It's a depressing thought..............

Rob W

I like the fact that chelsea will soon start stealing all Man U's cockney / foreign fans.

70273[/snapback]

;)

Oh, and Renton, you've got me wrong. I don't want Chelsea to win things, I just don't see how people can moan about them spending money when they're only doing what every other club before them has done.

Surely Chel$ki would match and beat any offer Barca made though?

70220[/snapback]

It's not the money, it's the club.

70236[/snapback]

I know. But surely any move he made would have to involve a paycut, which is hardly 'an offer he couldn't refuse'.

I like the fact that chelsea will soon start stealing all Man U's cockney / foreign fans.

70273[/snapback]

:lol:

Oh, and Renton, you've got me wrong. I don't want Chelsea to win things, I just don't see how people can moan about them spending money when they're only doing what every other club before them has done.

70280[/snapback]

No other club has had a bottemless pit of money to fund their transfers. Even ManUre at their peak were relatively constrained in their spending. This is typical of Chelsea fans (or their admirers such as yourself) and one of the reasons I don't like them - their blanket refusal to admit that their circumstances are different, and are where they are merely through good management and playing well.

70273[/snapback]

70280[/snapback]

No other club has had a bottemless pit of money to fund their transfers. Even ManUre at their peak were relatively constrained in their spending. This is typical of Chelsea fans (or their admirers such as yourself) and one of the reasons I don't like them - their blanket refusal to admit that their circumstances are different, and are where they are merely through good management and playing well.

70386[/snapback]

I think everyone knows full well that before Chelsea were bought they were close to going bankrupt; so obviously the circumstances are a little different. It would have also been impossible to attract Mourinho without the cash input.

However, what is the difference between Man United buying Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Saha for multi-millions and Chelsea buying Wright-Phillips, Robben, Drogba, Cavalho, Del Horno for the same?

Chelsea's best two players this season were there before Abromovich.

70273[/snapback]

70280[/snapback]

70386[/snapback]

I think everyone knows full well that before Chelsea were bought they were close to going bankrupt; so obviously the circumstances are a little different. It would have also been impossible to attract Mourinho without the cash input.

However, what is the difference between Man United buying Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Ronaldo, Ferdinand, Saha for multi-millions and Chelsea buying Wright-Phillips, Robben, Drogba, Cavalho, Del Horno for the same?

70503[/snapback]

ManU operate on the basis of profit, according to their means, which is related to their fan base. They have financial limits they can't go above. The same is true of NUFC, Liverpool, Arsenal, in fact virtually all clubs.

Chelsea make a loss, but this doesn't matter because they are bank rolled by a billionaire who uses them as a play thing. They partly offset this by charging extortionate ticket prices, which travelling fans have to pay. Why they bother doing this I don't know, the money is a drop in the ocean for them. There is no limit to who they can buy, they have proved ultimately that money is the most powerful lure in football, and have caused inflation of signing fees at a time when they were just coming down.

Really Gol, I'm sure you know fine well what the difference is between ManU and Chelsea, or us and Chelsea for that matter. I regard them as a cancer in the game, one which won't kill it, but will do it a lot of harm. As I've said, I'm sure a lot of true Chelsea fans will also see this.

70273[/snapback]

70280[/snapback]

70386[/snapback]

70503[/snapback]

ManU operate on the basis of profit, according to their means, which is related to their fan base. They have financial limits they can't go above. The same is true of NUFC, Liverpool, Arsenal, in fact virtually all clubs.

Chelsea make a loss, but this doesn't matter because they are bank rolled by a billionaire who uses them as a play thing. They partly offset this by charging extortionate ticket prices, which travelling fans have to pay. Why they bother doing this I don't know, the money is a drop in the ocean for them. There is no limit to who they can buy, they have proved ultimately that money is the most powerful lure in football, and have caused inflation of signing fees at a time when they were just coming down.

Really Gol, I'm sure you know fine well what the difference is between ManU and Chelsea, or us and Chelsea for that matter. I regard them as a cancer in the game, one which won't kill it, but will do it a lot of harm. As I've said, I'm sure a lot of true Chelsea fans will also see this.

70504[/snapback]

So it's all down to how they got their money, rather than what they do with it?

What has that got to do with football then? What harm are they actually doing? (serious question, as I see so many people saying it, but nobody proving what the effect is)

70273[/snapback]

70280[/snapback]

70386[/snapback]

70503[/snapback]

70504[/snapback]

What has that got to do with football then? What harm are they actually doing? (serious question, as I see so many people saying it, but nobody proving what the effect is)

70505[/snapback]

They have inflated transfer fees. They are ripping off fans. But worst of all, they have made the premiership uncompetitive, because it's simply impossible to compete on equal terms with a side who can play 22 world class players, with a genius manager. This in turn has simply made the premiership boring. If you know who's going to win it, what's the point?

There can never be a completely level playing field, but howay, this is shite.

70505[/snapback]

I think the way ManUre worked their way up was seen as more honest. Same as a self-made millionaire probably has a higher reputation than someone who is inheriting money.

What harm Chelsea do? As said, they can afford to work on a non-profit base. They can offer clubs and players money no other club can cope with. In business that are signs of a monopoly.

Edited by Isegrim

I agree with Isegrim and Renton on this one. 

And it makes me feel dirty. :lol:

70509[/snapback]

I think a can of spaghetti is the right medicine... ;)

70518[/snapback]

:puke:

I thought I'd pickle myself in a vat of lactic acid tbh. Yummy! :puke:

Surely Chel$ki would match and beat any offer Barca made though?

70220[/snapback]

It's not the money, it's the club.

70236[/snapback]

I know. But surely any move he made would have to involve a paycut, which is hardly 'an offer he couldn't refuse'.

70385[/snapback]

That'll be why Ronaldinho, Shevchenko & Adriano all go to work in London then?