Modibo Maiga

DragonFilet

A medical isnt a pass/non-pass evaluation. Think of it as a slider moving depending on the transfer fee, wages, length of contract etc. You are operating in the realms of risk assessment.

Ba`s medical condition could be inferior to Maigas, but the fact that he came on a free and is likely to have some sort of pay as you play clauses makes us more willing to cope with the risk of his knees exploding. The fact that he cost us no money ( well to another club anyway) makes us more willing to take chances in other areas.

When you shell out 7-8 million pounds and there is a 5 year deal involved, you want a bill of health clean as snow. If there were minor niggles with his knee etc, that could be enough for us to back away.

Mind you the deal might not be completely dead in the water, but with medical issues they might have to lower the price to have us interested yet again.

The latter sounds an awful lot like Dekka and Mike, have some low-morale doctor deem him " a risk" and have a few mill knocked off :lol:

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A medical isnt a pass/non-pass evaluation. Think of it as a slider moving depending on the transfer fee, wages, length of contract etc. You are operating in the realms of risk assessment.

Ba`s medical condition could be inferior to Maigas, but the fact that he came on a free and is likely to have some sort of pay as you play clauses makes us more willing to cope with the risk of his knees exploding. The fact that he cost us no money ( well to another club anyway) makes us more willing to take chances in other areas.

When you shell out 7-8 million pounds and there is a 5 year deal involved, you want a bill of health clean as snow. If there were minor niggles with his knee etc, that could be enough for us to back away.

Mind you the deal might not be completely dead in the water, but with medical issues they might have to lower the price to have us interested yet again.

The latter sounds an awful lot like Dekka and Mike, have some low-morale doctor deem him " a risk" and have a few mill knocked off :lol:

What the fuck would you know about it? Whether a player passes or fails, the club can do what they want afterwards but what the medical team can NOT do is claim someone is not fit enough to pass a test. It breaks the law, would have them struck off as doctors and would allow the player to sue the fuck out of them.

Dont spout shite about things you know nowt about.

What the fuck would you know about it? Whether a player passes or fails, the club can do what they want afterwards but what the medical team can NOT do is claim someone is not fit enough to pass a test. It breaks the law, would have them struck off as doctors and would allow the player to sue the fuck out of them.

Dont spout shite about things you know nowt about.

Okei, Chez pleasant as always I see. There has been no official statement as far as I know stating that the Medical team claimed he was a crock. All we know is that there was appearently an issue with his knee. What the doctors can and cannot say, I dont know. What I do know is that a medical can be very thorough or barely checking the blood pressure, and whether someone pass or not is not necessarily based on their current condition, but rather other things as well. Pass being PASS by the club, not the doctors if that makes you feel any better Chez.

Ba flunked with flying colors at stoke, yet we happily took him. Carroll passed the liverpool medical in a matter of an hour tops while on crutches.

If you are gonna go down the "dont talk about things you know nowt about", we might as well just stop posting on a forum alltogether, since we know fuck all about fotball compared to doctors, coaches, managers etc :lol:

I speak based on what i have seen/read regarding medicals, if that is so offensive to you that you feel the need to use 3 "fucks" in every sentence, I am sorry you feel that way i guess.

:lol:

Banterboy, I know you are like a toffee. Hard as nails on the outside, soft and delicious on the inside. Can I mend our relationship with one of Christmas Trees homemade Meat pies?

He brings them to the games pre-heated with a tin foil :)

Maiga hasnt really played that much this fall, has he though? The last two games yes, but he has been sitting out quite a bit due to an injury I think.

Just to have Chez come out with a few more fucks and retard spouts,

Isnt it the club who "passes" or "fails" a medical anyway? I mean all the doctors do is check up on their medical history, discover and register the extent of their current medical condition and injuries and bring forth that information the people in charge at the club? In Ba and Carrolls case, they both had an injury - in Ba`s case a chronical one, in Carrolls case one that excluded him from play for several months, yet they both "passed" ?

Not looking for an arguement, just genuinly interested in the mechanicals of what seems like a very vague approval stamp..

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has said he will continue to pursue a Premier League move, amid the apparent collapse of his proposed move to Newcastle.

The Magpies' interest in the 25-year-old is reported to have cooled after a medical check last week uncovered a potential knee problem.

"I love the Premier League and want to play there," Maiga told skysports.com.

"Hopefully I will have another chance. My health is very good and my knees are strong."

Maiga added: "I wanted that move to Newcastle badly.

"However it did not happen as they said my knee has a problem, but I feel better than anything.

"There is a player at Newcastle now, Demba Ba - he was told at a Premier League medical that he had a knee problem, he then went to another and started scoring goals before his move to Newcastle."

The Mali international was linked with Newcastle during the summer transfer window and even went on strike in the summer in an attempt to persuade manager Mehmed Bazdarevic to sanction a move.

However the window closed without the clubs reaching an agreement, and since Maiga has made 11 league appearances for Sochaux, scoring four goals.

"I am strong in my head and up for it," he said.

"I like Sochaux, but I am having a difficult time with the fans, they do not understand me."

from the beeb

Canny funny that he's been such a cock at his current club, and it's all gone wrong for him.

There's the excuse for Feb 1 sorted anyway. Focused a lot on one player, medical wasn't as we hoped, not the time to turn our attentions to another player, notoriously difficult to prise players away in Jan. Confident the current strikeforce can do the business.

Canny funny that he's been such a cock at his current club, and it's all gone wrong for him.

There's the excuse for Feb 1 sorted anyway. Focused a lot on one player, medical wasn't as we hoped, not the time to turn our attentions to another player, notoriously difficult to prise players away in Jan. Confident the current strikeforce can do the business.

Well you end up like Conspiracy theory Dave over at N-O if you are going down that route. Gets tedious tbh :P

I feel confident we will do our best to sign a striker as cover for Ba, and a central defender.

If we fail to do this - regardless of the excuse ( held for ransom) - I will never again trust the regime. Eternal mugs in that case and Im done with any transfer speculation ( incoming at least :picknose: )

Well you end up like Conspiracy theory Dave over at N-O if you are going down that route. Gets tedious tbh :P

I feel confident we will do our best to sign a striker as cover for Ba, and a central defender.

If we fail to do this - regardless of the excuse ( held for ransom) - I will never again trust the regime. Eternal mugs in that case and Im done with any transfer speculation ( incoming at least :picknose: )

cover for Ba ?

We need a quality partner for Ba.

• 1 year later...