Steve Jobs

Ayatollah Hermione

Never heard of the CEO of the world's biggest corporation?

Sheltered life.

this is the bloke who flipped at me for not immediately remembering who santiago munez was :lol:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of the CEO of the world's biggest corporation?

Sheltered life.

Rex Tillerson you mean? ;) [/geek]

FYP :lol:

Be true if I'd actually known his name rather than just the company - Wiki does have some uses. :blush:

He appears to be highly innovative and influential and his company is a huge success due to him, but there were computers and personal music players before he started his career. His development of one of the first pcs is obviously a huge thing, but I think possibly hearing a radio signal for the first time or seeing primative tv images may have been more of a mind fuck for the public in general than going from sinclair spectrums and sony walkmans to Mac's and ipods.

My grandfather was born in the late 1800s and was unlucky enough to have seen service at the Battle of Ypres. He told my mother around the time I was born that he had also seen the first car in Scotland, it belonged to a local laird and he worked on the that particular estate as a gamekeeper. The year I was born he saw the first man on the moon and told my old dear that he couldnt beleive what he had seen in his lifetime. I do think that his generation was witness to changes in everyday life and scientific acheivement that just couldnt be imagined when he was a boy and far more than we've seen. Thats not to say that Jobs wasnt a techno and business genius, but what he acheived was pretty small beer compared to the changes of the late 19th and 20th centuries iyam.

Still, a sad passing, rip.

He appears to be highly innovative and influential and his company is a huge success due to him, but there were computers and personal music players before he started his career. His development of one of the first pcs is obviously a huge thing, but I think possibly hearing a radio signal for the first time or seeing primative tv images may have been more of a mind fuck for the public in general than going from sinclair spectrums and sony walkmans to Mac's and ipods.

My grandfather was born in the late 1800s and was unlucky enough to have seen service at the Battle of Ypres. He told my mother around the time I was born that he had also seen the first car in Scotland, it belonged to a local laird and he worked on the that particular estate as a gamekeeper. The year I was born he saw the first man on the moon and told my old dear that he couldnt beleive what he had seen in his lifetime. I do think that his generation was witness to changes in everyday life and scientific acheivement that just couldnt be imagined when he was a boy and far more than we've seen. Thats not to say that Jobs wasnt a techno and business genius, but what he acheived was pretty small beer compared to the changes of the late 19th and 20th centuries iyam.

Still, a sad passing, rip.

Well put, although to be fair, and without wanting to be disrespectful to your Granda, what would he have said if he managed to see the true modern wonder of you getting the round in? That is a real mind fuck!

:lol: at the pro Geordies claiming they haven't heard of him. :blush:

I'll fucking pro-Geordie, you! ;):icon_lol:

I know what you're getting at but it's also true!! I can't have been the only one to think how can a man's death be the main story on the news this morning when I've genuinely not heard of him before? Now I've heard of Bill Gates the computer multi billionaire so I'm not trying to be funny, just not this bloke.

I don't know a single person that doesn't own at least one apple device. I'm with Andrew. He was a great innovator, with a knack of spotting the next big trend; a product guy who could see what consumers wanted before they did and knew how to package, design and market the fuck out of a product. A great business man. The best CEO ever to come out of Silicon Valley. RIP.

(typed lying in bed on my iPad)

I don't know a single person that doesn't own at least one apple device. I'm with Andrew. He was a great innovator, with a knack of spotting the next big trend; a product guy who could see what consumers wanted before they did and knew how to package, design and market the fuck out of a product. A great business man. The best CEO ever to come out of Silicon Valley. RIP.

(typed lying in bed on my iPad)

A single person? Really? I know plenty, including myself. Never owned or installed a single Apple device/application, and I'm fine with that.

He did a lot but I think you're giving him too much credit - he didn't do all the work.