Is it a boy thing?

catmag

I was listening to the 3rd part of the Ricky Gervais podcasts earlier and there was something that has made me curious. There was a bit about buying toilet roll in a shop and all 3 of the presenters said there is no way they would just go into a shop solely to buy toilet roll. Having just had a conv with Gemmill about it and his direct quote was "There's no way I'd just go in a shop and buy toilet roll on it's own! Even if I just bought a paper and some chocolate with it, I'd have to buy something otherwise the person behind the counter would just know I was going straight home for a shit!" ;)

So is that a boy thing? I have no qualms about going and buying loo roll on it's own, but then I suppose girls need loo roll more than boys :angry:

What a lovely subject for tea-time eh? :blush:

Edited by catmag

Needing a sit down brown is nothing to be ashamed of imo, i mean after all we all need to do it.

So what if the shopkeeper knows your going for a Richard the third, it's when he/she starts asking to watch from under a glass coffee table thats the time to start worrying ;)

Absolutely no problem buying loo roll by itself.

I was once slightly embarassed to buy tampons by themselves for my g/f, but got over it. Condoms at chemists can be slightly embarassing too if you're under 18.

wouldnt dare buy toliet roll on it's own no way

tip for buying condoms from a supermarket go to the checkout with the woman who's pushing 60 on it, give her a nice big smile as she beeps them through, cos in her head she'll be thinking 'bastards, getting some and i havent had it for years'

Just for further clarity - I wouldn't go to Tesco and just buy bog roll, but at the same time, I'm not gonna go to the little shop across the street and buy it by itself either. Especially the shop across from my street cos it sells bog roll individually, unwrapped, by the roll. It almost feels like I may as well just squat in the shop if I'm gonna buy that.

By the way, this is all probably because I'm an immature twat, and I KNOW that if I worked in a shop and someone came in and just bought one bog roll I'd be thinking "Ah aye, shitey arse....got the shits, have we?" ;):angry:

Buying a papar with it is even worse...! ;) What does, that say! Your not only going straight home for a shit, but your going to relax with your paper while shitting for queen and country. I must admit, buying chocolates too is something I've never tried.....Your concentrating on reading your paper, eating your chocolates, you finish up then you notice you have chocolate on your fingers.......what do you do instinctively ? I mean.........what if its not chocolate? :angry:

I have a mate who once bought a jazz mag and a packet of tissues at the same time.

He might as well have said "I'm going home for one off the wrist"

69684[/snapback]

So ? ;)

I've never done it, but I guess i've always had something else that I need to buy when I go to the shop.. so it's not like "I'm not just buying bog roll cos I'll look like I need a shit"

more like "While I'm in here I'll buy some Apple Juice".....

I suppose the last part of that was excessive detail, but fuck it I'm bored.

Buying a papar with it is even worse...!  ;) What does, that say! Your not only going straight home for a shit, but your going to relax with your paper while shitting for queen and country. I must admit, buying chocolates too is something I've never tried.....Your concentrating on reading your paper, eating your chocolates, you finish up then you notice you have chocolate on your fingers.......what do you do instinctively ? I mean.........what if its not chocolate? :angry:

69659[/snapback]

I agree, letting them know your going home for a relaxing shit while reading the Times doesnt give the right impression.

Thats why I always buy a copy of Razzle with bog roll just to confuse them as to what comes first the wipe or wank. :blush:

Never bothered me. Girls do get through the stuff at a phenomenal rate though, I've only noticed this since neither me or the girl I share a bathroom with can be bothered to chuck out the used cardboard tubes. There's fucking loads of them.