Thatcher threatend to Nuke the Argies

Ketsbaia

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first glanced at the title I thought it said " Thatcher threatend to Nuke the Aussies"

For a nano second I respected the bitch !

Of course the N subs in the S Atlantic didn't carry Trident or even any A bombs...........

We could have fired them from the N Atlantic but I'm pretty sure the Yanks have to agree (real cynics believe they have an electronic override on the missiles which are all supplied from the States anyway)

Also the PM doesn't actually have total authority to launch - it has to go via the chain of command and I'm pretty sure she would have been in a straight jacket pretty quickly.........

Of course the N subs in the S Atlantic didn't carry Trident or even any A bombs...........

We could have fired them from the N Atlantic but I'm pretty sure the Yanks have to agree (real cynics believe they have an electronic override on the missiles which are all supplied from the States anyway)

Also the PM doesn't actually have total authority to launch - it has to go via the chain of command and I'm pretty sure she would have been in a straight jacket pretty quickly.........

69846[/snapback]

The only subs we know that were in S.Atlantic at the time were 'hunter-killer's' which don't carry ICBM's.

We will never find out where the Polaris subs (we didn't have Tridents) were at the time (unless an 'insider' tells us!) but they did indeed carry ICBM's.

There is no way on earth that we would have nuked Argentina, whether we had the subs there to do it or not. As you say, Maggie would have been in a straight jacket in no time.

69846[/snapback]

The only subs we know that were in S.Atlantic at the time were 'hunter-killer's' which don't carry ICBM's.

We will never find out where the Polaris subs (we didn't have Tridents) were at the time (unless an 'insider' tells us!) but they did indeed carry ICBM's.

There is no way on earth that we would have nuked Argentina, whether we had the subs there to do it or not. As you say, Maggie would have been in a straight jacket in no time.

70209[/snapback]

I hope you aren't implying Rob was talking shite ;)

69846[/snapback]

70209[/snapback]

70212[/snapback]

Crikey Alex, I hope that it doesn't appear that I was! I don't ever intend to call anyone's posting as shite (unless in a joke) as I know that one or two *cough* of mine would be open to debate. :angry:

No, that was not my intention. As I have a clear head from only consuming half a case of 'wfe-beater' last night, I thought I would enter into some intellectual debate (like wot they do on N-O) and pretend I knew what I was talking about! :blush:

69846[/snapback]

70209[/snapback]

I hope you aren't implying Rob was talking shite :angry:

70212[/snapback]

Crikey Alex, I hope that it doesn't appear that I was! I don't ever intend to call anyone's posting as shite (unless in a joke) as I know that one or two *cough* of mine would be open to debate. :blush:

No, that was not my intention. As I have a clear head from only consuming half a case of 'wfe-beater' last night, I thought I would enter into some intellectual debate (like wot they do on N-O) and pretend I knew what I was talking about! :blush:

70214[/snapback]

Good ;)

Canny interesting/weird though isn't it, the thought of these subs going about with nuclear missiles on board with only a hnadful of people knowing where they are/where they are going. I believe most of the crew don't even know where they are heading.

69846[/snapback]

70209[/snapback]

70212[/snapback]

Crikey Alex, I hope that it doesn't appear that I was! I don't ever intend to call anyone's posting as shite (unless in a joke) as I know that one or two *cough* of mine would be open to debate. :blush:

70214[/snapback]

Now there's an idea for a thread, everybody has to talk like wot they do on N-O (I know I'm obssessed like).

Anyway, nukes were use to destroy the Belgrano, but it's all been covered up like. ;)

69846[/snapback]

70209[/snapback]

70212[/snapback]

70214[/snapback]

Now there's an idea for a thread, everybody has to talk like wot they do on N-O (I know I'm obssessed like).

Anyway, nukes were use to destroy the Belgrano, but it's all been covered up like. ;)

70221[/snapback]

Sorry, nukes did not sink the Belgrano. Ordinary torpedoes wot did it lyke, straight up (N-O speak).

Re: the Belgrano, I believe the headline on The S*n the following day was 'Gotcha!' ffs.

70223[/snapback]

It was torpedoed with Noel Edmonds. Sadly he survived.

70227[/snapback]

That man has a lot of blood on his hands tbh.

the topic or my post Renton?

70040[/snapback]

I was refferring to the article - it's blatent bullshit and I don't believe a word of it.

70213[/snapback]

I thank you!!! ;)

69846[/snapback]

70209[/snapback]

70212[/snapback]

he's agreeing with me FFS - I'm not sure if we'd replaced Polaris with Trident at that time

69846[/snapback]

70209[/snapback]

70212[/snapback]

he's agreeing with me FFS - I'm not sure if we'd replaced Polaris with Trident at that time

70271[/snapback]

Corrected you re Trident/Polaris tbh ;)