Obertan: Earths' gravity is no match for him.

Park Life

To be fair he did fuck all apart from his cross at Stoke, apart from chase balls and press, and I think the point that he didn't start at Blackburn was irrelevant considering we lost the game when he was on. He works hard though and will be a decent squad member, but this exposes how thin the squad is. Two injuries and we're thinking awe ffs Lovenkrands might have to come on and also if Marveaux or Jonas gets injured what do we do then? Call Lua Lua back? If Ashley fell in the Tyne now he'd bob up floating on a stolen Picasso with a salmon in his mouth. Lucky fat bastard. We are short and it's squarely down to him and Llambias.

Am sticking with my theory about Obertan's main problem.

You still peddling this 'lucky bastard' line? Am genuinely annoyed with you for not giving Pardew credit for the job he has done, the fat bastard might have been lucky appointing him, he might have known what he was doing, we'll never know. Whatever, it doesnt matter, Pards has done a cracking job and there is no way you can call our start to this season lucky. Unless you're Happy Face and you like pulling statistics oot your hoop for the sake of argument.

Where have I not given or avoided giving Pardew credit? He's been fantastic with what he's had to work with. You need to distinguish between two distinct facets within the club. The owners/board and the manager/coaching staff. We don't have enough players, Pardew knows this, he knew it in the summer, the fans know it, and what he's done so far with the players at his disposal is like Jesus sorting 5,000 out with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. If he'd have done half as well, with what he's had to play with he'd have deserved praise.

Where the luck has come in, has been the fact for once in our existence we've had no injuries, this is like new ground for Newcastle, and I say Ashley is specifically lucky, because quite clearly the squad is not big enough and it's his and Llambias' fault that we'll be fucking around with the likes of Shane Ferguson, and putting Raylor right wing should just one more of our wide men get injured. There is absolutely no depth in any part of our squad, one injury to a key player and we're massively depleted. No other team in the top 7 can say the same, and it only need two or three more players, and we've got the money to do it, to have a reasonable squad.

Aye, that's how I see it like. Maintaining where we are (not necessarily 3rd as that's not realistic but competing for a top 7 spot) is all about whether or not Pardew can convince Ashley to invest a little bit in January. The worry is he might think we're doing so well there's no need. Fair enough, relegation isn't even a remote possibility (even a terrible run averaging less than a point a game and we'd still probably be alright) but not building on what Pardew, the coaches and the players have achieved so far would be a massive opportunity missed.

Definitely. What does fuck me off about Pardew is when he says hopefully we'll do enough to convince Mike to invest further. Mike should be fucking investing further, with the £51m we've raked in since fucking January. He wouldn't need to even spend all that. It fucks me off that people still don't see the big picture. If Stevie Taylor or Coloccini, get injured we're relying on fucking WILLIAMSON!!!! He's a clown, I still have sleepless nights about how weak he was for that goal against Blackburn at home last year. We need AT LEAST one centre half, one back up wide man ideally who can play on both sides (Ben Arfa is nee good out left), and 100% definitely need a striker. 4 players £25m spent max = without any question we have firmly cemented our place as the 6th or 7th best side in this country, far, far away from our so called challengers Villa and Everton.

This is the frustration cause we're literally 2/3 decent players away from a good side/squad.

I called the CD thing a few weeks ago and tbf I think most of us are aware that Will isn't ideal first cover.

Have been surprised by how 'bulked up' and effective guthrie was.

Oh aye, all hail 'Prescient Parky' finally getting onside in November.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair he did fuck all apart from his cross at Stoke, apart from chase balls and press, and I think the point that he didn't start at Blackburn was irrelevant considering we lost the game when he was on. He works hard though and will be a decent squad member, but this exposes how thin the squad is. Two injuries and we're thinking awe ffs Lovenkrands might have to come on and also if Marveaux or Jonas gets injured what do we do then? Call Lua Lua back? If Ashley fell in the Tyne now he'd bob up floating on a stolen Picasso with a salmon in his mouth. Lucky fat bastard. We are short and it's squarely down to him and Llambias.

You still peddling this 'lucky bastard' line? Am genuinely annoyed with you for not giving Pardew credit for the job he has done, the fat bastard might have been lucky appointing him, he might have known what he was doing, we'll never know. Whatever, it doesnt matter, Pards has done a cracking job and there is no way you can call our start to this season lucky. Unless you're Happy Face and you like pulling statistics oot your hoop for the sake of argument.

