M.E.

Craig

Now buddy i wouldnt be considered a doctor so take my advice with a pinch of salt (not literally of course because that would be sick). the best recipe for a headache like this is a nice bowl of soup and a good nights sleep. chicken noodle soup is basically gods piss.

Bloody hell some of you lot are brimming with sympathy! ;)

Stevie, I swim once a fortnight with the kids - admittedly it's not strenuous swimming but it's exercise none the less. I also get out on my bike each weekend for about 10 miles a day and once I get my shit sorted and get settled somewhere new, I'm planning on going back to 5-a-side.

As for hypochondria, I was the one who said i just had aching limbs / joints. It was my lass who made the link with some of the other stuff I've been having.

I haven't a clue so thought it best to ask the masses. I think I'm going to make an appointment at the GP and see what they say and go from there.

I read a book a while ago called "Why do people get ill?" - the conclusion was that the power of the mind on the human body is seriously underestimated. This wasn't some spiritualist bollocks either but a look at how absolutely central stress is to a lot of illnesses - even to the extent of "allowing" a cold to take hold one day and laughing it off the next (Think Bart getting the antibody troops to lie down on a school day).

As others have said I wouldn't be surprised if you're reacting to all the crap you've mentioned lately.