England v India

Dr Gloom

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good knock from broad. just need jimmy to revamp his role from cardiff last year and stay with him for a bit longer. after that nightmare lunch session we could be on the verge of a semi competitive score

Fascinating days play. Nice to a good old fashioned test match wicket with plenty in it for bowlers. It'll be interesting to see if it swings as much tomorrow if the sun shines. This has got a result written all over it. Could go either way.

Blowers nearly had a heart attack on TMS ;)

Boycott just saying before Broad's first wicket in that spell : "I saw the lad's fatha this morning and told him the lad should be pitching it oop a bit" :o

He eventually go 4 wickets for no runs in 3 overs. Class stuff...and he's just got them all out for 288. Broad 6-46 in that innings, his best test figures. India lead by 67 and they reckon it will be easier to bat the longer the match goes on.

very well done by ms dhoni to withdraw that appeal. letter of the law said bell should have walked but wasn't really keeping with the spirit of the game.

Top class from the indians changing the decision as whilst totally legal it would have been a sad way to get a wicket in the spirit of the game and a further show of class when Bell was finally out they were over shaking his hand. Would have been one hell of a fiery last session if the decision had stood, crowd angry, players all fired up and bad tempered, could have been good in a way!

England looking every bit a team who could be world number 1 soon if they keep going like this, 11 players all of whom can contribute at any given time and the likes of Finn and Bresnan (when Tremlett is fit) can't even get into the team!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Morgan out to the 2nd Indian delivery of a new ball......70 untroubled runs beforehand against part time spinners and other rubbish. then the first time the ball moved he's out. That lad isnt good enough at the top level.

Jonathon Trott comes out...as mentioned above that is a bit of a surprise.....and very nearly gets caught lbw first ball.

interesting to hear some of the commentary today. lots of ex pros seem to think bell made a school boy error and the decision should have stood. i agree to a point. but it would still be a pretty crap way to get someone out.

Dravid was spot on talking about Bell. Basically said he wasn't attempting a run therefore it wouldn't have been in the spirit of the game to uphold the appeal, even if it was well within the rules. I was half disappointed when the Indians changed their mind though (even though I think it was the right thing to do) because I was looking forward to the ensuing needle it would have produced. Absolutely great test series so far btw.

India were probably thankful for the Bell incident as it took away some of the focus on how abysmal they were yesterday. They more or less gave up.