Where have I not given or avoided giving Pardew credit? He's been fantastic with what he's had to work with. You need to distinguish between two distinct facets within the club. The owners/board and the manager/coaching staff. We don't have enough players, Pardew knows this, he knew it in the summer, the fans know it, and what he's done so far with the players at his disposal is like Jesus sorting 5,000 out with 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. If he'd have done half as well, with what he's had to play with he'd have deserved praise.

Where the luck has come in, has been the fact for once in our existence we've had no injuries, this is like new ground for Newcastle, and I say Ashley is specifically lucky, because quite clearly the squad is not big enough and it's his and Llambias' fault that we'll be fucking around with the likes of Shane Ferguson, and putting Raylor right wing should just one more of our wide men get injured. There is absolutely no depth in any part of our squad, one injury to a key player and we're massively depleted. No other team in the top 7 can say the same, and it only need two or three more players, and we've got the money to do it, to have a reasonable squad.

Unfortunately for the agenda-ists, you cant separate the two really. The buck stops with the fat cunt and therefore so does the praise.

Says who? Under that theory Malcolm Glazer deserves as much praise as Ferguson for reaching three Champions League finals in four years.

Stevie, you just praise Man U as you see fit, mate. ;)

;)

Hey what about your next of kin City last night "it should've been ten, it should've been ten, against the MUNICHS, it should've been ten". Bunch of tramps. Paul Calf summed them up perfectly.

Aye, that's how I see it like. Maintaining where we are (not necessarily 3rd as that's not realistic but competing for a top 7 spot) is all about whether or not Pardew can convince Ashley to invest a little bit in January. The worry is he might think we're doing so well there's no need. Fair enough, relegation isn't even a remote possibility (even a terrible run averaging less than a point a game and we'd still probably be alright) but not building on what Pardew, the coaches and the players have achieved so far would be a massive opportunity missed.

Definitely. What does fuck me off about Pardew is when he says hopefully we'll do enough to convince Mike to invest further. Mike should be fucking investing further, with the £51m we've raked in since fucking January. He wouldn't need to even spend all that. It fucks me off that people still don't see the big picture. If Stevie Taylor or Coloccini, get injured we're relying on fucking WILLIAMSON!!!! He's a clown, I still have sleepless nights about how weak he was for that goal against Blackburn at home last year. We need AT LEAST one centre half, one back up wide man ideally who can play on both sides (Ben Arfa is nee good out left), and 100% definitely need a striker. 4 players £25m spent max = without any question we have firmly cemented our place as the 6th or 7th best side in this country, far, far away from our so called challengers Villa and Everton.

This is the frustration cause we're literally 2/3 decent players away from a good side/squad.

I called the CD thing a few weeks ago and tbf I think most of us are aware that Will isn't ideal first cover.

Mate you need to watch that passive aggresive thing. :)

I think it's fair enough to credit Llambias and Ashley with getting Pardew in like. Same goes for appointing Graham Carr. You can still complain about the lack of cover and point out we've been lucky, so far, with injuries.

Mate you need to watch that passive aggresive thing. :)

Been off for a while and it's his first day back at work so cut him some slack, eh? ;)

Unfortunately for the agenda-ists, you cant separate the two really. The buck stops with the fat cunt and therefore so does the praise.

Says who? Under that theory Malcolm Glazer deserves as much praise as Ferguson for reaching three Champions League finals in four years.

Stevie, you just praise Man U as you see fit, mate. ;)

;)

Hey what about your next of kin City last night

:icon_lol:

I think it's fair enough to credit Llambias and Ashley with getting Pardew in like. Same goes for appointing Graham Carr. You can still complain about the lack of cover and point out we've been lucky, so far, with injuries.

I was being unfair on Stevie then, its just a few times this season i've read 'we're just lucky' in reference to the team's performance and i thought he was 'still peddling this'.

The lack of cover and luck with injuries is without doubt fair enough.

I was being unfair on Stevie then, its just a few times this season i've read 'we're just lucky' in reference to the team's performance and i thought he was 'still peddling this'.

I support the team and the manager, if we win the Champions League I'll stay hate that wrongun looking casino manager, and the fat thick barrow boy.

I support the team and the manager, if we win the Champions League I'll stay hate that wrongun looking casino manager, and the fat thick barrow boy.

Even if that means he was right all along? I know why you say it and there is more to his reign than just the affect on the team but there is a basic logic at play here that doesnt make sense to me.

Focussing solely on the football, he makes a load of decisions which piss you off because of your belief about the impact on the football. Those decisions lead to (in your example) us winning the champions league. Ergo, all his football decisions were correct and your opinion was incorrect.

