Newcastle United v Fulham --- Sunday 1.00pm Kick Off

Christmas Tree

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonas is a certain starter, Obertan quite possibly as well, with both being rested for the Scunthorpe cup match. Likewise it will be Shola up top with Ba likely to be alongside him. Tiote back in central midfield alongside Cabaye, with a back four of Simpson, Colo, Saylor and Raylor. He'll get Marveaux out there at some point and possibly Sammy as well. Gosling could also come on to replace Cabaye if he looks to be tiring.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Ba is Ramadaning as well as Tiote.

Was going to mention this. Would explain why he was so lack luster the other night.

How can you play top-flight professional football whilst fasting for ramadan?

Must be dangerous for their long term health, and we've seen that Ba and Tiote's performances are suffering greatly.

Totally agree. Footballers are all on high energy diets etc and surely by fasting then playing it's very dangerous for the body

Must be dangerous for their long term health, and we've seen that Ba and Tiote's performances are suffering greatly.

Totally agree. Footballers are all on high energy diets etc and surely by fasting then playing it's very dangerous for the body

I think if they were performing at the same levels you might have a point (ie they were taking no account of the energy defecit and somehow mirroring their normal performances) but they haven't, they've been shit. So I shouldn't worry.

Must be dangerous for their long term health.

Side effects include...

Dizziness, Fatigue, Mood Swings, Shola Ameobi, Muscular Cramping.

Must be dangerous for their long term health.

Side effects include...

Dizziness, Fatigue, Mood Swings, Shola Ameobi, Muscular Cramping.

That's a good point. Has Shola been observing Ramadan permanently for the last 12 years?

Nailed on home win. 2-0.

Or maybe a fuck up last minute pen loss. /jinx insurance

Dont the 2012 olympics also clash with Ramadhan. There was an article on the bbc about it. About 2500 Muslims are exepcetd to compete in the games so its not a minor issue.I suppose the choice is upto the individual concerned, either compete whilst fasting or dont compete. For Muslims their faith means more to them than the Olympic/Football games so in that sense, most practicing Muslims will compete whilst fasting. Muslims are exempt from fasting in exceptional circumstances but i dont think playing against Fulham counts as one.

Edited by harrynufc

Dont the 2012 olympics also clash with Ramadhan. There was an article on the bbc about it. About 2500 Muslims are exepcetd to compete in the games so its not a minor issue.I suppose the choice is upto the individual concerned, either compete whilst fasting or dont compete. For Muslims their faith means more to them than the Olympic/Football games so in that sense, most practicing Muslims will compete whilst fasting. Muslims are exempt from fasting in exceptional circumstances but i dont think playing against Fulham counts as one.

They can eat at sundown ffs!!

Non-issue. :D

NEWCASTLE:

Krul, Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Taylor, Obertan, Cabaye, Tiote, Gutierrez, Best, Lovenkrands

Subs: Soderberg, Ferguson, Smith, Vuckic, Marveaux, Sammy Ameobi, Ba.

0-0 then?

From this time l;ast season, we've lost 4 first choice players and not adequetly replaced even one of them. The football fucktard's fucktard Paul Merson has tipped us for the drop and if that gurning gibbon* can see whats going on then I imagine if we're on the other end of a loss this afternoon there may be a few chants of "wheres the money gone?" ringing round SJP later on

*apologies to all sane,rational,intelligent and non gurning gibbons reading this thread.