Amazon Kindle Fire

Anorthernsoul

3g rumoured to be early next year, will wait for that personally, a cloud based device that can't connect without wifi is a no go for me, everything else is really impressive though

The cloud is fucking useless on 3g until the mobile providers stop overcharging for data. 3g is good for web browsing and a very limited amount of content downloading. After that you'll have burned through your allowance. Forget streaming music or tv to any extent.

If you own a smart phone there is next to no point in owning a 3g tablet.

Edited by Gemmill

Tbf for £15pm 3 do a 10gig dongle

... ;)

Can't see the Kindle for anything other that a craze tbh.

Well that's plainly nonsense.

Agreed, best purchase I've made in a long time is my Kindle.

Tbf for £15pm 3 do a 10gig dongle

... ;)

Can't see the Kindle for anything other that a craze tbh.

Not really, eReaders have been around for years and never really dented the market. The Kindle sold around 6-7million units last year. That's mammoth when you consider a lot of people think reading as a hobby is strange

This opinion is looking woefully under-informed. :lol:

Shut it Cheech, i've seen and used one! I was admittedly curious to see what the fuss was about! ;) I know it's not backlit but it's still a screen so I just switch off if I try to read it.

Just not for me. The last gadget i owned was the original video ipod when i was 18.

Not really, eReaders have been around for years and never really dented the market. The Kindle sold around 6-7million units last year. That's mammoth when you consider a lot of people think reading as a hobby is strange

I think it's a great hobby tbh. But I personally like the feel of a paper copy. Each to their own an all that.

US only to start with.

For 200$ plus tax I'd not complain to much.

With regards to the 3G I've got a MiFi device through work so I'd be happy enough with just the WiFi.

Also with its size I can fit both my kindle and Fire in my girlfriends handbag no problem.

There's meant to be a 2nd generation Fire out soon so I'd hang fire. Apparently rush released this first one to get foothold the tablet marketplace .

I bought a refurbished Advent Vega off pc world's ebay site other month. Since put a Gingerbread rom on it and its canny for £125 . (Costs £140 but if say screenlock switch isn't working they give partial refund ;) )

There's meant to be a 2nd generation Fire out soon so I'd hang fire. Apparently rush released this first one to get foothold the tablet marketplace .

I bought a refurbished Advent Vega off pc world's ebay site other month. Since put a Gingerbread rom on it and its canny for £125 . (Costs £140 but if say screenlock switch isn't working they give partial refund :lol: )

aye its pretty much expected, hopefully over here fairly soon too

• 9 months later...