager don't think hes much cop, I'll trust their judgement on this one rather than the fevered imaginings about a diamond in the rough who will appear and take the league by storm.

guys shit, deal with it.

Yup, IMO people are just clinging to the hope he's good cos hes the only youth CB we've got.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/12/12/if-our-center-backs-were-big-and-massive-it-could-have-been-different/

If Our Center-Backs Were Big And Massive It Could Have Been Different

9:02 am, Monday, December 12th, 2011 by Ed Harrison · 12 Comments

Demba Ba has given a good interview to the local press this morning, and he seems to have hit the nail on the head about Newcastle’s performance on Saturday.

tamas-kadar-987-300x168.jpg

Tamas Kadar – is this player not better than Simspon or Perch?

Ba has said that we were missing our two center-backs and if the replacements had been big and massive and could have headed the ball away, it could have all been different.

That’s so true and what the synopsis of the match has been, because when we saw Simpson and Perch were in the team, we asked ourselves before the game where was the height in the middle and who was going to head the ball away.

Of course the answer was nobody, and we went down to a bad defeat simply because we don’t have a strong enough squad, once out best players are injured.

And I wouldn’t like to be Tamas Kadar today, because if the Hungarian is no better than either Perch or Simpson, then it seems he has no future on Tyneside, and what happened to Tamas is still a bit of a mystery.

And it’s not as if we are blaming Simpson (5’8″) or Perch (5′ 11″) either, because they are not center-backs, and were asked to do a big job on Saturday and they just couldn’t get the job done.

Yohan Cabaye couldn’t have done any better either, if Alan had played him at center-back, although maybe Davide Santon could have since he is 6′ 2″ tall, the same height as Kadar.

The season might start to unravel now unless we can get back on track against Swansea on Saturday, and this is what Demba Ba said when asked if indeed the season was starting to unravel:

“We’re not going to let that happen.” “We’ll make sure we will prepare our game and we’re going to go onto the pitch to win the game.” “We need to win.” ”It’s difficult to get into the top four,”

“Have you seen the teams? They’re unbelievable. If we can make it into the top half of the table we’ll be happy.” “I don’t think we had a good game as a team, we could have been better,”

“We conceded the goals at a bad moment and those goals put our heads down.” “It was difficult coming into the match with so many injuries. We lost our best players last week in Coloccini and Taylor and started with a brand new defense.”

“If our center-backs were big, massive and could head the ball it could have been different. That was the key. They were playing long balls and it was difficult for Danny Simpson to compete against Grant Holt or against Steve Morison.”

“We have Williamson who is on his way back, we have Coloccini who will be fit for next week, Cheick Tioté as well. If we have our full squad – minus Marveaux and Taylor – we’ll be okay.”

“It could have been different with 11 on the pitch, it’s not easy – we learned that the previous week – but we just don’t know how it would have turned out,” ”I don’t think I’ve been on a better run of scoring,”

“I had a good period in Belgium with Mouscron when I scored eight in ten games. I just try to enjoy it, keep working hard and enjoying playing football.” “I expected from myself to do well. I was prepared for that.”

“I was also prepared for the battles we will face as a team this season.”

Good words there from the 26 year-old Senegal striker, who’s been a tremendous capture for Newcastle and now has 11 PL goals in just 16 appearances this season.

Demba Ba looked simply great on Saturday and scored two opportunist goals, and they could have been the winners if Newcastle could only have defended anywhere near their best.

But we couldn’t, and it tells the Newcastle hierarchy that we need at least one new center-back and probably another defender, when the transfer window opens next month, in three weeks time.

Once we know who is brought in, it will give us all a clue as to how Mike Ashley will be backing Alan Pardew to strengthen the squad, and whether he is actually willing to spend any money.

Strengthening of the squad is obviously what’s needed, and the sooner the better.

Look man, they see Kadar every day in training the very fact that Simpson and Perch aren't really tall enough to play the CB position should tell you that they obviously don't like what they see with Kadar. Don't bother bringing up his International caps either it means nothing at all, players like David fucking Nugent have England caps. Aye he's 6' 2" but he's not a big lad, his 13 appearances in the Championship doesn't mean an awful lot either the fact is Hughton brought in Perch so he must not have rated Kadar and the other youth prospects too highly either.

Why haven't we been on the lookout for new youngsters now then? Obviously we have been trusting guys like Kadar to rise until now, seeing good things in him that has made us lazy about securing other prospects... prospects usually come cheaply aswell.

EDIT: Just utter RETARDMENT, is that what this is all about??

Edited by Aeris

Because it's not easy, we've got prospects in our youth like Richardson and at CB Tavernier is supposedly good but we'd loaned him out and were unable to recall him. The fact they've not renewed Kadars contract sort of shows they no longer have faith in him, they no doubt thought he was good but we don't know any circumstances maybe his progress stalled or maybe he's lazy it could be anything. They are definitely looking it's just a difficult task.

You go with the player that has had the most experience at the level you're at unless they're a youngster you have a lot of faith in ala Sammy (and to an extent, Ferguson). In cases like this, when have we been calling for a player to play that hasn't done, that has proceeded to leave and be amazing elsewhere? Majority of clubs wouldn't have played untested youth against Chelsea unless forced or they were something special.

Youngsters are sometimes shit and don't grow into the players the scouts may have originally thought. I bet we're signing younguns all the time. I literally can't believe this has to be explained to this kid.

HERE MAN! Kadars the bestest CB we've got even though I've only seen him twice.

PARDEW OUT!

Youngsters are sometimes shit and don't grow into the players the scouts may have originally thought. I bet we're signing younguns all the time. I literally can't believe this has to be explained to this kid.

PARDEW OUT!

hew if you think he's good, wait til you cop a load of Stephen Folan up front.

PARDEW OUT!

:lol: I wonder if people will be calling for Adam Campbell when we lose Ba to the ACN.

http://www.nufcblog....e-at-newcastle/

Tamas Kadar – why is this lad not being given a chance?

That’s because, without both Fab Coloccini, Steven Taylor and Mike Williamson o Saturday, our fourth specialized center-back couldn’t even make the bench at Carrow Road.

And surely that cannot bode well for the 21 year-old Hungarian’s future on Tyneside.

This is what Alan Pardew recently said about the Hungarian center-back, who has also played at left-back for Newcastle:

“Tamas is an option for us. He has played well for the reserves,”

“He is a player who has not had many opportunities and is looking to kick start his Newcastle career.”

“We have had one or two who have come out of the woodwork here, who were supposedly not meant to be in the frame. Ryan Taylor is a prime example.”

“So there is no reason why Tamas can’t come into the side and do very, very well."

This specific quote was from last Saturday, according to our records, but Tamas will have a good chance to impress the Newcastle manager this afternoon when the Reserves take on Bolton at Whitley Park, behind closed doors.

And we also expect Mike Williamson to start that game, as he tries to get fully match for to take his place in the first team, but Pardew said yesterday it would be tough for Mike, who turned 28 last month, to make it as early as this Saturday afternoon, when Swansea come a calling.

With Simpson and Perch not doing well together last Saturday, especially when crosses came in, we have to think that a good solid performance from Kadar this afternoon could put him in the frame, and even a chance to start alongside Fab Coloccini on Saturday.

But we half expect Alan Pardew to stick with James Perch, whom he seems to rate, and play him out of position for the second game running.

Even though Alan says Tamas has a chance, he wasn’t even on the bench last Saturday and at 6’2″ could have added much needed height and heading ability to the central defense.

We’ll have to see how Tamas does, but we wonder if Alan Pardew really rates the lad whose contract runs out in the summer.

One interesting fact about Tamas is that he has never been on the losing side for the Magpies in each of his 13 appearances in the league, and he has made 18 total appearances for Newcastle.

The Newcastle fans seem to be right behind the 21 year-old and on November 23rd we ran this poll:

Can Tamas Kadar Save His Newcastle Career?

• Yes (63%, 572 Votes)
  • No (20%, 184 Votes)
  • Not Sure (17%, 151 Votes)

Total Voters: 907

Kadar played 16 times during the promotion season, and has two full caps for Hungary, and he has always looked good when he’s appeared in the first team, and was always calm and collected at the back.

Surely he cannot have gone that much backwards over the last eighteen months or so?

What do you think?

Edited by Aeris

For me it comes down to the fact that there is nothing to lose by playing Kadar.

Simpson and Perch were given a chance and failed miserably. Perch has been given an absurd amount of chances given his performances. Other options must now be looked into.

Exactly, it can't be worse, only better. We are facing less headstrong players from Swansea though, so the need of height won't be so dear, but when I see Perch he lacks about everything when it comes defending...

PARDEW OUT!

I cannit wait man, just look at him man, he's dreamy man! Om nom nom

article-0-0B3FE7CD00000578-853_470x288.jpg

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

PARDEW OUT!

I cannit wait man, just look at him man, he's dreamy man! Om nom nom

article-0-0B3FE7CD00000578-853_470x288.jpg

Is that Leon Best to the right?? Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand the comments made here, but he is apparently the captain of the reserves. I know that does not have a bearing on his ability, necessarily, but it seems a strange honour for someone in whom the Manager has no confidence. I have not seen him play, so can't judge whether he would have made a difference.

However, it just beggars belief that when Williamson got a long term injury before the end of the transfer window, proper back-up plans were not put in place - and I don't mean last minute unsuccessful bids.