The Great British riots

Gene_Clark

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the Mailbox in Birmingham (tarty designer mall type thing) has been done over now too. Oh dear. Only a matter of time before they're storming Wilko's in North Shields.

I've just cycled from High Heaton to Tynemouth & North Shields, from Norham Road to Linskill Terrace is at peace....

Where did you buy your bike?

Edinburgh Cycles, in Wood Green.

It cost half a brick

Oh I see. Looks like we have a victim of capitalism here.

Right, Bravo Two Zero here at Chalk Farm, looting over, bricks being thrown at motorists.

I fear only armed support will stop this. Will people have to die before someone actually takes action?

Aye they're gonna have to do something soon. All the footage on the telly just shows these people running (literally) riot and the coppers just standing round at the other end of the street. I'm not trying to tell the coppers their business cos I'm fucking sure I don't know what to do, but they can't just stand off and hope this dies down.

shoot to kill

that's what started this

Apparently the Mailbox in Birmingham (tarty designer mall type thing) has been done over now too. Oh dear. Only a matter of time before they're storming Wilko's in North Shields.

I've just cycled from High Heaton to Tynemouth & North Shields, from Norham Road to Linskill Terrace is at peace....

Where did you buy your bike?

Edinburgh Cycles, in Wood Green.

It cost half a brick

Oh I see. Looks like we have a victim of capitalism here.

we're all victims of capitalism

They just showed a video there. Loads of people going mental in the streets looting, then suddenly there's the loud crash of a window being smashed and this loud disapproving "OHHHHHHHHHHH!" goes up from the crowd. So beautifully British.

I don't/rarely watch the tv anymore so am a bit out the loop with this. I might just buy a paper tomorrow, and see if they slag Londoners off for being always ready to riot at the drop of a hat and having a complex like certain other parts of the country get labelled with. Of course they won't though. With a bit of luck we might get MTV or channel 4 to send a normal bunch of level headed Geordies to live with a bunch of Londoners to see how the other half live and see how the nice Geordies manage to cope with the Londoners deprivation and their mean streets.

:lol:

If only:

Rod Liddle/Matthew Syed/Louise Taylor et al will be really laying into those Londoners tomorrow I bet!

Here's a piece I found from them on the web in my head just now;

So after they got their man Dave in, after they got the Olympics at their gaffe, after they got the Harry Potter premiere on their manner, after all this, were they grateful to Dave for seeing them alright? Nah, Guv'nor! Not these Ally G wannebe's! Unless they think their messiah, Ray Winstone can do a better job of running the country, perhaps we should let them loot, vandalise and terrorise to their hearts content then let them club together when they've finished to pay for all the damage they've done whilst the rest of the law abiding people in the rest of the country just wryly smile to themselves. Cockneys, eh? When will they ever learn, innit?

here's the 'we're getting our taxes back' chav lass in clapham. absolute scum. no other words can describe it. they're not protesting anything. what we have is a bunch of utterly dimwitted thieves.

Edited by Tom

here's the 'we're getting our taxes back' chav lass in clapham. absolute scum. no other words can describe it. they're not protesting anything. what we have is a bunch of utterly dimwitted thieves.

Love how he reveals how Waterstones was untouched.

Looting a new 3D telly to see Jezza's blackheads yet steal books? Heaven forbid.

The thieves are the capitalists

Fuck off to Bolivia. On your bike.

Ideologically speaking, this situation is a manifestation of Karl Polanyi's theory of double movement in action. People seek refuge in either or both extreme behaviour & rhetoric as the state contracts & retreats in the face of an unexpected & uncoordinated attack.

The thieves are the capitalists

Fuck off to Bolivia. On your bike.

Ideologically speaking, this situation is a manifestation of Karl Polanyi's theory of double movement in action. People seek refuge in either or both extreme behaviour & rhetoric as the state contracts & retreats in the face of an unexpected & uncoordinated attack.

funny you should say that as it's exactly what the chav lass that stole the telly from curries in clapham said in part 2 of that video.

WayneRooney Wayne Rooney

These riots are nuts why would people do this to there own country. Own city. This is embarrassing for our country. Stop please