Have you ever wrote to anyone famous?

Christmas Tree

A bit of a daft question given the way twitter works, but prior to that have you ever wrote to anyone famous, and more importantly received a reply.

Two I can think of off the top of my head.

When SJH was getting a lot of shit personally in the press over his sons antics, I wrote a "comforting letter" to him which said something along the lines of "dont let the bastards get you down". Got a lovely reply back saying that he and Mrs SJH, Mae? were really pleased by the support. :icon_lol:

Also while very pissed after a match, wrote to Freddy Shepherd asking for a job in marketing saying something along the lines of he was missing out big time by not having quiz machines in the walkways. :razz:

Also think Ive got a letter (in the loft :icon_lol: ) off KK wishing me happy Birthday. Might have been Willie McFaul. :icon_lol:

Warren Barton :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: Spill

He never wrote back & I've no idea what the letter contained but I definitely wrote one & sent it. Not the best story like! :razz:

I'd love to read this "comforting letter".

Im sure SJH has the original, if not framed, in the loft.

I might see if I can dig out his reply. Was on nice paper.

SJH will have used the original to get the log fire lit in his mansion. If you'd used better quality paper he might have wiped his arse on it :icon_lol:

Edited by Kitman

I bet you wrote to Santa Claus last Christmas, eh CT? :icon_lol:

Is this really a footy thread btw?

You're right like KM - it's more like a garden shed than a footy thread if we're running the defrag mechanisms with any degree of accuracy . Give us Warp Factor 9 down here man Tom . .

Prior to coming 'home' for a visit I used to write to people at St. James hoping to get help in assuring I got tickets to see the games while I was 'home'.

KK, Pedro, Sir Bob, and others. Always got replies but they were obviously from secretary types saying sorry, and advising me to get in touch with the ticket office.

Wrote to Steve Watson once. There was a photo and article in our local newspaper mentioning him. I thought he might like it for his scrapbook seeing as how it was in an California newspaper so I sent it to him with a short note. Never got a reply.

I got Ibrahima Sonko to sign a birthday card to my mum once. This was back in the day you could walk along with the odd Reading player on your way to a match. Nice bloke, was very down to earth.

Another year I wrote to Hollyoaks to ask for Chris Fountain to sign a birthday card to mum as well. He sent a signed pic back albeit a few months later.

I've received a personally-signed photo of Bowling For Soup in the mail as well, back from my stalker days. :icon_lol:

The bass player from bowling for soup gave me 2 of his pics and the singer give me a high 5. Decent live band tbh!

Always a fun gig when they're involved. Must've seen them 5 times now. Met them twice as I'm friends with a friend of the band, sound lads the lot of them. :icon_lol: