Debt

snakehips

He did say that, aye (or words to that effect). Moving the goalposts tbh.

And I answered, haven't moved anything.

What exactly did I say about 1st September ??

I believe I said "it would show what Ashleys intentions were" either he'd be backing us or recouping. I have said I believe he is recouping. Is that "judgement" enough for you ??

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did say that, aye (or words to that effect). Moving the goalposts tbh.

And I answered, haven't moved anything.

What exactly did I say about 1st September ??

I believe I said "it would show what Ashleys intentions were" either he'd be backing us or recouping. I have said I believe he is recouping. Is that "judgement" enough for you ??

and "his intentions" are what exactly, in your "new" judgement, regarding the small matter of success on the football pitch ?

What some of us have been telling you for ages perhaps ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Most of us were already saying that tbh, TP. Glad we're all on the same page though. Seems Leazes was right all along, eh? Be nice of you if you were able to admit that :razz:

Edited by alex

Was lying thinking about NUFC debt last night.

We know Ashley likes to pay for all the signings up front. When he bought the club, it was well reported (by the regime) that there were many transfer fees outstanding of players already at the club. Could it be that a lot of the debts incurred over the past few years were Ashley actually paying off those outstanding bills early instead of over the agreed period of time? If so, would the claims of Ashley having to put large amounts of money into the club be nothing more than his own doing?

Maybe I'm just chasing my tail, and it's all bollocks. Just wondering, that's all.

Paying off early or over time, makes no difference, it's the same amount of money out at some point.

If it was a "one off" you'd have seen his subsidy peak and then drop, it's been pretty consistent over time. This year'll be different I suspect and he probably wont have put owt in, maybe even recovered a lump.

does the performance of the team on the pitch interest you at all, in any way ?

Just asking. Or do you just buy scarves with the balance sheet woven into them ?

Reading this forum, everyone should stop going because there's a distastefull logo on the roof, the fact the teams had a good start doesn't seem to matter.

good start ?

Bollocks.

Its the easiest set of fixtures we have had in years.......and only by going to games, can you evaluate the performance, which is without a doubt inferior to even last years effort, which for some reason satisfied those who have lowered their standards and expectations.

Posters on your other message board ie skunkers, were posting how wonderful life was just because we beat the mackems 5-1 last season. The same posters who laughed at mackems for thinking how their ultimate ambition was simply to beat us, they have now sunk to the same level.

FWIW, the logo on the roof wouldn't matter a shite if the team was winning and soopa Mike was backing his managers instead of running the club down, that is why I support this football team. I don't care in the slightest about logos, warehouses etc, but it only shows how daft some people are tbh when things like that get in the way of their judgements.

How long are you giving Mike Ashley now ? Did you mean September 1st 2018 ?

I have no deadline for Ashley, he and he alone controls that.

I have stated what I think he's doing, that's it really.

We still needed him (or someone as rich as him) see Chez's Everton post.

didn't you say your "deadline" was September 1st ?

We would NOT have gone bust btw, despite the scaremongering you have bought into. The only time this club would have gone bust was in 1991, and soopa Mike is now restoring the long term apathy which would have brought that into becoming reality, not a club signing top footballers, filling the 3rd biggest ground in the country located right in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the country, and having the 14th biggest revenues in world football.

And with debts that make all that irrelevant and importantly, totally unsustainable.

See Chez's thread, although I suspect you'll avoid that one like the plague.

We know Ashley likes to pay for all the signings up front. When he bought the club, it was well reported (by the regime) that there were many transfer fees outstanding of players already at the club. Could it be that a lot of the debts incurred over the past few years were Ashley actually paying off those outstanding bills early instead of over the agreed period of time? If so, would the claims of Ashley having to put large amounts of money into the club be nothing more than his own doing?

Maybe I'm just chasing my tail, and it's all bollocks. Just wondering, that's all.

Paying off early or over time, makes no difference, it's the same amount of money out at some point.

If it was a "one off" you'd have seen his subsidy peak and then drop, it's been pretty consistent over time. This year'll be different I suspect and he probably wont have put owt in, maybe even recovered a lump.

Just asking. Or do you just buy scarves with the balance sheet woven into them ?

Reading this forum, everyone should stop going because there's a distastefull logo on the roof, the fact the teams had a good start doesn't seem to matter.

good start ?

Bollocks.

Its the easiest set of fixtures we have had in years.......and only by going to games, can you evaluate the performance, which is without a doubt inferior to even last years effort, which for some reason satisfied those who have lowered their standards and expectations.

Posters on your other message board ie skunkers, were posting how wonderful life was just because we beat the mackems 5-1 last season. The same posters who laughed at mackems for thinking how their ultimate ambition was simply to beat us, they have now sunk to the same level.

FWIW, the logo on the roof wouldn't matter a shite if the team was winning and soopa Mike was backing his managers instead of running the club down, that is why I support this football team. I don't care in the slightest about logos, warehouses etc, but it only shows how daft some people are tbh when things like that get in the way of their judgements.

We would NOT have gone bust btw, despite the scaremongering you have bought into. The only time this club would have gone bust was in 1991, and soopa Mike is now restoring the long term apathy which would have brought that into becoming reality, not a club signing top footballers, filling the 3rd biggest ground in the country located right in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the country, and having the 14th biggest revenues in world football.

And with debts that make all that irrelevant and importantly, totally unsustainable.

Carry on thinking we are the only club with "unsustainable debts", if you like, despite the revenues built up by the previous owners, that Mike Ashley is now eroding.

Do you concede that all the signs are now obvious to a blind man, that this club is going seriously backwards, or does the best part of 10,000 empty seats [which is just the start] going to be easily explained by you as of little significance ?

Most of us were already saying that tbh, TP. Glad we're all on the same page though. Seems Leazes was right all along, eh? Be nice of you if you were able to admit that :razz:

Hardly, Ashley for all his faults is inestimably better than the last lot.

He still hasn't pocketed his £52 Million "profit"

good start ?

Bollocks.

Carry on thinking we are the only club with "unsustainable debts", if you like, despite the revenues built up by the previous owners, that Mike Ashley is now eroding.

Do you concede that all the signs are now obvious to a blind man, that this club is going seriously backwards, or does the best part of 10,000 empty seats [which is just the start] going to be easily explained by you as of little significance ?

We're not now, but we were (not necessarily the only one but unsustainable just the same).

The club has/had been going backwards for years before Ashley came along. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

Simple

You can put a 100m into the club or you can put 100m into the team. I was in favour of the latter when MA took over. I haven't changed my mind.

Then how do you cover the other £100 million ??

Well I wasn't being 100% serious but I didn't need to wait until the window was up to see he was only primarily concerned with getting his money back.

You can put a 100m into the club or you can put 100m into the team. I was in favour of the latter when MA took over. I haven't changed my mind.

Then how do you cover the other £100 million ??

They're both the same thing.

Ok I suppose it needs an explanation.

I'm a billionaire buying a dolls house.

I know nobody is coming to look at the house, they're coming to look at the dolls and furniture inside. I set about investing in the dolls and furniture. That way I get the people to pay my debt.

Edited by Park Life

I don't expect him to throw endless amounts of cash in order to make us into title contenders but it hardly takes a genius to work out how little vision the man has with regard to taking the team (a little old-fashioned I know but that's the bit I care most about) forward. As HF pointed out, KK could've worked wonders with the money spunked on paying for relegation. In fact he'd have worked wonders with the Carroll money too. Mediocrity is his aim and, quite frankly, I despise the bloke for it.

Edited by alex

Not yet he hasn't.

He hasn't given us a decent football team either, and won't. In fact, he's dismantled the basis of one and pocketed the cash instead.

I don't expect him to throw endless amounts of cash in order to make us into title contenders but it hardly takes a genius to work out how little vision the man has with regard to taking the team (a little old-fashioned I know but that's the bit I care most about) forward. As HF pointed out, KK could've worked wonders with the money spunked on paying for relegation. In fact he'd have worked wonders with the Carroll money too. Mediocrity is his aim and, quite frankly, I despise the bloke for it.

I agree with ALL of that.

He's just made the wrong call. The fundametals of PL are such that it is virtually impossible to make a profit without success on the pitch. You can only cut so many corners and become a Wba or a Blackburn but then you've burnt your only bridge to MAKING MONEY. He's got it wrong. He continues to get it wrong.

Edited by Park Life

I rather think doing it "his way" is the aim and fuck everyone else. That may or may not lead to mediocrity, but I doubt mediocrity is indeed his aim.

good start ?

Bollocks.

We're not now, but we were (not necessarily the only one but unsustainable just the same).

The club has/had been going backwards for years before Ashley came along. To pretend otherwise is ridiculous.

Simple

Qualifying for europe more times in 15 years than all other clubs bar 4, expanding the clubs stadium to a 52000 all seater and filling it every week [from a starting position of one foot in the 3rd division, a cowshed of a stadium with 15-20,000 in it], and having the 14th biggest revenues in world football, is not going backwards.

In any shape or form.

He's just made the wrong call. The fundametals of PL are such that it is virtually impossible to make a profit without success on the pitch. You can only cut so many corners and become a Wba or a Blackburn but then you've burnt your only bridge to MAKING MONEY. He's got it wrong. He continues to get it wrong.

exactly

I rather think doing it "his way" is the aim and fuck everyone else. That may or may not lead to mediocrity, but I doubt mediocrity is indeed his aim.

Haven't you already conceded he's concerned with recouping money as opposed to taking the team forward in a footballing sense? Realistically you're looking at mediocrity (at best) in that scenario.

Yep.

If mediocrity wasn't his aim he'd have replaced the only decent striker at the club in the 7 months he had to do it. To argue anything else is frankly idiotic at this stage.

Many people were jumping up and down [on skunkers too] and calling 7th in the premiership "mediocrity", what they would have called the current situation under the old owners, when they had higher expectations, fuck only knows.

Your man thinks finishing 10th "is the aim".

Haven't you already conceded he's concerned with recouping money as opposed to taking the team forward in a footballing sense ? Realistically you're looking at mediocrity (at best) in that scenario.

He won't admit that, and he won't admit that he has been told exactly that for ages either, and not just by me, but you and others too.