Warwick

wykikitoon

I am off down to Warwick at the end of the month for a long weekend.

I plan on going to see the Castle, but what else is there to do or visit? Is Royal Lemington Spa worth a visit?

I would like to have a walk, how far are the Cotswolds from there? 30 min drive? Anything worth doing closer?

Ta Muchly

Went there a few years ago. The castle was a 6/10 job. Other than that, I can't remember a thing about the place! We were in Stratford upon Avon most of the time, so may have just gone to see the castle.

Not very helpful ;) ;)

Lovely area, we are often up that way. Our friends lived in Chipping Norton. Well worth a visit to Stratford Upon Avon if you havent been there before. Broadway, near Evesham is a picturesque 'oldey worldy' village if you dont mind a drive then you could also visit Broadway Tower. (stunning views) Its only about 20 miles from Warwick I'd say. Loads of places to see around Broadway too like the Upper and Lower Slaughters, Boughton on the Water, Chipping Campden and so on.

Edited by Toonraider

Cheers for that.

Broadway Tower does look pretty special, good call :blush:

Yeah, though its the views from up there that are the best! Plus there's a good cafe at the bottom ;) But if you go there you must go into Broadway village itself.

Of course there will be too many 'Grockles' everywhere this time of year ;) Broadway and the surrounding villages covered in snow are just beautiful, like looking at a Christmas card!

Cheers for that.

Broadway Tower does look pretty special, good call :blush:

Yeah, though its the views from up there that are the best! Plus there's a good cafe at the bottom ;) But if you go there you must go into Broadway village itself.

Of course there will be too many 'Grockles' everywhere this time of year ;) Broadway and the surrounding villages covered in snow are just beautiful, like looking at a Christmas card!

Ah as long as the do a good scone with cream and jam and a good coffee then I shall be very happy :D

Good stuff TR :D

Cheers for that.

Broadway Tower does look pretty special, good call :D

Ah as long as the do a good scone with cream and jam and a good coffee then I shall be very happy :D

Good stuff TR :)

Last time I was there (a couple months ago) I'm sure they did a cream tea!! Have a good time.

PS. If you go to Stratford you have to go on a night ghost walk of the Town :blush:

(though probably best done on a cold dark foggy night in December like it was when we did one)!

Lovely area, we are often up that way. Our friends lived in Chipping Norton. Well worth a visit to Stratford Upon Avon if you havent been there before. Broadway, near Evesham is a picturesque 'oldey worldy' village if you dont mind a drive then you could also visit Broadway Tower. (stunning views) Its only about 20 miles from Warwick I'd say. Loads of places to see around Broadway too like the Upper and Lower Slaughters, Boughton on the Water, Chipping Campden and so on.

Friends in high places?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/pr...es-2309790.html

Friends in high places?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/pr...es-2309790.html

;)

Warwick Castle is a good day out if you are taking kids, otherwise, its a bit of a disappointment at full price (its fucking expensive). Falconry displays are good mind.

I'd steer clear of the likes of Bourton these days as its twee as fuck and caters for hordes of Japanese tourists wanting a "olde worlde" experience. It's heartbreaking to see beautiful traditional pubs turned into school dining halls to fire people through with a minimum of service. Plus Birdland is shit.

Other than that, Broadway is pretty nice, Stratford is touristy but there is much more of interest there than Bourton.

Cheers for that.

Of course there will be too many 'Grockles' everywhere this time of year :blush: Broadway and the surrounding villages covered in snow are just beautiful, like looking at a Christmas card!

baby-jesus-vintage-christmas-card-2.jpg

;)

Cheers for that.

Of course there will be too many 'Grockles' everywhere this time of year :D Broadway and the surrounding villages covered in snow are just beautiful, like looking at a Christmas card!

baby-jesus-vintage-christmas-card-2.jpg

:blush:

Behave! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

TR thanks for the advice on Broadway, was champion, some cracking walks around there.

Warwick - Let down. Small and nothing there. Nice clean place with nee chavs though. A lot of Bridal shops though.

Leamington - Bigger and nice, again clean with nee chavs (dunno what happend to you Dr Gloom) but like any other high street in the UK really, Boots, Superdrug, McD's etc.

TR thanks for the advice on Broadway, was champion, some cracking walks around there.

Warwick - Let down. Small and nothing there. Nice clean place with nee chavs though. A lot of Bridal shops though.

Leamington - Bigger and nice, again clean with nee chavs (dunno what happend to you Dr Gloom) but like any other high street in the UK really, Boots, Superdrug, McD's etc.

Your're welcome, pleased you liked Broadway, its a special place for me.

I've never been to Leamington, and now I won't, as there's no appeal for me if its just like walking down any other high street!

Your're welcome, pleased you liked Broadway, its a special place for me.

I've never been to Leamington, and now I won't, as there's no appeal for me if its just like walking down any other high street!

I know what you mean.

It has quirky shops an is nice and clean. We only spent an hour there, rest of the time was around Broadway, very nice indeed :lol: