Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United

2bias

Well, that was typical Newcastle :lol::jesuswept: However, while it's always disappointing to be knocked out of a cup and the League Cup is one we should be targeting as one we could win, given the quality of the sides still left in it, it would've been a very tough ask to do it this year.

I think it's obvious we don't have the squad to mount a challenge in the cups without a hefty helping of luck.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was typical Newcastle :lol::jesuswept: However, while it's always disappointing to be knocked out of a cup and the League Cup is one we should be targeting as one we could win, given the quality of the sides still left in it, it would've been a very tough ask to do it this year.
Very true.

I'm not too bothered although it's hard not to get excited when you come back in injury time. For the best though IMO.

It's a shame as I thought we could mount a decent cup challenge. But then it shows how thin our squad is in real quality throughout, although it's still better than last year. Still given the choice I'd rather we did well in the league than do a Birmingham.

Like I say, typical Toon. We'd have been better losing 2-0, but no, they've got to put us through the ringer :lol: Plenty time to recover before Stoke with it being the Monday night match though.

Thought their last goal was miles offside. Watched it on the telly this morning and although the camera angle was shit it still looked it.

But if we weren't so shite for most of the game it wouldn't have mattered.

We have a massive problem in defence if Taylor or Colo are out for any time as Perch is in the top five worst players I've ever seen play for us. He's absolutely terrified whenever the ball comes near him. And with good reason as he's fucking useless with it.

Last night also proved anyone who thinks we'll be fine without Tiote to be completely clueless. Guthrie actually did pretty well for him but it totally upset the midfield dynamic and we were much weaker.

If the new boys, Ben Arfa was totally anonymous and pretty poor on the ball on the few occasions he actually touched it. Marveaux looks very good on the ball and has a good eye for a pass but playing on the right he didn't seem at all interested in getting down the wing (which had looked like a strength of his in other games) witch was something we needed last night. As had been said Santon looked a little weak but I think this will be just him getting used to playing in this league. Going forward though he looked very promising, regularly pushing up alongside and past Jonas. Either way he looks miles better than Simpson who seems to get worse every game.

I agree re: Perch but apparently his second half show, and extra time were his best 75 minutes in black and white.

Thought their last goal was miles offside. Watched it on the telly this morning and although the camera angle was shit it still looked it.

We have a massive problem in defence if Taylor or Colo are out for any time as Perch is in the top five worst players I've ever seen play for us. He's absolutely terrified whenever the ball comes near him. And with good reason as he's fucking useless with it.

Last night also proved anyone who thinks we'll be fine without Tiote to be completely clueless. Guthrie actually did pretty well for him but it totally upset the midfield dynamic and we were much weaker.

If the new boys, Ben Arfa was totally anonymous and pretty poor on the ball on the few occasions he actually touched it. Marveaux looks very good on the ball and has a good eye for a pass but playing on the right he didn't seem at all interested in getting down the wing (which had looked like a strength of his in other games) witch was something we needed last night. As had been said Santon looked a little weak but I think this will be just him getting used to playing in this league. Going forward though he looked very promising, regularly pushing up alongside and past Jonas. Either way he looks miles better than Simpson who seems to get worse every game.

CT has started to cast doubts at the holy shrine of the Bafra.

Edited by Park Life

Good player but he's no Shane Ferguson.

My mate text me at half time at the match and said Ben Arfa's application was one of the biggest disgraces he'd ever seen.

My mate text me at half time at the match and said Ben Arfa's application was one of the biggest disgraces he'd ever seen.

That's not good obviously.

Do you have a theory behind it?

That's not good obviously.

Do you have a theory behind it?

I've got a theory but it's not appropriate for a family message board.

What about my unbeaten run question anyway, is it over or not? Probably best if it is really.

Well we did lose like :lol: I know what you're saying, i.e. after 90 minutes, but those constraints only apply to league games. They were clutching at this particular straw on Radio Newcastle.

What about my unbeaten run question anyway, is it over or not? Probably best if it is really.

Well we did lose like :lol: I know what you're saying, i.e. after 90 minutes, but those constraints only apply to league games. They were clutching at this particular straw on Radio Newcastle.

The game itself was a draw though no? I dont know, if i was Pardew i would be telling the players it was a draw to motivate them to keep it going. If we lost on penalties (which can be considered just like ET as a method of separating two teams) would be consider our unbeaten run to have ended?

I dont know really.

Think it's fine to say that as a motivational thing like. Likewise it's only one defeat in the last x amount of games now, so while the 'unbeaten' tag has gone (it probably was always going to be sooner rather than later when you look at the games coming up) keeping the good run going is the main thing.

If the new boys,

Makes me wish we'd given Abeid, Ferguson, and Kadar a chance. No idea what Pardew's thoughts are regarding the latter 2. Maybe they could have done and could still do a job in these positions that we looked weak in yesterday?

Barfa didnt look totally up for it at wigan either. I'm hoping its just nerves after his injury. But once he loses the ball, no back tracking, nothing. And if he has a quiet game like last night, then he is easily going to fall off the radar during games. Atm, impact sub for me.

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/011/10-newcastle-vs-blackburn-live-highlights.html

Who was right back? Check out their awesome positioning at around 1:00m - Perch standing there not really marking anyone as well.

Samba's arms ALL OVER Ba shortly after...

The contact from Krul shortly after was a definite pen from what you can see of it, though it looks like there's a good chance of that being offside (can't see from the camera angle). If it wasn't offside there must have been a woeful offside trap from the defensive line.

Great shot for the first from Guthrie - saw the chance and took it. He looks like he's lost some weight since last season?

Peach of a free-kick from Cabaye. Would have been good to see some other angles.

Tough deflection for the Pedersen goal, the kind of luck we'd normally get in the league TBH.

Actual decent ball into the box from Obertan in the lead up to the Lovelyhands penalty.

The defending on the final set piece was absolutely woeful.

70% possesion to their 30%, means nowt like conceeding 4 is the worry. Nobody has mentioned Perch being shite? He must have been ... surely....

Never mind Perch, I wanna know how Santon performed? Did he look like a good 'un?

Apparently looked weak.

Very early days though.

based on the one game hes not an automatic inclusion when hes fit, not yet anyway

he ran forward a lot and then tended to just fall down when anyone was shoulder to shoulder with him rather than battling to get the ball which obviously the ref wasnt giving him so hed sit and complain, wave his arms a bit while blackburn were breaking and jonas was busting a gut to cover him

seemed better off when simpson went off and he was playing on the right/center of defence instead