The French Connection

Park Life

From a French poster on NO:

Ben Arfa will be in every Laurent Blanc's selection if he can stay fit

Marveaux was knocking the door of the national team before his injury with Rennes last year

Cabaye seems to be a serious candidate for a starting 11 since his last match with France

Obertan leaved Bordeaux with a good reputation but is still "unproven" in France.

Abeid was called "the next Ben Arfa" when playing with Lens youngsters

:nufc:

• 2 weeks later...

There's a feature on us in a French magazine called "So Foot" there's only a guide of what's in the magazine:

http://www.sofoot.com/so-foot-n-90-les-ren...1-magazine.html

But according to a reporter:

Excellent #NUFC feature in So Foot out today: itws with Pardew, Cabaye, & interesting stuff with Graham Carr, Simon Stainrod on French mkt

Pardew on buying French: ‘There’s no racism. We just want best value. The French players on the market r younger & more technical’

Cabaye says Sibierski, Dumas, Rozenhal urged him to join: ‘They told me 'dont hesitate, despite what people, say Newcastle are a big club'.’

Pardew on competing with Arsenal for Ligue 1 talent: ‘Whenever we approach a player, Arsene Wenger is never very far away’

So far Cabaye looks very good, obertan looks like absolute shite.

I wouldn't be jumping up and down just yet, but if Marveau pans out given the glimpses we've had, and we can live with the better teams in the league, then I'd be more inclined agree with you.

So far Cabaye looks very good, obertan looks like absolute shite.

I wouldn't be jumping up and down just yet, but if Marveau pans out given the glimpses we've had, and we can live with the better teams in the league, then I'd be more inclined agree with you.

Sounds like more French players in the pipe.