I know its hypothetical but if the things he did which you hated turned out to be correct, then your hate was mis-placed. Not that this matters that much, its just the internal logic (from a football perspective) makes no sense.

This where I've been previously, I still detest FMA and Dekka, I still think Pardew was signed up and fully aware before Hughton was dumped.

However, I will give Pardew due credit for this season's performances, given his limited resources, it's nothing short of miraculous.

Don't have to like the man though.

This where I've been previously, I still detest FMA and Dekka, I still think Pardew was signed up and fully aware before Hughton was dumped.

However, I will give Pardew due credit for this season's performances, given his limited resources, it's nothing short of miraculous.

Don't have to like the man though.

Am getting you one of these for christmas with the words 'Pardy time!' underneath

http://www.cultzeros.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=New113

Er, since when did a toe infection rule you out for a month? Shades of marcelino there like. Will it pave the way for Ben arfa or marveaux to start with jonas moved to the right flank?

The general foot area is rather important in this sport.

come on though, a month out for a toe infection? sounds a bit excessive doesn't it? i've heard of people playing on with a broken toe before, which tbf would be way more painful. i don't mind him being out for a game or two, not least so we can have a look at marveaux, but really? a month out for a sore toe? he should man up.

Speaks someone who's never had one.

Immensly painfull, and the point about infections is that they can get significantly worse (as in blood poisoning/ lose bits of your body type serious) if you aggravate them, like disturbing the infected area by kicking a ball for example, or maybe running even.

Think dental abscess (if you've ever had one) on your toe.

Even if that means he was right all along? I know why you say it and there is more to his reign than just the affect on the team but there is a basic logic at play here that doesnt make sense to me.

Focussing solely on the football, he makes a load of decisions which piss you off because of your belief about the impact on the football. Those decisions lead to (in your example) us winning the champions league. Ergo, all his football decisions were correct and your opinion was incorrect.

I know its hypothetical but if the things he did which you hated turned out to be correct, then your hate was mis-placed. Not that this matters that much, its just the internal logic (from a football perspective) makes no sense.

Even if Ashley's decisions to sack Hughton and replace him with Pardew, cash in on Carroll and sell Nolan, Barton and Ricky and replace them with younger cheaper options turn out to be a massive success that leads us back into Europe, it won't absolve him of the wrongs he did in the past.

The way he acted with Keegan was massively wrong showed a massive lack of respect for a club legend (which he then managed to do again with another in Shearer) and more importantly us fans. Even if it turns out that everything (in terms of getting shot of Keegan and not giving Shearer the job) was the right decision in the long run, the way he did it makes him a cunt.

If he continues now to move the club forward in the right way, I can forget about that and rejoice in his good work but that won't change my opinion of him as a man.

I won't be shouting for his head but I won't be lauding him either.

Treating Keegan like a piece of dirt on his shoe, the biggest legend in the clubs history. Moving loyal fans out of Level 7 for nothing but spite, and then charging us more! Bastardising the clubs image by renaming the stadium, and putting tacky SD signs everywhere? There's a lot more than success on the pitch that are important to me, dignity and decorum being one, he has none, and I won't forgive him for any of that. He's been lucky end of story, how the fuck did he know Graham Carr would be a roaring success OR a manager sacked at not just West Ham, but CHARLTON and SOUTHAMPTON would turn out to be a master stroke? His luck will run out eventually. The first thing he should've done when he bought the club was to employ someone like Peter Kenyon and Comolli in my view, don't even think of mentioning Dennis Wise.

I'm not getting into an Ashley debate with you Stevie, just want to point out i was saying from a footballing perspective. Getting rid of Allardyce was a footall decision, Keegan didnt go because of his perceived footballing value to the club it was because of Wise and politics. The SD stuff and singing section are not really footballing issues either. Appointing Kinnear was and remains the most idiotic thing the fat cunt has done from a footballing perspective.

I'm not getting into an Ashley debate with you Stevie, just want to point out i was saying from a footballing perspective. Getting rid of Allardyce was a footall decision, Keegan didnt go because of his perceived footballing value to the club it was because of Wise and politics. The SD stuff and singing section are not really footballing issues either. Appointing Kinnear was and remains the most idiotic thing the fat cunt has done from a footballing perspective.

Appointing Wise was the idiotic footballing decision that led to the idiotic Keegan decision and the idiotic Kinnear decision. I wouldn't dismiss that as politics. It was a footballing decision that Wise would be in charge of who we buy/sell over the head of whichever manager was here.

Edited by Happy Face