Favourite Fish & Chips?

Tooj

is the chippy at bottom of Westgate Rd still going ?

used to go when at College and it was always really good .

( 'TheOneNextToTheMotorbikeshops' as Mr Ramen used to say on his radio adverts ? )

--------------------------------------

btw Gemmill - what goes on with "the rock bus" :D you were on about in an earlier post ?

Nowt! It was all very tame. It was just a company that used to do tickets and transport to gigs - they were always in the back of the NME and that.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another good fish and chip shop is dillions chippy in hazelrigg near ponteland hehe

There's a franchise of Dillon's shops, nearest one to me is Throckley and it's pish. I've heard Maguire's in Swalwell and Rowlands Gill are mint.

I can confirm that rumour. Been there numerous times when visiting Fist the Elder.

( 'TheOneNextToTheMotorbikeshops' as Mr Ramen used to say on his radio adverts ? )

btw Gemmill - what goes on with "the rock bus" :D you were on about in an earlier post ?

"Just for you lady and gentlemen"

Don't even know real Fish and Chips until you go to Grimsby :D.

To be fair THE best non toon chippy I've ever been to was about 92 the one behind the away end at Blundell Park. Fantastic.

"I can fix shirt, Jean and trouser. "

Nowt! It was all very tame. It was just a company that used to do tickets and transport to gigs - they were always in the back of the NME and that.

Ach...Had visions of it being some kind of Goth spectacular what with it being a Cure gig ?

Everyone white as a sheet, dressed in black hugging each other - crying n stuff :D

pmsl "...and zeep"

Ha aye - that's ya man ! :D

"i repair Zi'ip in karkoat and jean"

To be fair THE best non toon chippy I've ever been to was about 92 the one behind the away end at Blundell Park. Fantastic.

Aye The Mariners, not the best in town butu not the worst.

Went in '93 - David Kelly put some salty sauce on me chips that neet a' can tell ya ...

(Mick Lowes' radio commentary of that goal was something special too ! I've got it on tape somewhere :D )

Aye. Lost count of the amount of times I've went in there steaming after the match.

The one on corner Clayton St/Pink Lane is canny too actually - once crowds have died down

Went in '93 - David Kelly put some salty sauce on me chips that neet a' can tell ya ...

(Mick Lowes' radio commentary of that goal was something special too ! I've got it on tape somewhere :rolleyes: )

So weird seeing terraces at Blundell Park :D

btw Gemmill - what goes on with "the rock bus" :razz: you were on about in an earlier post ?

Fuck me, that takes me back :lol:

You would think with all the fatties in Scotland they'd have some decent chippies but everyone I've been to has been awful, the blue lagoon in Glasgow possibly the worst chippy on earth. Honestly give Gormans Cowgate a chance you won't go to another chippy ever.

Have you ever had the abomination that is "salt and sauce"?

Was in Edinburgh and got some chips. When asked if I wanted salt and sauce, I wasn't really sure what the story was but said yes. The twat put brown sauce all over the chips. Savages.

That's like putting vinegar on your cornflakes. Odd people. Oh by the way when I was in that Blue Lagoon in Glasgow I saw a fried mars bar with my own eyes. They exist. Bamps.

I had a deep fried mars bar in Dumfries. It was so fatty it made the brown paper it was wrapped in go see-through. Tasted like a chocolate doughnut more than anything. The chippy was connected to a sweet shop so they could do any chocolate bar you wanted I guess. Fancy a deep-fried Starbar if I'm ever passing that way again.

Went to that rare thing, a decent southern chippy in Dagenham or Romford, The Golden Fish it was called. You got this pickled gherkin-like thing with it called a wally, never seen them before or since, presume its a North/south thing.

btw Gemmill - what goes on with "the rock bus" :lol: you were on about in an earlier post ?

Aye. Lost count of the amount of times I've went in there steaming after the match.

The one on corner Clayton St/Pink Lane is canny too actually - once crowds have died down

Proper hummin a reckon that n

You would think with all the fatties in Scotland they'd have some decent chippies but everyone I've been to has been awful, the blue lagoon in Glasgow possibly the worst chippy on earth. Honestly give Gormans Cowgate a chance you won't go to another chippy ever.

Was in Edinburgh and got some chips. When asked if I wanted salt and sauce, I wasn't really sure what the story was but said yes. The twat put brown sauce all over the chips. Savages.

That's like putting vinegar on your cornflakes. Odd people. Oh by the way when I was in that Blue Lagoon in Glasgow I saw a fried mars bar with my own eyes. They exist. Bamps.

I had a deep fried mars bar in Dumfries. It was so fatty it made the brown paper it was wrapped in go see-through. Tasted like a chocolate doughnut more than anything. The chippy was connected to a sweet shop so they could do any chocolate bar you wanted I guess. Fancy a deep-fried Starbar if I'm ever passing that way again.

Went to that rare thing, a decent southern chippy in Dagenham or Romford, The Golden Fish it was called. You got this pickled gherkin-like thing with it called a wally, never seen them before or since, presume its a North/south thing.

There's loads of north south food things. Go in a chinkeys down London and ask them for gravy on ya chips and they look at you like you're accusing them of being a rapist.

btw Gemmill - what goes on with "the rock bus" :razz: you were on about in an earlier post ?

Do you mean Clarkes? One of my best school mates inherited it (haven't seen him for a while), think it is still running but was always just open for lunch iirc. I got free chips there and they were canny lush like.

Mr Ramen - fuck me, that takes me back. An advertising guy I knew said they used that as a classic example of advertising. It was so shit you simply could not forget it. As this thread proves. :lol:

There's loads of north south food things. Go in a chinkeys down London and ask them for gravy on ya chips and they look at you like you're accusing them of being a rapist.

Chinese chips are rather good tbf. Usually though everything else isn't.

Has anyone on here ever had shirt, zip or trouser fixed by the great man himself?

I had me wanking cape fitted with a new quick-release mechanism once (if that counts ?)

Are you Michael Hutchence ?

You bet your asphixiated ass i'm Michael Hutchence .

I'm tethered to carcoat by zip .