Most exciting thing you have done today?

Jan

Wasn't quite today, but on Monday I officially became the world's sexiest male recipient of a pacemaker! The sexiest female recipient is the blonde wifey off Modern Family. Got out of hospital yesterday - the NHS are amazing btw.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't quite today, but on Monday I officially became the world's sexiest male recipient of a pacemaker! The sexiest female recipient is the blonde wifey off Modern Family. Got out of hospital yesterday - the NHS are amazing btw.

Srsly?

Glad it went ok, mate. Were you at the Freeman?

Cheers mate. Nah I was at Wansbeck. The accent half an hour up the road is mint. :lol:

Aye Barney, serious. Had these dizzy spells a while back, got sent to the hospital to check it wasn't anything to do with my heart. Anyway, unrelated to the dizzy spells they discovered that I've got this thing called heart block, where my heart will pause every now and again (for 5 to 6 seconds on average). Concern is that that time gets longer so you might pass out, or that it doesnt kick back in at all. So under the knife I went! It's basically just an insurance against the block thing.

:lol: it wasn't too bad. Local anaesthetic like so there were a few unpleasant moments where you can feel the wires snaking through your insides. The worst bit was when he was trying to create a pocket to stick the box in, between the muscle and the skin by basically just yanking the skin and muscle apart.

Now officially bionic :superman: Get well soon. xxx

Bloody hell Bianca :o I'm glad you are ok, how lucky that they found the problem in the first place! I wouldnt have fancied that being done under a local either, though I suppose recovery is much quicker.

Take it easy sweetie. xx

Cheers Sammy! The nurse reckoned 3 weeks, but I'm just gonna see how I feel at the end of next week. Can't use one arm much in case I pull the leads out me heart, so no point rushing back.

Aye, take it easy man. I know thered be little danger of you storming back into work the next day but joking aside you can't mess about with your health so get her waiting on you hand and foot.

Cheers all! And aye Bev, it was canny fortunate that the dizziness led to them finding this thing. It wouldn't necessarily have led to anything, but better safe than dead in me sleep!

Sammy I'm not moving off the sofa, it's mint! :lol:

They're hoping I won't use mine all that often, so they might get ten years out of it. I think on average it's around eight. Sounds like its the wires that are the pain to change - they scar in place, so riving them out isn't much fun. I think I'll take the general anaesthetic for that one.

They're hoping I won't use mine all that often, so they might get ten years out of it. I think on average it's around eight. Sounds like its the wires that are the pain to change - they scar in place, so riving them out isn't much fun. I think I'll take the general anaesthetic for that one.

Does that mean you can switch it on and off, or does it kick in if it senses you've missed a beat?