Erik Pieters

Barney

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridge - apart from being expensive - was a liability last season.

I think he settled down after a shite start. I didn't see much of West Ham though so can't be sure.

They got relegated. Go figure. :lol:

Unless a) Citeh drop the reported £2m loan fee and :lol: Bridge drops his £80k per week, we have nee chance of getting him.

Would have thought paying the loan fee would automatically have meant the £80k per week would be reduced. Ie we'd only be paying part of the £80k and City would be paying the rest (presumably out of the £2 million fee).

Don't see it happening anyway and as has been mentioned, Bridge is no great shakes. Although obviously we've got fuck all there at present.

Can't say I want Bridge like. But, getting him on loan and paying him stupid wages seems exactly like something we'd do if we're getting desperate.

I can't see us even going for Bridge unless it's a loan deal. Unless it was a case of City giving him away. Like you though I don't think I'd want him on a permanent deal. He's got to be a better option than Perch or Ryan Taylor at LB though unless he's completely finished. Can't see any of the alleged targets being in place before the match on Saturday like.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u...72703-29241468/

PSV EINDHOVEN have placed a £6m price tag on left-back Erik Pieters, with the defender’s wage demands thought to be around £30,000 per week.

Chronicle sources in Holland say that talks between PSV’s technical director Marcel Brands and United are still at the “ongoing” stage, however, Alan Pardew is keen for a deal for a left-back to be concluded in good time for Saturday’s high-noon showdown with Sunderland.

Pieters will seek updates today from PSV after spending yesterday at his grandmother’s funeral.

The Holland international has made it clear that he would like to join Newcastle, and the Magpies are keen to bolster their wafer-thin squad in time for Sunday’s Wear-Tyne derby – with the left-back slot still a focus due to the departure of Jose Enrique to Liverpool last week.

Pardew insisted before Enrique’s exit that the funds recouped for the Spaniard would be made available to bring in a replacement.

That is fucking SHOCKING journalism.

Their own fans even sing 'Hup Holland! Hup!'

PSV EINDHOVEN have placed a £6m price tag on left-back Erik Pieters, with the defender’s wage demands thought to be around £30,000 per week.

Chronicle sources in Holland say that talks between PSV’s technical director Marcel Brands and United are still at the “ongoing” stage, however, Alan Pardew is keen for a deal for a left-back to be concluded in good time for Saturday’s high-noon showdown with Sunderland.

Pieters will seek updates today from PSV after spending yesterday at his grandmother’s funeral.

The Holland international has made it clear that he would like to join Newcastle, and the Magpies are keen to bolster their wafer-thin squad in time for Sunday’s Wear-Tyne derby – with the left-back slot still a focus due to the departure of Jose Enrique to Liverpool last week.

Pardew insisted before Enrique’s exit that the funds recouped for the Spaniard would be made available to bring in a replacement.

What a shit song :lol:

Can't say I want Bridge like. But, getting him on loan and paying him stupid wages seems exactly like something we'd do if we're getting desperate.

I can't see us even going for Bridge unless it's a loan deal. Unless it was a case of City giving him away. Like you though I don't think I'd want him on a permanent deal. He's got to be a better option than Perch or Ryan Taylor at LB though unless he's completely finished. Can't see any of the alleged targets being in place before the match on Saturday like.

Likewise but I could see them signing him as they did Nolan just to get someone in and that would mean having to pay silly wages for once. Canny worrying that we're going into Saturday without a recognised LB or a decent striker. Top notch planning as ever.

What a shit song :lol:

You take my point though, Shirley. If they use it then I think it's ok for us to.

You take my point though, Shirley. If they use it then I think it's ok for us to.

Well yes, but I do think its sloppy on this account. How many times do you read Holland v XYZ, thats wrong. As you are aware, Holland is a region in the Netherlands.

Well yes, but I do think its sloppy on this account. How many times do you read Holland v XYZ, thats wrong. As you are aware, Holland is a region in the Netherlands.

It is also what they call their national football team.

Actually it refers to two provinces :lol: And our antipodean friend is correct.

Region / Province same thing :icon_lol:

I know, that's why I pointed out there were two of them.

I know there was two of them. If we are being pedantic, its actually North Holland and South Holland.

I was there in April and chatting to some Dutch, a few of them said they dont like the term Holland as it encompasses the WHOLE of the Netherlands. The others said they couldnt really careless as they were all Dutch and thats it. Suppose its like a North v South divide here.

Anyways, this doesnt clear up the fact we wont have a LB for the weekend :lol:

Actually it refers to two provinces :icon_lol: And our antipodean friend is correct.

Region / Province same thing :lol:

I know there was two of them. If we are being pedantic, its actually North Holland and South Holland.

I was there in April and chatting to some Dutch, a few of them said they dont like the term Holland as it encompasses the WHOLE of the Netherlands. The others said they couldnt really careless as they were all Dutch and thats it. Suppose its like a North v South divide here.

Anyways, this doesnt clear up the fact we wont have a LB for the weekend :lol:

They don't like the term 'Dutch', especially the older generation :lol:

They don't like the term 'Dutch', especially the older generation :lol:

I tell you what alex, a good book for you, if you havent read it. Fascinating read. Ajax, The Dutch and The War

I haven't read that but I might check it out, ta. You read 'Brilliant Orange' btw?

Edit: Just seen who it's by. I read his 'Football Against the Enemy'. Canny good.

Edited by alex